Apr 12, 2019, 04:29 AM
IKNOWNOTHING
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradude
Ive just flown 2.2kg with no adjustment to risers and handles 20kmh winds well, sink rate is fairly quick so 1kg - 2kg. The more weight the less it collapses at ends, I have not changed anything apart from adjusting brakes until they just drag and this seems to help. They handle weight well, put some more on and try again
Thanks for the info! I did manage to get it to fly in the end during the week after adding weight helped massively im at 1.8kg at the moment, I never knew these small wings could carry so much! I'm also surprised a £20 wing can do powered loops and rolls!

That said the wing is very docile when not under power and can barely spiral dive/wing over without power, is this just the nature of these wings? or again will more weight help? My servo arms are around 10cm long which I thought was overkill but only using 90 degree servos and wondering if i should upgrade to 180 degree

Thanks again!
Last edited by estho; Apr 12, 2019 at 04:37 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 12, 2019, 06:47 AM
I only use the HXT12 Metal Gear servos, they are 60 degree and I also have arms about 100mm. The reason being is the longer the arm the less strength it has that far out, HXT12 are 11kg at 10mm so have plenty at 100mm......perhaps your servo's are not strong enough ? just throwing ideas around. (the only reason I use them so long is it gives broader adjustment for brakes)
Apr 13, 2019, 05:22 PM
Spearheading an Alliance
Ok, just stumbled across this thread.

I received mine in the mail this morning and eager to get this flying after never flown my original HK wing.

Any particular (successful) motor and prop combos for this new version?

I've printed Tom Stantons design and may start with that.....but looking for other ideas as well.

I'll likely be flying with some 3300 3s batteries I have on hand.

Also looking to take a stab at building new bridle/cascades for my original and possibly this one in time. Going to work with it as is for now. But any solid recommendations on what I should be using for line?

I've done a little research and follow RC air adventures on youtube.

Anyone have a particular source they prefer? I've been looking at various braided fishing lines in the 40-60 lb test range. But don't want to reinvent the wheel if there is a good go to solution.

Thank. Looking forward to seeing this thread grow.

~BG~
Apr 14, 2019, 12:42 AM
IKNOWNOTHING
Quote:
I only use the HXT12 Metal Gear servos, they are 60 degree and I also have arms about 100mm. The reason being is the longer the arm the less strength it has that far out, HXT12 are 11kg at 10mm so have plenty at 100mm......perhaps your servo's are not strong enough ? just throwing ideas around. (the only reason I use them so long is it gives broader adjustment for brakes)
I think you may have been right! after doing some low flybys I could hear the servos clicking and jittering under full brake pressure so I upgrade to some 62g 15kg-cm all metal servos instead and feels much much better and controllable now.. the first servos where very old plastic geared ones so may have just been damaged..

Do you have any recommendations for hang point width?

I'm not sure how to calculate the optimum width the prevent riser twist, im flying with a 10" propeller at 1.8kg and risers 11cm apart, but wondering if that's too narrow now. I haven't had any twists during normal flight but with more aggressive flying sometimes it gets a bit hairy maybe its just me not flying smooth enough?

Thanks again!
Apr 14, 2019, 01:39 AM
All my paramotors are 175mm.....I have no science or reason for this it just seemed right at the time but I don't have any twist/torque problems. I prefer my cg on trikes etc very slight nose down.
Apr 14, 2019, 12:38 PM
IKNOWNOTHING
Quote:
All my paramotors are 175mm.....I have no science or reason for this it just seemed right at the time but I don't have any twist/torque problems. I prefer my cg on trikes etc very slight nose down.
Thanks i'll experiment with some different widths!
Apr 18, 2019, 04:30 PM
IKNOWNOTHING
been to windy to fly the past couple of days but had been doing some searching online and noticed opale sells servo mixers to allow for more servo movement?

They are around $20 or so and am wondering if these mixers already exist on the market under a different name/usage but for less money?

Does a v-tail mixer do the same thing?

If anyone knows if such thing exists or they are only made for paramotors I would love to know!

Cheers
Apr 24, 2019, 12:29 AM
Thread OP
032 (1 min 11 sec)

whats the problem? any help? the frontal always collapses
Apr 24, 2019, 09:23 AM
Electronics and RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbro3760

whats the problem? any help? the frontal always collapses

You need to fly it. Pulling it in the turbulent air in the street like that is not going to tell you much.
Apr 24, 2019, 11:22 AM
RC Paraglider / Sailplanes
Hi,
If you want to test the wing you need to space the risers according to the manufacturer. In the video you are holding everything together in one hand.

Put the risers on a rod, separate them 10-15cm apart and then try the wing.
Apr 24, 2019, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by estho
... had been doing some searching online and noticed opale sells servo mixers to allow for more servo movement?
Does a v-tail mixer do the same thing?
If anyone knows if such thing exists or they are only made for paramotors I would love to know!
You can’t use v-tail mixers, you need the full servo movement. I’ve configured a mixer in my Jeti DC-24 transmitter. If you can program your transmitter accordingly, you do not need any additional mixer at all!
Hacker Motors sells specific para mixers as well: https://hacker-motor.com/daten/anlei...nual%20D-E.pdf
Apr 24, 2019, 05:19 PM
RC Paraglider / Sailplanes
Just follow this video. It shows how to setup a Deltawing with your radio. This will give you the correct movement. You can then adjust for full throw as needed. On the video he adjusts 50%. Instead adjust it at 0%, the other at 100%. Then do the opposite for the other wing/arm.

You will have one arm that descends but the other will not move. Do this for left and right. This will permit you to turn your wing.

Elevator = depends on what you want but usually it's 100% in one direction only - that will give you both arms that go down to Brake the wing. Remove the upper if not needed.

FlySky i6 6 Channel Transmitter Programming Setup (8 min 25 sec)
Apr 26, 2019, 12:42 AM
IKNOWNOTHING
I got it sorted now I didn't realise my end points were set really low limiting movement!

Now this £25 wing has really impressed me after doing helicos, sats, stalls and even managed to do an accidental infinity tumble lol! if its possible to actually learn them that would be insane! Its almost seemed a bit too sensitive now and may have to dial it back a bit

I widened my hang points to around 150mm which has massively improved the gondolas twist stability and even after some rough collapses it hasn't twisted once yet.

Heres my rig if anyone's interested..

1.7kg auw
6s 6600mah ( I already had these and needed to make use of them, I limit throttle to 75% )
racerstar 3536 1200kv motor
racerstar 6s 80a esc
1060 twinblade prop
62g MG99R digital 180 deg servos

Has lot of power but can also fly for 45 mins to an hour maybe more if continuously cruising but I'm often climbing as fast as possible and coming down 10x faster haha

Might experiment with a speedbar setup soon for fun and definitely gotta put fpv and gopro attachment on it!
Apr 27, 2019, 03:37 AM

finally some good weather

Hobbyking 2.4m Paramotor Sail (1 min 49 sec)
Apr 27, 2019, 07:19 AM
Spearheading an Alliance
^nice! "liked" and "subbed" your video and channel. Keep posting more.

Just ordered some Opale parts from Esprit to spruce up my HK wing. I'm probably going to order another one. Set one up as a paraglider and the other one as a paramotor.

~BG~

Quick Reply