Mar 03, 2019, 01:55 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

hobbyking 2-4m-paraglider-sail-blue-turquoise-white

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/2-4m-par...ise-white.html

any comment?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 07, 2019, 05:15 PM
The lines and rigging on the previous HK wing were string like and simply knotted and glued.
The previous design usually needed work to shorten the front lines of the bridle.

This wing looks like a better setup than the previous dual layer wing and is probably easier to launch and turns better.
The lines look like better quality than the previous wing.

However the lines are still attached and rigged with simple knots.

Then next question will be has anyone flown one yet?

Here are some detailed photos in this beginner build discussion.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...er-Setup/page2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbro3760
Mar 23, 2019, 02:41 AM
I purchased one as soon as it come out, no where near the wrong designed previous version. It flies straight out the bag it is sold in, obviously small adjustments to front risers depending weight but have tried up to 2kg so far with no issues. I think it is a clone of the Opale 1.1 but not sure
Mar 23, 2019, 10:55 PM
Spent a day mucking around with it, my trusty paramotor pack seemed to be the ticket. 4s 4000 packs, 800kv and 10 x 5 x 3 prop gave unlimited loops etc. All up 1.1kg and dropped the front risers as per picture, tips collapse if going too fast at this but a quick blip on the brakes fill it again.....any where between std and the tie point shown works. Nothing beats Opale for quality but this passes for $40 so happy so far.

PS.....We had huge amount of tests and flight time with the old HK foil and it is average at best 2/10, the new version is about 8/10
Mar 24, 2019, 08:56 AM
@Paradude - what is the relationship of weight vs the front riser length? My cart is a little light, so should they be shortened as you indicated? Or is it the other way around?

I've not had a successful flight yet, have all the parts made for a new cart, hope to assemble and possibly try again today.

Thanks in advance.
Mar 24, 2019, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jihlein
@Paradude - what is the relationship of weight vs the front riser length? My cart is a little light, so should they be shortened as you indicated? Or is it the other way around?

I've not had a successful flight yet, have all the parts made for a new cart, hope to assemble and possibly try again today.

Thanks in advance.
I found the riser at the point in picture to work well up to 1kg then raise it as the weight goes up. It did fly well with no riser adjustment but struggled in wind, I guess as std riser height it is more suitable to slope soaring/ non powered.
Mar 25, 2019, 02:02 PM
3D Heli Pilot
Agree with Paradude, after flying the old hk parafoil many times, this new wing is amazing! (I've only flown hk wings)
I definitely don't miss the hours of line adjustments required to get the old wing off the ground.

Got my weight just over 1kg and have adjusted the front risers about 10mm below the rear. Haven't flown with more as the leading edge was occasionally collapsing on launch. I've also shortened the rear lines at the wing tips to have a small amount of brake (only at the tips), which seems to help prevent the tips from collapsing.
Mar 25, 2019, 08:00 PM
Tom Stanton it's good to see others enjoying it, mine also collapses at speed in the tips so will adjust like you mentioned. I have not noticed it getting worse the lower I drop riser but more weight seems to stop it.

I did not have high hopes to begin with, I still have 7 old foils most of them re strung but I will be buying more of these for sure
Mar 26, 2019, 05:52 PM
I am still struggling to get it just in the air

I will do the adjustments and see if that helps.
Mar 26, 2019, 10:18 PM
Thread OP
and thats making me excited. hobbyking is taking time shipping my paraglider
Mar 26, 2019, 10:21 PM
Which tip lines were shortened, and by how much? Trying to stack the odds in my favor for my next attempt.....

Thanks in advance!
Mar 27, 2019, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jihlein
Which tip lines were shortened, and by how much? Trying to stack the odds in my favor for my next attempt.....

Thanks in advance!
Front lines, it will work without adjustment at all or all the way to lower ring......it will depend on what your end weight is just adjust as you go
Apr 05, 2019, 05:20 PM
IKNOWNOTHING
I received this glider the other day and had a quick test tonight as the wind dropped down, its my first rc paramotor.

I have been having constant frontal collapses on launch, should i apply more brakes to keep the wing over shooting?

My rig weighs around 1.1kg without the wing, is this too heavy? I have tried kiting the wing and unless i keep moving the wing forward VERY quickly it always has frontal collapse on launch.

Any advice would be great help.

Also does anyone know what m2 these wings are?

THANKS
Apr 06, 2019, 07:17 PM
RC Paraglider / Sailplanes
Here a 2 videos for this wing:

https://www.facebook.com/sven.deridd...7604795088713/

https://www.facebook.com/sven.deridd...7604778422048/
Apr 11, 2019, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by estho
I received this glider the other day and had a quick test tonight as the wind dropped down, its my first rc paramotor.

I have been having constant frontal collapses on launch, should i apply more brakes to keep the wing over shooting?

My rig weighs around 1.1kg without the wing, is this too heavy? I have tried kiting the wing and unless i keep moving the wing forward VERY quickly it always has frontal collapse on launch.

Any advice would be great help.

Also does anyone know what m2 these wings are?

THANKS
Ive just flown 2.2kg with no adjustment to risers and handles 20kmh winds well, sink rate is fairly quick so 1kg - 2kg. The more weight the less it collapses at ends, I have not changed anything apart from adjusting brakes until they just drag and this seems to help. They handle weight well, put some more on and try again

Quick Reply