Apr 26, 2005, 10:26 AM
It's been a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack620
which prop and how many cells? I assume no gearbox required?
10x7 prop and a 3x1gearbox on 3cell lipo.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 26, 2005, 08:15 PM
Oldie but goodie
Quote:
Originally Posted by park-n-fly
I forgot to ask you, popsracer...did you do any modifying of the airframe or wing for your setup? Or did you just go stock with most everything but the motorplant?
Thanks to the recommendations here in the thread, I decided to mod mine a little from the get-go.

1) Balsa square inside fuselage.

2) Used 2" wide fibre reinforced packaging tape over the fiberglass rods on the wing. Added another strip at the center joint. Then a strip of 2" wide clear tape on the bottom of the wing from tip to tip.

3) Lastly I reinforced the landing gear to keep them from bending.

With the wing reinforcement, I can do consecutive loops and do not see any wing flexing at all.
Apr 26, 2005, 09:25 PM
better than park-n-work
Any chance of you posting a few pics of your wings, popsracer? If not, no worries.
Apr 27, 2005, 12:44 AM
It's been a while.
I got my Slowstick from Balsa products(the slope version) and it came with carbon fiber rods instead of the fiberglass ones that everyone else seems to get.
Did I luck out or do all Slowsticks come with carbon fiber now?
Apr 27, 2005, 02:33 AM
Been There! Done That!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Zipper
I got my Slowstick from Balsa products(the slope version) and it came with carbon fiber rods instead of the fiberglass ones that everyone else seems to get.
Did I luck out or do all Slowsticks come with carbon fiber now?
I think you will find they are black fiberglass. I have some fiberglass rods that are white and some are black. The fiberglass I use for IFO Landing gears as it will flex more than the carbon without breakage.
boomer
Apr 27, 2005, 07:03 AM

Gearbox Guru?

Hello again.
I've asked this once before, but I am not sure that I asked things properly. (It helps to ask clear questions, doesn't it?) I have "attempted" putting together 2 other electrics with gearboxes. Both times the gears seemed to slip, strip, or die. I really want to put together a Slow Stick that works in 10mph winds. So here goes:

1. Is there a "gourmet" motor/gearbox combo that I should consider?
2. Is there a motor/prop combo to use that would completely eliminate the gearbox without altering the SS character?

I appreciate any help you might offer. I picked up my kit from the LHS, and I just noticed it is the EPS-400C version. This a problem? Should I exchange. I really don't mind putting the power sytem in a drawer and purchasing a whole new setup. Is the plane the same for all versions except for the power system? Thanks again. I'm just a bit lost. Well ... I might be more lost than I think!

Peter
Apr 27, 2005, 09:18 AM
Just one more plane!
It's time to create part 8.

Boomer, would you like to do the honors?

John
Apr 27, 2005, 12:04 PM
Been There! Done That!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren
It's time to create part 8.

Boomer, would you like to do the honors?

John
Done!
New thread at
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=364276
boomer
PLEASE POST TO NEW THREAD!!!!!
John,
would you please close this one................
Last edited by boomerace; Apr 27, 2005 at 12:23 PM.

Quick Reply