Oct 30, 2019, 05:07 AM
It's a hypothesis thats worth investigating but I think it's dangerous thinking to challenge the reliability of the most popular wing FCs on the market based on some loose observations.

Obviously it's a variable that I'll be exploring with the replacement set up, along with many others, but at the end of the day there's only so much testing you can do and there's an element of faith when you send a plane off on a mission where recovery is difficult/impossible. That's half the thrill of long range, right?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 30, 2019, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshagg2
It's a hypothesis thats worth investigating but I think it's dangerous thinking to challenge the reliability of the most popular wing FCs on the market based on some loose observations.

Obviously it's a variable that I'll be exploring with the replacement set up, along with many others, but at the end of the day there's only so much testing you can do and there's an element of faith when you send a plane off on a mission where recovery is difficult/impossible. That's half the thrill of long range, right?
Well dismissing up-front the fact that the FC could be to blame, because is "the most popular wing FC on the market" ... doesn't sound to good for me.

I would have not write if i would have not seen that with my own eyes ...

And just a bit of note: i don't think that there is anything capable of logging - while caught in an endless restart loop. Maybe there is, maybe those FC's are capable of logging while restarting, but i had no idea about that so i dismissed up-front searching for logs ...
From what i know, not even the "mighty" Pixhawk Cube does not log anything until it finish loading ...
If a F4xx board is capable of logging while starting-up/restarting, then that is my mistake because i have not think of that.

At the end of the day, each to its own ... but I'm not willing to risk my planes because something is "the most popular", no offense!
Oct 30, 2019, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshagg2

Even power cycling is absolutely a symptom of soldering. I had this exact scenario a few weeks back. Even though I am pretty experienced at soldering, heavy copper wire and XT60s can give issues, as can the power-lead-to-board joint (if your iron is not up to it). So when cold joints finally go bad it does exactly that and fails when you put enough current through it. That is what my plane was doing and I spotted it before launch. It is hobby grade and anything can fail, but my money is on soldering most times.

@PaunFD -- your speculation is not impossible but it is not the rational likely explanation IMHO. It seems like a classic example of confirmation bias. It is always the first answer you give. Which is fine. Each to their own. You are a better FPV pilot than I so will lean on the technology as when set up properly, it is well-proven.
Last edited by Marc Dornan; Oct 31, 2019 at 01:43 AM.
Oct 30, 2019, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaunFD
And just a bit of note: i don't think that there is anything capable of logging - while caught in an endless restart loop. Maybe there is, maybe those FC's are capable of logging while restarting, but i had no idea about that so i dismissed up-front searching for logs ...
From what i know, not even the "mighty" Pixhawk Cube does not log anything until it finish loading ...
If a F4xx board is capable of logging while starting-up/restarting, then that is my mistake because i have not think of that.
Lol I'll keep the bird within range of my swimming abilities this time, diagnosis is difficult without recovery
Oct 30, 2019, 12:15 PM
-25% discount code "BGOTC15 " for the Talon GT

TALON GT

Oct 30, 2019, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papsi

TALON GT

Thanks! The universe obviously wants me to have this plane
Oct 30, 2019, 06:36 PM
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papsi

TALON GT

It doesn't work for me, it says "This coupon only applies to specific products." Tried both warehouses.
Oct 30, 2019, 06:49 PM
The code only works in the UK warehouse.

USA Warehouse is promo price - there never works a code

Promo Price US Warehouse = UK Warehouse - Code (~140€)
Oct 30, 2019, 07:07 PM
Worked for AU warehouse. Full price listed as 447AUD, current sale price 296AUD, price with BGOTC15 code is 227AUD.

Tempted to buy 2 more at that price lol.
Oct 31, 2019, 09:29 AM
From minute 2:17 down the fall it's the Talon or the Chaser?
Oct 31, 2019, 09:30 AM
Very nice!
Oct 31, 2019, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony2k
From minute 2:17 down the fall it's the Talon or the Chaser?
That is the GT Rebel. Plane was not totally trimmed in yet and I'm flying without stabilizer. The plane can do much crisper than this I'm sure. But I only had the chance to do very few flights this season.

In general you can tell which plane is which by looking at the video quality. Great colors, better stability and high resolution is the GT Rebel using an Osmo Action with RockSteady on. The dive from 00:02:40 is the Chaser, which bumped like mad hell as it gained speed (video is stabilized with software on brutal settings). Possibly due to slop in a servo or maybe the antenna makes unfortunate turbs. Looking into it before next flight
Last edited by SuperHauk; Oct 31, 2019 at 09:52 AM.
Nov 01, 2019, 03:28 AM
Beautiful video, I love this place! Thanks for the share.
Nov 03, 2019, 01:29 PM
Sometimes it starts raining, and one has to bring his plane back ASAP, but wind just changed its direction ...
Isn't that fun?!
Talon Gt in the rain (8 min 8 sec)

Quick Reply