Mar 12, 2002, 04:47 AM
Thread OP

9/11 bio

As I watched the 9/11 bio on CBS sunday I could not help but think of our muslim and palestinian friends dancing in the streets.
Now please, to all the highminded bleeding hearts out there, how should I feel about that?
Mar 12, 2002, 05:39 AM
Jeeze, I don't know Mag, I need to have a think, hang on I'LL JUST TURN THE STEREO DOWN AND STOP THE 9/11 CELEBRATION PARTY WE BLEEDING HEARTS ARE HAVING HERE... ok, LETS TRY THIS THEN...QUIET....goood..... OK Mag,how about.. " Happy to see people enjoying themselves !!!!," Or "Wow Look at a happy community bonding together" there you are, Mag, you sly dog you, you cunningly laid the bait and some silly little lefty scumbag bleeding heart bit............. happy now? . I bet the network is.

Perhaps you feel as sad as I do that the differences in this world have bought us to this pass rather than our similarities. In the end, mans greatest crime and his most redeeming feature is to be human and to suffer for all that being human entails. It's going to get to a point where manipulated patriotism will wear thin on all sides and perhaps our common humanity can prevail, but there's more suffering to go through yet. It's a shame really, shame.
hugh

be nice to each other lifes too short

Gotta go now and watch Mr Mootsies favourite fairy tale, West Wing, bye, back later
Mar 12, 2002, 06:00 AM
Mr Mootsie
Quote:
Originally posted by Oneson1
Gotta go now and watch Mr Mootsies favourite fairy tale, West Wing, bye, back later
Hate the politics, but LOVE the show! well written...it is for intelligent people, but I still try to understand it.

tim
Mar 12, 2002, 06:58 AM
Now Tim, I know what's what, and I'm seriously looking for an out clause here, but damn it!!!.... Beautifully written and performed, morally centered and dramatically satisfying. Tv Drama at it's best.

hugh
TV Producer/Director and all around media Pundit!
Mar 12, 2002, 07:16 AM
Mr Mootsie
Hugh, I think that is just about accurate. It is the only show I watch on a regular basis....AND....they have that Republican hottie, Ainsley Hayes.
Mar 12, 2002, 07:55 AM
Now Tim, I know what's what, and I'm seriously looking for an out clause here, but damn it!!!.... Beautifully written and performed, morally centered and dramatically satisfying. Tv Drama at it's best.

hugh
TV Producer/Director and all around media Pundit!
Mar 12, 2002, 08:47 AM
Thread OP
I guess I've been manipulated into feeling upset about what happened. And why not paint a broader stroke and call me a misguided patriot while your at it.
All I know is that in my whole life I have never caused anyone serious grief let alone murdered and maimed anyone, and yet now I am supposed to come down to there level and "understand" their pain. No pain in this world could cause me to do what they did, and thats were your utopian world idea misses. Theres a difference between the kind of person I am and the kind of people they are, and its big enough that we will never get along, thats human nature.
But then again you probably have an answear for everything.
Mar 12, 2002, 10:07 AM
Does anyone else think West Wing has not been as good this season since its creator, Aaron Sorkin, got busted on drug charges and probably had all his mushrooms taken away from him? Just doesn't seem to have the edge it did before. I mean, the whole segment on the censure of Bartlett by the Senate ended up being an anti-climax ho-hum nothing.
Mar 12, 2002, 11:24 AM

Flux, I could catalog many times in your lifetime where

your tax dollars have maimed and killed. Not always the bad guys. There are many people in this world who have lost thousands. Nicaragua is a good example. Death squads trained at the school of the america's. Terrorist training comic books dropped by uncle sam in south america. THere are legitimate reasons for others to have a beef with our foreign policy. We have to seem like there is a forum for them to speak or this is their bullhorn.
Mar 12, 2002, 12:44 PM
Human Like You
I watched 9/11 and I had the same horrible feelings, the same tears in my eyes, the same why that I had the many first times I saw the searching eyes and the broken hearts of many of my fellow Americans.

Pretty similar actually to the crying, the wondering why and the horrible feelings that have been going on in Israel on both sides for seemingly endless years now.

I'm not saying I support or understand Palestinians who would celebrate our pain, I'm saying there are plenty of us not compassionate enough as well, that would celebrate the pain of maybe...Iraqis, Afghans, Somalis or Iranians, that toasted our friends with cold beer when we heard bombs were falling 1/2 way around the world. That's just as disgusting.

But they deserve it, right? They do evil and we do only good.

Unfortunately, good and evil really aren't that simple, more based in subjectivity than actual event.

How would you feel about the US supporting Israel (even having a hand in founding the state originally) and supplying arms that kill your countrymen, if you were a Palestinian? I'm not casting Palestinians as the only victims in the conflict, just saying that those who view themselves as victims are capable of tremendous violence and lack of compassion for others.

Oh and Ainsley nearly has me supporting school vouchers, Fortune 1000 tax breaks and throwing a weekly "status quo" party. We're going to name our first child Freemarket.
Mar 12, 2002, 01:08 PM
Mr Mootsie
Quote:
Originally posted by NewbieX
Oh and Ainsley nearly has me supporting school vouchers, Fortune 1000 tax breaks and throwing a weekly "status quo" party. We're going to name our first child Freemarket.
pretty funny stuff for a liberal.
Mar 12, 2002, 11:43 PM
Hey Mag, It's not like I wasn't appaled by what happened and the loss of life and the base level horror of the outcome of the 9/11 attacks, but newbie is right, it's not the first time I'd seen those faces. You are not alone in feeling as you do,and frankly looking for someone to blame I'snt wrong as well, but ,it's not only Americans who suffer the way you do. And many more people are going to suffer before the politicians in the world blow themselves out and find other "big issues" to distract us all from the true state of our current economies and societies.

hugh
be nice to each other, life's too short.

Ainsley !!! ohhh dear, she could play Hitler and I'll be Poland.
Mar 14, 2002, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrMootsie

pretty funny stuff for a liberal.

Yeah Mr. Mootsie,

Just goes to prove how easily a Libreal can be influnced
Mar 14, 2002, 06:27 PM
Human Like You
Quote:
Originally posted by Americanwolf

Yeah Mr. Mootsie,

Just goes to prove how easily a Libreal can be influnced
No Comment. Speaks for itself.
Mar 15, 2002, 08:13 AM
Mr Mootsie
Newbie....stop....you're killing me....really!

Quick Reply