Tarango Custom 3D Printed Controller for FPV

The Tarango came out about this time last year, but I hadn't seen it until recently so I figured it was worth a share. It's a custom controller case design that you can download on Thingiverse and print at home.

Splash

All in One FPV Screen and Radio

The Tarango came out about this time last year, but I seen it until recently so I figured it was worth a share. It's a custom controller case design that you can download on Thingiverse and print at home. It looks cool, but the killer feature here is you can gut your Taranis Qx7 and put the parts into this case along with an FPV screen and have a nice travel setup for FPV flying. Here's more from the designer:

"Hi finally i'm sharing the stl files for my custom controller case i designed. I called it the Tarango because it is a Taranis Qx7 mixed inspired by a tbs tango controller, Tara Ango.

I wanted a controller that was reasonably compact, and yet has a screen i can fly from, diversity receiver with patch and omni antenna for 5.8 video, crossfire tx integration. and dvr record and playback ability. and i still have the FrSky 2.4 tx still fit inside also. and it has a 6000 mah 2s liion to power it. after much work i got it all to fit.

So first off this is no simple build it requires quite a bit of work to get all the goodies to fit!

Here is a video showing the Tarango. Well the first one I made was red."

Tarango v2 Taranis hybrid (2 min 13 sec)

"You will have to remove some connectors from the taranis main board for the 18650 cells to fit. and will also have to remove the sma connectors on the furious fpv receiver. also the lcd from the video receiver will also need to be removed and remote mounted with 4 wires to the front. and the tbs tango jr module will need to be taken apart so it can connect directly to the taranis main connector. thats just what i can think of now. i would like to do a video on the process but well see how that goes.

Anyways if you do end up building one please post a picture of it with the #TarangoFPV on Instagram, so i can see them in the wild lol. Thanks and please don't be shy about contributing some $ if you want to show your appreciation for all the work that has gone into designing this. oh and don't forget to have fun, take your time. :)"

Check out the Tarango Custom 3D Printed Controller for FPV Here

Mar 07, 2019, 06:24 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Spotted this last year, it's a great project if it will fit on your print bed. I remixed it so that the 5inch FPV screen was a clam shell like a Nintendo DS Lite but my HDD failed before I got a chance to print it.

I will get back to it one day.
Mar 19, 2019, 02:08 AM
That would make for a nice grab-n-go solution for micros. How about build in a couple of 1s charge ports for PH2.0 batteries too
Mar 19, 2019, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPNutter
That would make for a nice grab-n-go solution for micros. How about build in a couple of 1s charge ports for PH2.0 batteries too
I like this idea!

Quick Reply