This thread is privately moderated by VicT, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 05, 2019, 10:11 PM
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

Program for Aerostar 60 amp RVS ESC for Turbo Timber

The 60 amp Aerostar has advantages over the stock Turbo Timber Eflite 50 amp ESC:
1. With an extra channel you can reverse the rotation of the motor/prop for reverse thrust during surface operations.
2. The brake can be programmed on to stop the prop from windmilling. This reduces drag but also allows the ESC to go into reverse. I have not been able to turn the brake on for the stock Eflite 50 amp ESC
3. The ESC is rated for 60 amps which might be needed for 4S and larger props

The Aerostar has two leads. The 3 wire lead gets plugged into the throttle channel 1 for the AR636 that came with my Turbo Timber (TT). The second lead gets plugged into channel 5 (gear channel) and switch C is programmed to say “Forward thrust” for position C0 and 1 and “Reverse Thrust” for position C2. I use F0,1,2 for low to high rates and expo. The flaps are on channel 6 (Aux 1) and SAFE Self Level is on Aux 2 or channel 6. Using the Digital Switch Setup I have programmed position B0 and 1 as Self Level On and B2 as Off. Switch C0 and C1 are programmed for forward thrust and C2 as reverse thrust. I have not programmed in any Flight Modes but may after a few test and trim flights.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply