This thread is privately moderated by BDOG1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 07, 2019, 07:56 PM
Held by Grace
Thread OP
Discussion

Back on the Hill 3/7/19

I finally got back out for some slope flying today after a month layoff.
Due to lack of proper wind this past February was a complete bust ,last year when ever a North Easter would blow through the next 2 to 3 days would produce great wind 20 to 30mph straight up our hill,This year the wind after the storms has all been crossed -just when I thought I had the pattern figured out -
Anyway the forecast was for good direction 14mph coasting down to 12 mph by late afternoon so I left work a 1/2 hour early to be at the top of when the max mph was predicted to blow.

as on cue 3:00 found 15 mph steady gusting to 20mph...and Sunshine a pleasant surprise -

I had brought out a G.E.M.S Knife Edge - wide body, Of course A SIZZLE {all ways in my quiver} and My trusty Park Zone KA-8

The wide body flew well but as it was intended for lower wind conditions it did not penetrate and hold its inertia as well as my stock Knife Edge when the gusts ramped up,I had brought it expecting the wind to subside to 12 mph ....note to self - maybe a white wing is not the best color for snowy winter flying

The Sizzle was next - I spent a hour tearing up the slope with her,a kick in the pants as usual ADHD in all the right ways .

Then I finished the afternoon with a 1/2 hour on the KA-8, like dancing with a fat lady -
My fingers were starting to hurt so I brought her down and packed up,I hated to call it quits with daylight and sunshine,and wind remaining but probably the right call.
I Will sleep well tonight !
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply