New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Feb 04, 2005, 08:34 PM
JMBRAD is offline
Find More Posts by JMBRAD
Jody Bradshaw
JMBRAD's Avatar
Thank's, I'll give it a try.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2005, 01:27 AM
mohillbilly is offline
Find More Posts by mohillbilly
Yep I got another one.
mohillbilly's Avatar
Ok I rednecked my gearbox working again. I had tried to glue it but now dice, so I stuck it back together, added more glue, added a shim under the back were it would move if pushed on, then took 3 tiny rubber bands and wraped the heck out of it. ran a full battery on the ground and seemed fine. Flew 2 packs today for about 40 mins, did my frist 2 loops today and landed everytime so its still intack.
Old Feb 05, 2005, 01:35 AM
mohillbilly is offline
Find More Posts by mohillbilly
Yep I got another one.
mohillbilly's Avatar
Ok I noticed my 400d motor has a 4mm shaft but the 350 replacement I got is 3mm, the LHS only has the 3 mm ones. SOOoo here is my homemade prop adaptor. for a 3mm I just drill it out a tad, on an apc I use the adaptor that came with it (smallest)

[img]
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UADzA...08811476355702
[img]

then I put a bit of flue line from my glows on there

[img]
http://<br /> http://groups.msn.com...77252873<br />
[img]

the prop will just fit over the flue line, then add front washer and nut it and tighten, it will cruch up the rubber line and will fit nice and snug, and be centered. I flew for over 45 mins today and worked great!

[img]
http://<br /> http://groups.msn.com...78344113<br />
[img]
Last edited by mohillbilly; Feb 05, 2005 at 01:37 AM.
Old Feb 05, 2005, 01:39 AM
mohillbilly is offline
Find More Posts by mohillbilly
Yep I got another one.
mohillbilly's Avatar
anyone help, how do you get the pics to show or even link right? I have my own hosting
Old Feb 05, 2005, 09:58 AM
beaver newby is offline
Find More Posts by beaver newby
Newby no more!
beaver newby's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohillbilly
Ok I noticed my 400d motor has a 4mm shaft but the 350 replacement I got is 3mm, the LHS only has the 3 mm ones. SOOoo here is my homemade prop adaptor. for a 3mm I just drill it out a tad, on an apc I use the adaptor that came with it (smallest)

[img]
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UADzA...08811476355702
[img]

then I put a bit of flue line from my glows on there

[img]
http://<br /> http://groups.msn.com...77252873<br />
[img]

the prop will just fit over the flue line, then add front washer and nut it and tighten, it will cruch up the rubber line and will fit nice and snug, and be centered. I flew for over 45 mins today and worked great!

[img]
http://<br /> http://groups.msn.com...08811478344113
[img]
Looking at the 2nd and 3rd link on your post you have one too many "Http://<br /> and <br /> at the end" . Edit your second and third link to remove this. Compare to your first link as that one works.

Your edited links follow:
picture 2

picture 3
Last edited by beaver newby; Feb 05, 2005 at 10:27 AM.
Old Feb 05, 2005, 10:53 AM
Block is offline
Find More Posts by Block
Registered User
I noticed today that it is easier to cut and then sand the elevator and rudder before applying the hinge tape (I used Scotch 2" wide clear "standard" packing tape).

If you follow the GWS directions and apply the tape first (which I did for the elevator), you have to be careful not to sand the tape along the hinge point.

My fuselage is bent a little - just slightly warped. I think I'll orient the fuselage so that the motor points down (instead of to the right). I'm unsure which is more important part of the thrust mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexAlex
Well any notes or warnings before a start construction of my slowstick?

-Alex
Old Feb 05, 2005, 11:59 AM
flatfenderman is offline
Find More Posts by flatfenderman
Registered User
flatfenderman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Block
.

My fuselage is bent a little - just slightly warped. I think I'll orient the fuselage so that the motor points down (instead of to the right). I'm unsure which is more important part of the thrust mod.

I think I'd go with it pointing right. My stock SS has a tendance to slowly circle to the left presumable due to motor torque. It's my understanding that the down thrust becomes more inmportant when running a brushless...
Old Feb 05, 2005, 12:18 PM
kc8tad is offline
Find More Posts by kc8tad
Registered User

Crooked Tail and other hangups


My ss is almost put together but before i put all the gear on i had a couple (more) questions.

If i hold my plane up from the back, I notice that my tail (thats hooked onto the fuse) it is leaning up to the right maybe a couple CM.. how will this affect my flying? and how could this be fixed.. i already drilled and glued it on

Also -- hooking the arms that move the rudder and elevator to the servos.. Is it possible to use the plus sign looking connector because the other ones hit the fuse. They are just straight across ----o----

Also for placing the equiptment.. I need a small lecture on CG if at all possible.

As for the PSU i still dont have anything to power my e-flite Celectra charger.. this computer PSU isnt standard (from dell) and I can get that working! Oh well. No flying this weekend.

Any help would be appreciated.. thanks again guys

~Robert Rittenhouse
Old Feb 05, 2005, 12:47 PM
flatfenderman is offline
Find More Posts by flatfenderman
Registered User
flatfenderman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc8tad
My ss is almost put together but before i put all the gear on i had a couple (more) questions.

If i hold my plane up from the back, I notice that my tail (thats hooked onto the fuse) it is leaning up to the right maybe a couple CM.. how will this affect my flying? and how could this be fixed.. i already drilled and glued it on

Also -- hooking the arms that move the rudder and elevator to the servos.. Is it possible to use the plus sign looking connector because the other ones hit the fuse. They are just straight across ----o----

Also for placing the equiptment.. I need a small lecture on CG if at all possible.

As for the PSU i still dont have anything to power my e-flite Celectra charger.. this computer PSU isnt standard (from dell) and I can get that working! Oh well. No flying this weekend.

Any help would be appreciated.. thanks again guys

~Robert Rittenhouse
Robert, I'm not the resident expert by any means but I thinik I can help some. I take it that your sevos didnt come with a single arm like this type "0-----" ? If not go ahead and make what you have work, or cut off one side of the ----0---- you have. Remeber when hooking up the control rods to use the hole farthest from the servo and closest to the rudder/elevator for max throws. As for the CG, start with the leading edge of your wing about 5 to 5 1/4 inches from the front of the fuse and then with the CG marked on the wing slide your radio eq around until you have it balanced. Be sure to include your battery in this process. However if you have several different size batterys, balance it w/o the battery but leave room to hang them under the CG. This way the different battery size/weight wont effect your CG. As for the tail fethers, mine are crooked too and it flys fine. Some try to shim or otherwise get them strait, but after a few not so gracefull landings they'll be off again anyway.

I'll have to leave the charger question to someone else...

Flatty
Last edited by flatfenderman; Feb 05, 2005 at 12:50 PM.
Old Feb 05, 2005, 12:53 PM
kc8tad is offline
Find More Posts by kc8tad
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatfenderman
Robert, I'm not the resident expert by any means but I thinik I can help some. I take it that your sevos didnt come with a single arm like this type "0-----" ? If not go ahead and make what you have work, or cut off one side of the ----0---- you have. Remeber when hooking up the control rods to use the hole farthest from the servo and closest to the rudder/elevator for max throws. As for the CG, start with the leading edge of your wing about 5 to 5 1/4 inches from the front of the fuse and then with the CG marked on the wing slide your radio eq around until you have it balanced. Be sure to include your battery in this process. However if you have several different size batterys, balance it w/o the battery but leave room to hang them under the CG. This way the different battery size/weight wont effect your CG. As for the tail fethers, mine are crooked too and it flys fine. Some try to shim or otherwise get them strait, but after a few not so gracefull landings they'll be off again anyway.

I'll have to leave the charger question to someone else...

Flatty
Cool ok.. but will the crooked wing matter much? lol..

I found a PSU that comes on but it looks to be throwing out AC voltage?? whats up with that haha. I cant find where its putting out 12v DC unless my meter is wacko.
I seem to be getting different info from that R/C Battery Clinic Site http://www.marcee.org/Articles/PCPowerSupply.htm
But it does have power now and this is a standard PSU unlike the dell psu i was trying to get working :P

One other strange thing.. my Speed Controller came with a plastic looking wrap around it (GWS) and it has a heatsink also.. i take it I am to unwrap the elctronics from the wrap (on the speed controller) and then attach the heatsink somehow??

Thanks again.

~Robert Rittenhouse
Old Feb 05, 2005, 01:13 PM
flatfenderman is offline
Find More Posts by flatfenderman
Registered User
flatfenderman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc8tad
Cool ok.. but will the crooked wing matter much? lol..

I found a PSU that comes on but it looks to be throwing out AC voltage?? whats up with that haha. I cant find where its putting out 12v DC unless my meter is wacko.
I seem to be getting different info from that R/C Battery Clinic Site http://www.marcee.org/Articles/PCPowerSupply.htm
But it does have power now and this is a standard PSU unlike the dell psu i was trying to get working :P

One other strange thing.. my Speed Controller came with a plastic looking wrap around it (GWS) and it has a heatsink also.. i take it I am to unwrap the elctronics from the wrap (on the speed controller) and then attach the heatsink somehow??

Thanks again.

~Robert Rittenhouse
No, leave the wrap on the ESC and skip the heat sink. IMHO the SS gets more than enough air flow to cool it. I mounted mine with velcro.
Old Feb 05, 2005, 01:19 PM
kc8tad is offline
Find More Posts by kc8tad
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatfenderman
No, leave the wrap on the ESC and skip the heat sink. IMHO the SS gets more than enough air flow to cool it. I mounted mine with velcro.
Oooh ok thanks didnt know about that as there were no directions.

Thanks

-R-
Old Feb 05, 2005, 01:32 PM
flatfenderman is offline
Find More Posts by flatfenderman
Registered User
flatfenderman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc8tad
Oooh ok thanks didnt know about that as there were no directions.

Thanks

-R-
aauh, what are dirrections?
Old Feb 05, 2005, 01:56 PM
kc8tad is offline
Find More Posts by kc8tad
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatfenderman
aauh, what are dirrections?
Im not quite sure But i resorted to looking for them haha.

~Robert
Old Feb 05, 2005, 02:54 PM
kc8tad is offline
Find More Posts by kc8tad
Registered User
Well good news i believe

My multimeter is bad and the PSU IS outputting voltage.. it should be 12v (yellow wire) and i connected it to the + on the charger and the - on the other lead and it went "BEEP" and the status light lit up and went back off.

The charger is an Eflite Celectra 1-3.. In the manual it says that is all and well so I think i might have a psu for my charger! woohoo

Now I thank you for the comments on the servos.. im going to go make that mod right now to the servo arm because it only came with two different full length arms! Wow this might come together afterall.. probably crash first time out and break it all! LOL... I just hope this thing flies as the tail is kinda not completley straight.. Will the trim settings compensate for this or should I get a new kit and redo the wing LOL :P (hopefully not the last one)

Thanks

~Robert


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Ultimate Slow Stick Help Thread - Part 6 Ron H Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 544 Feb 16, 2005 10:59 AM
The Ultimate Slow Stick Help Thread - Part 5 boomerace Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 793 Sep 13, 2004 09:01 AM
The Ultimate Slow Stick Help Thread - Part 4 Martin Hunter Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 824 May 31, 2004 02:00 AM
The Ultimate Slow Stick Help Thread - Part 3 Martin Hunter Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 639 Apr 11, 2004 12:17 PM
The Ultimate Slow Stick Help Thread - Part 2 Martin Hunter Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 565 Feb 17, 2004 11:35 AM