Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

UDrone - A Mind Controlled Drone Project

UDrone is a drone that claims to read your mind and respond accordingly. They are using "leading cognitive technologies" that tracks brain waves and slight facial movements and converts that data into commands sent to the drone.

Splash

Control a Drone with Your Mind?

UDrone is a drone that claims to read your mind and respond accordingly. They are using "leading cognitive technologies" that tracks brain waves and slight facial movements and converts that data into commands sent to the drone. If it works as stated, you would be able to control a drone's movements by just thinking about it. Ok it's not all by just thinking. There's obviously some motion sensors involved as you move your head to send commands and it talks about taking photos by blinking twice or making a peace sign with your hand.

It seems pretty far fetched at this point, but I can see the merits of reliable alternative controls for accessibility and shorter learning curves while training. Who knows where this will go, but we're excited to find out. UDrone is set to Launch on Kickstarter soon with a modest goal of just $4969. If you want to get in on the mind control action, it won't be cheap, UDrone Standard Kit pricing is listed at a staggering $1169!!!

Learn More About UDrone Here

Mar 05, 2019, 10:54 AM
Seems like 1% mind controller, and 99% facial recognition and gestures. So ur 'hands free' as long as you hold the phone facing you or have it facing you. I dont know, i think all it takes is one google search to find out what kind of apparatus you need to actually detect brainwaves and then decide if that can actually be compacted into a headband that doesnt seem to even sit on the head hehehe....Some stuff on kickstarter is nuts.
Mar 06, 2019, 02:49 PM
Team Spektrum FPV
I do not believe this technology has matured (certainly not at anything close to hobby prices!) to the point where any kind of precise control is possible without implants in the brain. With implants the potential is amazing, but I personally would prefer to just stick with holding my transmitter in my hands and flying the old fashion way with my fingers

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...n_4234236.html
Mar 11, 2019, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMustangOne
Seems like 1% mind controller, and 99% facial recognition and gestures. So ur 'hands free' as long as you hold the phone facing you or have it facing you. I dont know, i think all it takes is one google search to find out what kind of apparatus you need to actually detect brainwaves and then decide if that can actually be compacted into a headband that doesnt seem to even sit on the head hehehe....Some stuff on kickstarter is nuts.
Actually the device in their video does exist It tries to measure the degree of concentration or relaxation. And it can actually do that with some accuracy. So far that you can make it give a consisted readout. So using that measurement to increase or decrease height is actually possible. Do all other things with other sensors like an accelerator for head tilt and camera for facial and what they claim is technically possible. It is just horribly unpractical to control.
Mar 11, 2019, 09:41 PM
Sneeze = Crash ?
Mar 15, 2019, 10:06 PM
#evildrweelchair

Udrone Kickstarter campaign suspended.

This campaign has been suspended by Kickstarter. No official reason has been given. I was a backer for this project. I only became a backer so that I could post on the comments site and alert Kickstarter to a potential issue. One only has to look at the Kudrone Kickstarter campaign (of which I was in original backer) or type in Thieye Dr. X drone in Google to get an idea of what these guys appear to be up to.

I've attached two screenshots, one of the Kickstarter Udrone campaign page and the other is the message that the Creator sent me. I have to say that I have to commend Kickstarter for stepping up and stopping this thing before some backers got taken. It could be that the product works as advertised. They're currently selling it on AliExpress for I think around $349.00. The issue I have is misrepresenting the Udrone as a completely new and original idea. We'll see what happens with this campaign in the future. If this drone ends up being what it says it is, then its a cool idea and I wish them success. I just wish the creators would have been up front with the backers because a lot of us, thanks to sites like this are will inform consumers. Especially in a nitch market as mini drones.

Quick Reply