May 17, 2019, 11:51 AM
@MegaTesla: totally agree
@estho: thanks for hints
to remove ads between posts
May 17, 2019, 01:05 PM

My gondola made from pvc

My 3d printer is out of action decided to use PVC and coat hanger wire to make this gondola. I need to sort out the servo's and arms.
Last edited by rocketstrong; May 20, 2019 at 08:13 AM.
May 17, 2019, 02:11 PM
Restricted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegruc
Thanks Stephan!
Bye Peter
PS: something new with your Charybdis? Idea how implement position controlling?
Nothing new- still lacking skills.
May 18, 2019, 07:09 AM
scale microlights
Looking good rocketstrong

I made mine out of aluminium, 2mm thick for the servo tray and about 6mm thick for the bit that the motor etc mount to.
Good thing about these paramotors is abit of weight is beneficial up to a point especially in wind
Its always better to put the weight into bigger mah batteries for more run time and bigger amp esc (to keep it cool being inclosed) than it is to make a heavier frame or adding ballast as thats just dead weight.
Im running two 3s 2200mah lipos in parallel at the moment and seems a good weight when its not too windy.
2x Hitec hs645mg servos for steering
a 40 amp overlander esc which gets abit hot for my liking as its mounted in the harness so no airflow, ill swap this out for a 60 or 80 amp soon to keep temps down.
Id ordered an overlander 3536/6 motor but before it came i found a turnigy motor of the same size in my spares box so stuck that on for the first test.
These motors with the hacker cage and a 10x5 apc prop meant i had to space the motor out at least 15mm so the prop cleared the cage.

The batteries just sit in the bottom of the harness with a chunk of foam above to protect them from the frame incase of a bump, works great and super easy to swap out.

Hope this helps anyone that wondering what electrics to use

Mark
May 19, 2019, 09:22 AM
Here's my 3d printed cart. Haven't flown it yet. The next version (if I need it) will move the hanger rod back toward the prop ring some, and shorten the hangers some. The hanger rod is a piece of 12 mm dia carbon tube.

The base and hangers are my designs, the prop ring is from this link at thingiverse:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2554955

The servo mount, esc mount, and servo arms are from the Simple Cart plans I found online. I can't find the link at the moment but will edit this post with it when I find it.

Here's a few pictures of it assembled (no Rx in these photos). I've also included the STL files (both mine and the one from the Simple Cart), and the design files for OpenScad.
May 19, 2019, 11:57 AM
Bonsoir,
Mon chariot construit avec des élément de l'atelier, 1470 kg avec accus 4s 5000mh moteur 1000 kv hélice 12/8
Pas encore voler.
May 19, 2019, 06:51 PM
Restricted User
Yanne,
interested in your propcage. Any infos/source?
thx
rgds
Stephan
May 25, 2019, 10:49 AM
My complements to all those that had a successful flight, this is more complicated that I spected, is more difficult that build a uav. I manage to destroy my first 3 D printed gondola, going for the second. LOL
May 25, 2019, 05:19 PM
scale microlights
Another video showing just how slow and stable these things fly,
Still having lots of fun with them
flight after the Rain (8 min 26 sec)

Mark
May 25, 2019, 08:44 PM

Hobbyking Trike

Its coming soon....

https://www.facebook.com/HobbyKing/v...9693342903556/
May 26, 2019, 11:23 AM
R/C Air Adventures
I'm glad to see a lot of people are enjoying this wing! It's been a long time working with HK to actually get it released, and the PNF kit should be out any day - some videos for you for assembly and flight. Enjoy!

Unbox and assembly:
HobbyKing Paramotor Unbox and Assembly (36 min 33 sec)

Setup:
HobbyKing paramotor setup (26 min 28 sec)

First Flights:
Hobbyking Paramotor First Flights! (12 min 18 sec)

As always, enjoy and HAVE FUN!
May 26, 2019, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmason42
I'm glad to see a lot of people are enjoying this wing! It's been a long time working with HK to actually get it released, and the PNF kit should be out any day - some videos for you for assembly and flight. Enjoy!

Unbox and assembly: https://youtu.be/GqNa3J8IucI

Setup: https://youtu.be/d1xYHHhl_tE

First Flights: https://youtu.be/MGFXYs6RJhg

As always, enjoy and HAVE FUN!
Thanks for videos! they are going to help me a lot.
May 26, 2019, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmason42
Thanks for all your work ksmason42, not only for such a great design but sharing its development and great build video's. You've brought not only an affordable RC PPG to the masses but such a simple one to use......I have to stop purchasing them now (8) until the trike is ready

PS: Hope to see a bright color one (green or orange etc) and also a BIG version and micro version
May 26, 2019, 07:12 PM
R/C Air Adventures
Paradude - thanks for the kudos! It's really gratifying to see so many enjoying these.

I do have plans to get them to do a BIG version (my Vindaloo wing or larger) - and the micro version has been in the works for a bit here in my shop. The little one is a tough nut to crack, but I'm almost there . I think the very next thing might be a scale cart, something much more realistic.

Keep flying and having a great time, and don't forget to post your pics and video!

Thanks,

James
May 26, 2019, 08:25 PM
Spearheading an Alliance
Pure Awesomeness.

Been waiting so long for this.

I"ll be checking the HK website every five minutes now waiting for them to hit the warehouse!

Been buying up tents at the thrift store to sew up a wing( your lutefisk)..........but as much as I still would like to go that route someday........This should scratch the paramotor itch for a while.

Big Salute to you James for all your time, effort and energy with the ideas you share with us and the videos covering all the details.

It will be nice to finally have some closure on the lackluster disappointment of the original HK wing.

BTW: What batteries should I be looking for to go along with this? I thought I heard you say that 4.5 mAh battery in your set up video was a 3s....is that ideal or just what you had on hand for the video?

Thanks,

~BG~

Seems like most guys here are into Paramotors, curious if anyone else has an interest in Paragliders? Was about to pull the trigger on Pilot Ben from Opale via Esprit model but now that this release is imminent, I"m going to hold off a bit.
Last edited by BravoGolf; May 26, 2019 at 08:31 PM.

Quick Reply