Mar 03, 2019, 08:54 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
New Product

ZD Racing SC-10 1/10 4WD RTR Brushless Short Course Truck

The new ZD Racing SC-10 1/10 4WD RTR RC Short Course Truck is now available to order at Gearbest for $159.99 Like some of the other offerings from ZD Racing the truck is pretty well equipped right out of the box.

Main Features
● 45A waterproof electronic speed controller
● 3300KV, 3650 brushless motor, high torque
● Adjustable oil pressure shock absorber
● Large diameter wheels, rubber tire skin, conquer any terrain
● Remote control distance: 30m
● Battery information:
Car: 2400mAh 7.4V lithium-ion battery ( built-in )
Remote control: 2 x AA battery ( not included )

Last edited by fastmax; Mar 03, 2019 at 09:40 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 03, 2019, 02:46 PM
Have you seen my LVC?
30m range on the remote? Hopefully it is a slow truck...
Mar 03, 2019, 05:59 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Lol! Yeah, that range has popped up in a few ZD Racing descriptions in the past. Actual range far exceeds that. The newest system is a re-labeled Flysky.
Mar 04, 2019, 09:56 AM
Did I make the A Main?
What is the wheelbase and track width?
Does it use standard 12mm hexes?
What is the offset of the wheels, i.e. are they compatible with TRX or Losi wheels?
Is this a completely new design or is it based on another platform. i.e. are parts shared with another class they make?
Where can you buy spare parts?
I did a quick search for parts on the link you provided and I couldn't find any arms, shafts nor spindles, etc...

If this truck fits ROAR specs, then I would like to include it my evaluation here:
Which 1/10 4WD SCT is best?

This offering appears to be in line with the Force RC Warhawk based on my first impressions.
Mar 04, 2019, 10:18 AM
Did I make the A Main?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmax View Post
lkid=19931376

Will you please explain what "lkid" value is used for in your product link?

It's been a few years since I have promoted for Banggood, but they used to give me a product placement code similar to this which would generate account rewards for me. I would make it a point to only use these product placement links for only products that I have personally tested. Can you confirm that you have purchased this product yourself and have evaluated everything to help answer questions on the product you are promoting for personal gain?

I fully support these types of promotional gimmicks, but only if the promoter actually owns the product and can help answer questions about it, otherwise I begin to question the promoters integrity of the product placement and that degrades the value of the promotion because it leaves potential buyers with frustration of the brand.
Mar 05, 2019, 12:55 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
It is part of my affiliate code. I have not reviewed this particular truck yet, but I probably will in the next month or so. I have reviewed the LRP buggy that this truck is built on, and, the ZD Racing Stadium Truck.

Other than wheels, tires, bumpers, and body, they share the same components, so I feel safe in saying that for the price they are decent trucks.
Mar 05, 2019, 12:59 PM
The stadium truck caught my attention when it was released.
Mar 05, 2019, 01:02 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
The ST was actually my favorite of the ZD Racing rigs that I have reviewed so far. I even liked it better than the 1/8 buggy.
Mar 05, 2019, 01:39 PM
Did I make the A Main?
Quote:
It is part of my affiliate code. I have not reviewed this particular truck yet, but I probably will in the next month or so. I have reviewed the LRP buggy that this truck is built on, and, the ZD Racing Stadium Truck.

Other than wheels, tires, bumpers, and body, they share the same components, so I feel safe in saying that for the price they are decent trucks.

Thanks for the honesty, I look forward to hearing more about this platform when you get it!

Quote:
The ST was actually my favorite of the ZD Racing rigs that I have reviewed so far. I even liked it better than the 1/8 buggy.

Curious if you can elaborate more on why the ST was better for you?

I used to own the ZRE-1 many years ago, the electronics that came with it were very poor quality, servo was painfully slow, LiPo failed within a handful of uses, ESC burned up shortly after, motor was also severely undersized. After replacing the electronics with proper 1/8 grade electronics, then I started having drive line problems with thrown pins and bent shafts, etc... that's when I realized they were using 1/10 quality components on a 1/8 buggy. That's when I decided to replace all the broken parts and cut my losses and sold it for nearly what I paid to replace all the broken parts... hard lesson learned there

I have to wonder if the ST held up better if they were using the same 1/10 quality parts but only using a 1/10 grade power system, i.e. 540 sized motor?

I have been turned off from ZD Racing as a whole, but open to hearing if they do offer some quality options, my concern with the SC-10 is that it may not hold up to standard 4WD SCT electronics with a 550 sized motor.

If this truck turns out to be another Turnigy Trooper, then I think that would be a great option to consider, provided parts support is there. I know EMP Hobby carries ZD Racing parts in the US, but I recall many complaints about parts going on back order for months on end, are there any other sources for parts?
Last edited by bill_delong; Mar 05, 2019 at 02:00 PM.
Mar 07, 2019, 12:03 AM
This looks like an excellent bang for the buck truck!

It will be interesting to see the reviews on it for sure. If it performs even decently it will sell very well. SCT seem to be very popular still.
Latest blog entry: Life Updates :)
Mar 11, 2019, 05:14 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Bill, I remember seeing your posts about those buggies when you had them. The 1/8 buggy I had was a newer updated version with much better electronics, and a couple other updates. If worked too hard though they would still suffer from some drive line failures. on 3S they held up pretty good, but as soon as you started running 4s, the weaknesses all started showing.

They are several versions newer than that even now, and in the ZD Racing group that I run on FB the guys that own the newest buggy, and the new V3 truggy are very happy with them. I don't know if I'll get a chance to try any of those out or not, but I wouldn't mind giving the truggy a go.

The ST that I had was just a good running little truck right out of the box. I ran it on 2s regularly, and a couple times on 3s and it never gave me any problems. It handled well, and the shocks were quite smooth for plastic bodies. The plastics all seemed well made, and even with a few high speed run ins with the curbs in front of my house, I never broke anything.
Apr 28, 2019, 02:47 PM
Delicious important!
Any news yet? Strange thing is that ZD doesn't have this model on their website. Only shop that sells it is Gearbest it seems. I think parts availability will be the problem here.

Quick Reply