1/10 Ford Raptor Baja Rey 4WD Desert Truck

The Losi Ford Raptor Baja Rey is a killer desert RC truck! Engineered to race, the Baja Rey's 4-link suspension and true-to-scale body make it an amazing RC desert racer.

Splash

Ford Raptor Baja Rey 4WD Desert Truck

I have driven a Ford 250 truck for over a decade and I have always lusted after the Ford Raptor. What's not to like? I have exciting news for other Raptor fans out there. Now you can own the Losi Ford Raptor Baja Rey as a radio control racer! This is the most authentic looking Desert Truck on the market with the performance and durability of a race vehicle.

This officially licensed truck comes equipped with a Dynamite 3800Kv brushless power system, as well as a solid rear axle, independent front suspension, and roll cage with upright shocks, so you can tear across all types of rocky off-road terrain. And you'll do so with the full-throttle freedom that only AVC technology can provide. Just like the full-scale Ford Raptor, the onboard traction control allows you to fly across the desert at speeds in excess of 50mph all while in complete control and completely dialed in. You get an authentic off-road racing experience with injection molded details, light bars, and two licensed trim schemes. The Ford Raptor Baja Rey has just raised the bar another level.

Losi® 2018 Ford Raptor Baja Rey®: 1/10 RTR 4WD Desert Racer (1 min 55 sec)

Features

• Officially Licensed Ford Body Panels and Trim Schemes
  • Over the top scale details including custom body, 4-link suspension and more.
  • Dynamite® 3800Kv Brushless Power System
  • Long Travel 4-link Live Rear Axle
  • Long Travel Independent A-Arm Front Suspension
  • Easy-Access Motor
  • Rear-Loading Battery
  • Sealed Metal-Gear Transmission and Diffs
  • Coil-over Oil-Filled Shocks
  • Waterproof Electronics
  • Bolt-On Body Panels and Detailed Interior
  • LED Light Bar (Front and Rear)
  • Aluminum Chassis
  • Full-Size Spare Tire
  • Spektrum™ DX2E Active™ Radio System
  • AVC Traction Control

Photos

Learn More

Head over to Horizon Hobby for pricing, availability and more!

Mar 09, 2019, 07:55 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Wow! Looks cool!
Latest blog entry: Flying Log Book
Mar 11, 2019, 06:32 PM
The Mad Titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWA
Wow! Looks cool!
Yeah. It's crazy, I never really considered getting a Baja Rey, but with this new body, I'm considering it, LOL
Mar 11, 2019, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC1138
Yeah. It's crazy, I never really considered getting a Baja Rey, but with this new body, I'm considering it, LOL
Same here. This thing looks killer!
Mar 12, 2019, 05:16 AM
Very cute ...but not a steal . The details are amazing.
Mar 12, 2019, 09:20 AM
The only change is the open diff and the wheel/body design?
Mar 12, 2019, 10:41 AM
The Mad Titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonic
The only change is the open diff and the wheel/body design?
I think the metal chassis is 1/2 mm thicker too, though I haven't compared specs on them.
Mar 12, 2019, 06:53 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
I've seen the TL Baja Rey at my local hobby store and for a 1/10th scale it is huge.

Is this the largest basher out in the 10th scale side?
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
Mar 14, 2019, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1
I've seen the TL Baja Rey at my local hobby store and for a 1/10th scale it is huge.

Is this the largest basher out in the 10th scale side?
I wonder how it would be next to a Slash 4x4 for scale. The Slash is basically a 1/8 sized truck, as this one may be too.
Mar 26, 2019, 01:37 PM
The Mad Titan
Checked this out at my LHS this past weekend. It looks REALLY nice. The only issue(s) I have with it are the battery tray and connector location. The tray looks pretty small, like "you're only going to fit in a 5000mah or smaller battery" small, regardless of 2S or 3S. I also hate that the ESC battery plug is hard mounted on the bottom of the truck but outside the battery tray. Basically, your battery wires and connector are open to some damage if you land just right (or is that wrong?).

Still, I'm tempted to pick it up. It's got nice, cushy suspension like a Traxxas UDR and the stock tires feel nice and soft/grippy. And it does look nice with the new body.
Mar 26, 2019, 08:25 PM
Interesting. I never understood the hard mounted battery plug thing.

But you are right, it looks amazing! How big is it compared to a say Slash 4x4?
Mar 26, 2019, 08:36 PM
The Mad Titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead5496
Interesting. I never understood the hard mounted battery plug thing.

But you are right, it looks amazing! How big is it compared to a say Slash 4x4?
It's more or less the same size I would guess.
Mar 26, 2019, 10:08 PM
Gotcha. It looks bigger in the pics.

This would look so cool with a trailer pulling a boat for display
Apr 01, 2019, 06:54 PM
The Mad Titan
Finally picked one up this past weekend and got to try her out today. KILLER truck. Super plush ride, the suspension soaks up everything and handles great. I took her out to the small park across the way from my place, which still has "winter" grass mixed with some dirt patches and a newly paved basketball court. On pavement, you'll traction roll if you turn too hard with too much speed, but on the grass, loose terrain, she was awesome. Good forward bite, but power slides for days. The wheels just go up, down, up, down...the entire time, none of the bouncing around you get with most Short Course trucks. I can imagine racing this would be a ton of fun.
Apr 01, 2019, 08:07 PM
Dude that thing looks SO good. One of the best looking SCT out there...maybe the best one.

Does it come with that wheel/tire combo? Are they 2.2"?

Did you get any video??

Quick Reply