FlyDragon Fire Fighting Drone

Here's a neat take on a practical drone that can be used to aid fire fighters. The FlyDragon Fire Fighting Drone can be outfitted with everything from 30X optical zoom camera, infrared imaging, glass breaking projectiles and even extinguishing powder.

Splash

Commercial Drone for Fighting Fires

Here's a neat take on a practical drone that can be used to aid fire fighters. Drones can reach upper level floors on hi rise buildings faster and begin suppression efforts quickly which could lead to lives saved. The FlyDragon Fire Fighting Drone can be outfitted with everything from 30X optical zoom camera, infrared imaging, glass breaking projectiles and even extinguishing powder.

We might be a ways off from having one on every truck, but the proof of concept is here and it looks to work well in the right conditions. Heck, one day we might have autonomous drones called into action as soon as a fire is reported. They wouldn't have to deal with traffic and could get in and help assess the situation and begin efforts before manned crews even arrive.

Learn more about the FlyDragon Fire Fighting Drone Here

Mar 06, 2019, 12:57 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
When will the Chinese figure out that names that sound good in Chinese sound comically Chinese in English? Even if the product is super high quality and works extremely well, calling it "FlyDragon" isn't a whole lot better than naming it "SlowBoat" or "JunkGarbage" after you account for the general American stigma against Chinese products bearing Chinese-sounding names.

Beyond that, the device in the video looks like an incredibly clunky solution to a problem that requires a fairly decisive solution - namely, putting out a fire. If I'm ever trapped in a burning high rise and all of the existing internal fire suppression systems have failed, I hope there's a better solution available than a drone that ambles up to a window, torpedos it with a bath bomb, and then meanders straight back to the ground as if it's accomplished something.
Latest blog entry: Jeti ESC resto-mod
Mar 06, 2019, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piece
If I'm ever trapped in a burning high rise and all of the existing internal fire suppression systems have failed, I hope there's a better solution available than a drone that ambles up to a window, torpedos it with a bath bomb, and then meanders straight back to the ground as if it's accomplished something.
I guess you missed it unloading dry powder into the room then?
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Mar 06, 2019, 03:02 PM
ffkiwi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piece
When will the Chinese figure out that names that sound good in Chinese sound comically Chinese in English? Even if the product is super high quality and works extremely well, calling it "FlyDragon" isn't a whole lot better than naming it "SlowBoat" or "JunkGarbage" after you account for the general American stigma against Chinese products bearing Chinese-sounding names.

Beyond that, the device in the video looks like an incredibly clunky solution to a problem that requires a fairly decisive solution - namely, putting out a fire. If I'm ever trapped in a burning high rise and all of the existing internal fire suppression systems have failed, I hope there's a better solution available than a drone that ambles up to a window, torpedos it with a bath bomb, and then meanders straight back to the ground as if it's accomplished something.
...and apparently oblivious to the irony that dragons are better known for starting fires rather than extinguishing them..........!

ffkiwi
Mar 06, 2019, 07:43 PM
Regardless of how comical the name sounds to us, as someone who has had two cousins die performing their duties as fire fighters I am all for any and all technology that can respond faster, and get to the source of the fire and if not able to extinguish it, at the very least slow it down and maybe even more importantly assess it and determine if there are victims who could be unconscious or unable to respond so that a firefighter doesn't have to go in and risk their own lives searching for a victim who isn't there.
Mar 16, 2019, 07:16 AM
lurking in the HOLE :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_crash
Regardless of how comical the name sounds to us, as someone who has had two cousins die performing their duties as fire fighters I am all for any and all technology that can respond faster, and get to the source of the fire and if not able to extinguish it, at the very least slow it down and maybe even more importantly assess it and determine if there are victims who could be unconscious or unable to respond so that a firefighter doesn't have to go in and risk their own lives searching for a victim who isn't there.
+1 and my condolences for your losses.

Quick Reply