Thread Tools
Mar 18, 2019, 11:14 AM
Registered User
PaunFD's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicModell
Also we added some shops for the people who hate Banggood to go an buy there.

Thanks!
That's an outstanding touch IMHO!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 20, 2019, 01:34 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motocrossman24
@sonicmodell will this plane also fly with 5200mah packs like the dxl? Hoping I donít have to buy smaller packs.
Yep man, we took her up with 5200, no problem. Landings are hot!

Note for the beginners: MC is an experienced pilot and he can handle it. If you're just starting in the hobby, try lighter setups, you will have a much better experience.
Mar 20, 2019, 10:02 AM
Registered User
Happy

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Mar 20, 2019, 12:18 PM
Registered User
Just got the talon gt(pre production sample) before I left for work. I will do some unboxing pictures tonight when I get home. Unfortunately I attempted to take my finger off at work last night, and probably won’t be doing any soldering until stiches come out in a week. So it’ll be a week or two before maiden. Plans are an f722wing on inav. Falkor fpv cam, runcam3s in the nose. New akk fx2 dominator 2w vtx and an r9 slim+ rx.
Last edited by Motocrossman24; Mar 20, 2019 at 01:39 PM.
Mar 20, 2019, 01:03 PM
I'd rather be flying
baddb1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motocrossman24
Just got the talon gt before I left for work. I will do some unboxing pictures tonight when I get home. Unfortunately I attempted to take my finger off at work last night, and probably wonít be doing any soldering until stiches come out in a week. So itíll be a week or two before maiden. Plans are an f722wing on inav. Falkor fpv cam, runcam3s in the nose. New akk fx2 dominator 2w vtx and an r9 slim+ rx.
Where did you order? I ordered on Banggood but it says "preorder" still.
Mar 20, 2019, 01:31 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddb1
Where did you order? I ordered on Banggood but it says "preorder" still.
Mine is a pre production review sample, sorry I should have stated that in my op. Iíll get some pics up after work tonight, and will throw a few batteries in the nose to give some idea of the space.
Mar 20, 2019, 01:47 PM
I'd rather be flying
baddb1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motocrossman24
Mine is a pre production review sample, sorry I should have stated that in my op. Iíll get some pics up after work tonight, and will throw a few batteries in the nose to give some idea of the space.
Sounds good! Or hold a tape measure in front of battery compartment?
Mar 20, 2019, 02:19 PM
Registered User
I can do that
Mar 20, 2019, 04:28 PM
Registered User
PaunFD's Avatar
For this bird I have another old APM repurposed from a multirotor that I have not flown for almost 2 years now, with a GPS and a 500mW mavlink radio. On the way there is a Falkor and on standby a Dominator 2w vtx and another mini-Crossfire.
For HD I have a Gitup Git2 camera which will add another 50g without it's battery..

I'm guessing that the max battery that this plane will see, is a 4S2P li-ion 18650cells, because I don't think that the 20700 cells in 2P pack will make the plane to come in to land faster than I would like.
Also take-off with a 550g battery might be challenging ...
However I still expect at least 40 minutes of motor time with throttle at 50% which should give me about 20km range.
Mar 20, 2019, 05:21 PM
Registered User

What Happened ZOHD?


Wow. I had high hopes for this plane.
But after seeing it. All I can say is...What a disappointment.

I was honestly expecting something along the lines of the Nano Talon and the XUAV Mini Talon.

90% of the GT's problems for me, is its looks.

It looks so ugly. Like a cardboard box with wings. This has got to be one of the least stylish planes I've ever seen in my years of flying. I could have made a fuselage out of balsa wood, that looked better than that

It has nice innovations as ZOHD are know for. But that's all.

I most certainly can not justify spending $320 AU on this
Mar 20, 2019, 05:27 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissah
Wow. I had high hopes for this plane.
But after seeing it. All I can say is...What a disappointment.

I was honestly expecting something along the lines of the Nano Talon and the XUAV Mini Talon.

90% of the GT's problems for me, is its looks.

It looks so ugly. Like a cardboard box with wings. This has got to be one of the least stylish planes I've ever seen in my years of flying. I could have made a fuselage out of balsa wood, that looked better than that

It has nice innovations as ZOHD are know for. But that's all.

I most certainly can not justify spending $320 AU on this

When zohd’s customers demand space for a GoPro 7 and fpv camera, battery room for atleast a 5200 4’s and thought out places for a flight controller, gps etc, your design abilities are limited, especially in a 1meter airplane. They did as we asked, a sexy round fuse doesn’t exactly lend optimal space for a removable wing that sits atop the fuse. Looks are in the eye of the beholder, I personally don’t think it’s ugly at all, and even if I did, I could care less, it’s gunna have fpv gear hanging over every inch of it, and the only time I’m gunna see it is when it’s sitting on the ground waiting to acquire satellites.
If you want sexy go buy a p51 mustang. If you want something that will take you 20km out and back without second though, but this thing.
Mar 20, 2019, 05:54 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motocrossman24
When zohdís customers demand space for a GoPro 7 and fpv camera, battery room for atleast a 5200 4ís and thought out places for a flight controller, gps etc, your design abilities are limited, especially in a 1meter airplane. They did as we asked, a sexy round fuse doesnít exactly lend optimal space for a removable wing that sits atop the fuse. Looks are in the eye of the beholder, I personally donít think itís ugly at all, and even if I did, I could care less, itís gunna have fpv gear hanging over every inch of it, and the only time Iím gunna see it is when itís sitting on the ground waiting to acquire satellites.
If you want sexy go buy a p51 mustang. If you want something that will take you 20km out and back without second though, but this thing.
I most certainly did not ask for a GoPro 7 holder. Nor does extreme long range interest me.

This model does have innovations. That's one of the things that I have always liked about Sonicmodel.

But it sure does seem like ZOHD designed this thing around the noisy long range FB crowd. AGAIN!

I was not after sexy. Most FPV planes have some style though..... IMO this thing is but ugly.

For you sold out guy's. It may be good enough. But i'm far from the only person who thinks its lacking, and at a high price.

How hard is it, to give it some rounded curves? The front end looks worse than the Dart XL.

She's all yours Motocrossman24
Mar 20, 2019, 06:14 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissah
I most certainly did not ask for a GoPro 7 holder. Nor does extreme long range interest me.

This model does have innovations. That's one of the things that I have always liked about Sonicmodel.

But it sure does seem like ZOHD designed this thing around the noisy long range FB crowd. AGAIN!

I was not after sexy. Most FPV planes have some style though..... IMO this thing is but ugly.

For you sold out guy's. It may be good enough. But i'm far from the only person who thinks its lacking, and at a high price.

How hard is it, to give it some rounded curves? The front end looks worse than the Dart XL.

She's all yours Motocrossman24
They did a few poles on their fb page, and asked if pilots need GoPro 7 capability, or they would sacrifice for smaller easier to manage cams, and the pole was like 300 to 20 in favor of the gopro7...when your Rcgroups thread is 4 pages long, itís easy to see why theyíre investing in the Facebook platform. Iím also thankful they are still posting and frequenting Rcgroups, as I prefer it too. But at the end of the day, Rcgroups is dead. What you discribed to me in the posts above, is that this just isnít a model for you, and thatís fine, you canít expect a company to make every model to your interests. Zohdís new line is to showcase modern long range airframes. If your not into that, your not into the new planes. Sonic modell offers plenty of ďproximityĒ style airframes, that are darn good too. Even zohd has a few that would fit the bill. Go look at any frame designed around long rage, and theyíre all ugly. Every one of them. Frankly I think zohdís last two offerings are on the more attractive end of the scale, but again, if your looking to fly line of site, your looking at the wrong company. And if your into just proximity, wrong plane, theyíve got you covered elsewhere, as does everyone else and their brother. Long range is where the $ is at these days.
Mar 20, 2019, 06:42 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motocrossman24
They did a few poles on their fb page, and asked if pilots need GoPro 7 capability, or they would sacrifice for smaller easier to manage cams, and the pole was like 300 to 20 in favor of the gopro7...when your Rcgroups thread is 4 pages long, itís easy to see why theyíre investing in the Facebook platform. Iím also thankful they are still posting and frequenting Rcgroups, as I prefer it too.
That's good if they only intend on selling 300 planes.
There are a lot more of us out here that have nothing to do with FB. I trusted in ZOHD's judgement. And this is what happen when they listened to the crowd.
It reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons. When Homers brother employed him to design a car for the average American. In doing so. Homer sent his brothers company broke.

This plane is charging like a high end prostitute that forgot to look in the mirror.

I'm honestly disappointed.....Nothing more to say. Enjoy fellas.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product ZOHD Nano Talon 860mm Wingspan ***Official Thread*** guyst FPV Aircraft 4185 Today 05:29 AM
New Product Talon MINI FPV plane--official thread FPVSTYLE FPV Aircraft 15788 Today 03:07 AM
New Product NEW ZOHD PLANE (Official): ZOHD Dart XL ďExtremeĒ SonicModell FPV Aircraft 3010 Today 02:51 AM
New Product ZOHD Nano Talon 860mm, ZOHD Orbit Wing & ZOHD Dart Sweepforward Wing 635mm D Gains FPV Aircraft 242 Aug 16, 2019 02:06 AM
Video ZOHD Nano Talon...it's also a FANTASTIC RC trainer plane with beginner gyro mode DominicM Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 2 Nov 29, 2017 03:06 PM