Mar 03, 2019, 09:10 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Nano Won't Stay Bound

I have a new X10S transmitter with the XPS/JR module that was bought new directly from XPS about a month ago or so.
I'm working with a Nano that I flashed to the newest firmware.

The module binds just fine to the Nano and operates everything, but after it's all turned off and back on again, the bind has to be done all over again.

I don't think this is normal, so does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should try?

Edit: I'm running OpenTX 2.2.3
to remove ads between posts
Mar 03, 2019, 10:03 PM
Binding is once and forever. There are only two exceptions.:
  1. The number of channels is changed in the transmitter, which then requires re-binding.
  2. The receiver had power plugged into it backwards, which kills the EEPROM data and damages the regulator.

It doesn't matter what transmitter module is being used.

Feel the Nano receiver (opposite side of the LED) to see if it's hot. If so, the regulator was destroyed and the Nano needs to be repaired/replaced.

When you power up the transmitter and receiver, what happens? Do you happen to have some other aircraft powered up? That would do the same thing.
Mar 04, 2019, 06:58 AM
Thread OP
When you say "number of channels changed in the transmitter"...
Using OpenTX, I created a dummy Channel 32 for use in programming mixes. Could that be it?

My TX setting for the XPS/JR module is XJT, D16, and I don't mess with that setting at all.

I'm reasonably sure that I haven't powered the Nano wrong at any time, but I'll check to see if the Nano's hot as you suggested.

I'll look at that later this afternoon.
Mar 04, 2019, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeline
When you say "number of channels changed in the transmitter"...
Using OpenTX, I created a dummy Channel 32 for use in programming mixes. Could that be it?

My TX setting for the XPS/JR module is XJT, D16, and I don't mess with that setting at all.

I'm reasonably sure that I haven't powered the Nano wrong at any time, but I'll check to see if the Nano's hot as you suggested.

I'll look at that later this afternoon.

With XJT D16 protocol there is only 16 channels available. I am not sure what would happen if you try making a channel higher than 16.

Quick Reply