Mar 05, 2019, 02:47 PM
Thread OP
Contest

OVSS #2 Cincinnati Aeromodelers ALES 2 Day May 18, 19

All, I'm pleased to announce a two day ALES competition at the Cincinnati Aeromodelers Field May 18 and 19. On field camping is encouraged, local motels nearby. On field electric and porta-potties. Covered shelter and enclosed hanger, see: https://sites.google.com/site/cincinnatiaeromodelers/

AMA event #463 ALES, seeded man-on-man format. 5 meter ALES short tape, 50 points max, -5 points every 1/2 meter.
150 meter launch height, 10 minute task time. Varios and skegs permitted per AMA rules.
All other AMA event #463 rules apply.

This contest is part of the Ohio Valley Soaring Series. See: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...19-OVSS-Series.
All are encouraged to attend. We hold a low key friendly contest and are happy to help anyone new to competition soaring.

Lunch will be provided both days. $20 per day fee includes lunch. Best guess for weather will be posted here as the date nears. Pre-registration not required but encouraged. Please let us know if you plan on coming to help us plan food.

PM any questions; I'll be the CD.
Last edited by Barry Andersen; May 13, 2019 at 11:27 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 22, 2019, 06:57 AM
Thread OP
FYI

The weekend is two separate one day contests. Awards through 3rd both days.

Hope to see you there
May 01, 2019, 09:03 PM
Got my room booked for the weekend Barry. Now we just have to light a candle and pray the road to the field doesn't flood again.

Gilbert
May 02, 2019, 12:34 AM
Balsa dust maker
I'll be there Saturday
May 11, 2019, 06:32 PM
Barry,
What time is the pilots meeting.

Gilbert
May 12, 2019, 06:15 PM

Ovss2

Hope to be there both days
Ah
BSS Lexington or what's left of it
May 12, 2019, 08:13 PM

Ovss 2

Planning on both days. Marc
May 13, 2019, 11:26 AM
Thread OP

Update information

Looking forward to our weekend contest. The field is in good shape. The club entry road is in it's usual bumpy state but not flooded.

The weather guessers have a wonderful Saturday forecast, 80 degrees with light winds. Sunday looks good too with a chance of late rain. Of course you all know about weather in the midwest. Check for weather in Harrison Ohio.

Pilots meeting is 9 am, awards through 5th both days. Two one day contests, your best day will be scored for OVSS.

Charge'em up
Last edited by Barry Andersen; May 13, 2019 at 12:20 PM.
May 15, 2019, 08:12 PM
How many? One more!
Replied without logging in, so sorry if doubled.

I'm planning on both days if there is room to park a 20' camping trailer someplace that won't let it sink into the mud.

JD Filkins
May 16, 2019, 07:28 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacknor
Replied without logging in, so sorry if doubled.

I'm planning on both days if there is room to park a 20' camping trailer someplace that won't let it sink into the mud.

JD Filkins
There is space on our club field. I'll double check about the entrance road and making the turn in. I'll let you know later today. Thanks for your interest.

* I heard you received a reply from another club member. Should be OK. They are working on smoothing out the entry road now. Hope to see you this weekend.
Last edited by Barry Andersen; May 16, 2019 at 10:48 AM.
Yesterday, 04:15 PM
Thread OP

Sunday cancelled

Due to strong winds and the chance of thunderstorms, we are cancelling the contest for Sunday.

A quote from "weather.gov" 18 to 23 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 47 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Sounds like no fun.

Good contest today. Light winds and light lift in the morning, winds picked up in the afternoon, with choppy air and more than ample sink. A good time had by all and 6 rounds flown. 16 contestants. Chili dog three ways as a Cincinnati tradition were a hit.

Thanks to all that came and participated, and club members that made the event happen.

Keep 'em flying.

Barry
Today, 07:22 AM
Thread OP

Saturday Scores

Here they are. Beautiful weather in the morning. Afternoon winds picked up, lots of choppy air with sink. Amazing number of short flights.

Fun event, good chili dogs. No broken sailplanes, a few mechanical/electrical problems.

Quick Reply