Dec 01, 2019, 03:56 PM
Thread OP

hull preparation work

At the same time, I started to investigate cnc components. I prepared them early this year, so it's been a long time. And my memory already has some holes.
I started to measure some parts to make sure that the parts were joined together, that they would also be banded together.
I have already learned that in some cases it may not correspond to what I drew and what made 3D CNC cutter. Everything was made in amateur conditions on 3D CNC milling machine.
Some parts fit and some do not fit. I am optimistic and I will prepare all the fuselage parts with them. So that the hull can be folded together.
I wanted to save time when milling, because double-sided milling is a different level of work.
The model must first be milled from the inside so that the outside part must not shake, and this is a great art but especially time consuming on a 3d milling machine.
That's why I used a soldering iron on the inside (see figure) to help me remove the inside part.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2019, 04:11 PM
Thread OP

landing gear

Before I close the fuselage, I have to solve the landing gear problem.
There was a version that had a landing gear, but from my point of view it is very complicated. I need a landing gear that will be functional but not real. I don't have the easy opportunity to fly on the water so I need a landing gear that allows me to train out of the water.
I do not want to have problems with sealing holes that will certainly be necessary for a real landing gear.
My intention is to have the main landing gear ala Pilatus turbo porter but we'll see.
I want to do a significant amount of work before joining the hull together so I don't have to deal with some parts later with increased effort.
Dec 02, 2019, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marecisko
...My friend prepared a horizontal part from Herex material.
I've never heard of this material. Supposedly used in aviation.
I suspect the core material is Airex foam. It's used a lot in boatbuilding and other applications.
Dec 16, 2019, 04:09 PM
Thread OP

Canopy for engines

I have prepared 3d model of canopy and than I put as a mockup for prepare fiberglace parts.
the first piece is available
Dec 16, 2019, 04:21 PM
Thread OP

first version of main landing gear

I am trying prepare it before I closed hull.
It is more efficient to prepare it before closed.
Whole hull is from foam that why I need proper stress of distribution.

Quick Reply