May 16, 2019, 12:34 PM
Thanks
to remove ads between posts
May 16, 2019, 03:31 PM
Today i managed to broke the second 8x6 with this Talon GT. I have to admit that it was my fault landing it in that rocky road ...
I hopped that those downward facing fins will keep the prop out of reach for those rocks ... which unfortunately did not.
May 17, 2019, 05:26 AM
Hello. I ve just finished mounting. I ve a question about the CG.
With a 4000mah lipo and my runcam, the CG is a little tail heavy (3mm). Have you the same result ?
Have you add piece of lead for balancing ?

Thanks.
May 17, 2019, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefasm06
Hello. I ve just finished mounting. I ve a question about the CG.
With a 4000mah lipo and my runcam, the CG is a little tail heavy (3mm). Have you the same result ?
Have you add piece of lead for balancing ?

Thanks.
Leave it as is. Good CG!
You might still need to add some up-trim elevator for level flight and under 50% throttle. If that will be the case DO NOT move your CG more than 3mm back, or plane will risk stalling.
May 17, 2019, 01:12 PM
Thanks Paun. I use to think that tail heavy is dangerous for stalling. Your flight config is 3mm back too ? Ok I will try like this
May 18, 2019, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefasm06
Thanks Paun. I use to think that tail heavy is dangerous for stalling. Your flight config is 3mm back too ? Ok I will try like this
Yes! I did config my Talon Gt 3mm tail heavy from given CG marks too, and plane seems to do not into stall. It still feels a little bit nose heavy and I need some up-trim elevator to make it fly level at 45% throttle and 8x6 prop. However that suits my flying needs.
May 18, 2019, 02:25 AM
Thanks. So I will remove lead pieces I ve installed
May 21, 2019, 08:06 AM
This topic kind of died or something ...

To animate it a bit, here is a part of a daily 20km routine flight. Actually i intended only 18km, but because flight-time was good, i chose to push it another 2km ... to round the number.
Talon Gt on part of a 20km range flight (15 min 35 sec)

Nothing fancy, no adrenaline, just ... boring FPV LR flight!
May 21, 2019, 09:44 AM
You not gonna believe this:
On this landing, plane run into a rock and finally it manage to remove the wooden plate with those down-facing tail fins.

OMG, OMG, OMG ... such a disasters, Armageddon will start because of that, the asteroid that wiped out dinosaurs comes again to wipe out the mankind ... because of that ...
The ozone layer hole got enlarged, earth temperature raised 10 more degrees and the ice at the North-pole melted so the ocean levels rise-up ...

Luckily the wooden plane detached clean from the fuselage, and the down-facing fins survived barely touched, and few drops of CA glue helped to re-attach the ensemble back to its place. In this way, i avoided Armageddon ... or something.
The mankind still exists ...

Video will be uploaded at this location in about 45 minutes:
Talon GT landing an hiting a rock (15 min 34 sec)

So far, those rocks on that field claimed 2 props on the Talon Gt, and cracked the landing skids of my Dart XLE, and even broke the plastic protection of the left wing ...
Unfortunately i cannot steer away from the rocks while plane is sliding on the ground, and i can see some of them - but the darker ones are hard to spot while searching for a place to land.
Yet, nothing that cannot be fixed in less than 10 minutes.
May 21, 2019, 11:33 AM
May 28, 2019, 09:52 PM
The Talon GT is now in stock in the USA at GetFPV!! https://www.getfpv.com/zohd-talon-gt...craft-pnp.html

Orders ship the same day, and we carry the whole ZOHD line now as well. Enjoy! https://www.getfpv.com/planes/fpv-planes.html
May 29, 2019, 01:45 AM
I review RC Products
Sweet!
Jun 05, 2019, 04:28 AM
Thread OP
The fantastic ZOHD Talon GT (3 min 28 sec)
Jun 05, 2019, 02:23 PM
Great area for flying! And great flying, of course!
Jun 07, 2019, 06:50 AM
As usual, if have not posted anything, that does not mean that i have not flying.
Here is the part of another routine flight with Talon GT, but this time range was 23km. I did not uploaded to YT the entire 62 minutes of flight because i'm 100% sure that not many people have 62 minutes free to ... watch my boring, uneventful flight.
Talon GT Another routine 23km range flight. (part of that flight) (15 min 35 sec)

Quick Reply