Mar 02, 2019, 08:56 PM
Thread OP
New Product

Blaze Pro ST F3K Competition HL Glider

Introducing the latest in the series of the BLAZE.

NEW BLAZE PRO-LITE arriving soon..!

Units in stock as of Mar. 30' 2021

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...n#post45312091

Technical Details:

Wing Construction:
Rohacell Core with Textreme Spread Tow Carbon Fiber Fabric (60g/m2)

* Wing Span: 59" (1,498.6 mm)
* Wing Chord: 6.5" (165.1 mm)
* Length: 42.5" (1,079.5 mm)
* Wing Area: 315.6 sq.in. (20.36 dm2)

* Fuse Pod Height: 0.75" (19.05 mm)
* Fuse Pod Width: 1.50" (38.1 mm)

* Canopy Length: 6.25" (158.75 mm)

Weights:

* Wing: 4.298 oz (122.5 g)
* Rudder: 0.28 oz (8.0 g)
* Stab: 0.21 oz (6.0 g)
* Fuselage with Stab Support: 1.33 oz (38.0 g)
* Accessories: 0.35 oz (10.0 g)

Total wt. of all components: 6.47 oz (184.5 g)

Approx. AWU RTF: 8.23 oz (234.5 g)

It's possible to include 4 servos inside the fuselage pod.

April 2021 Special Price: $459.95

Units in stock as of Mar. 30th' 2021
Last edited by hobbyclub; Apr 01, 2021 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Adding Info
to remove ads between posts
Mar 03, 2019, 01:55 AM
Good to have another option on the market. What's the wing area and foil? Is it 4 in pod?
Mar 03, 2019, 11:10 AM
Aurora Builder
If its like the last Blaze its really a Stark Pro: https://www.hyperflight.co.uk/produc...=stark-pro-f3k

I would read the reviews carefully, from what I know this is a high performing model but you will need to fix some details with the build...not sure how the Blaze compares in that regard..
Mar 03, 2019, 12:29 PM
Toaster, not Toast
As an owner of a Blaze Pro purchased last spring, I can give a little information. I don't believe that this is a Stark Pro, although it may be manufactured by the same people. The profile of the wing and horizontal stabilizer are different, and the stab is mounted on the bottom of the boom of the Blaze. Also, the Blaze has a different carbon fabric on the wing.

I'm not sure if there are any real differences between my plane and this one other than the color scheme; mine is all black, no decoration at all. Mine claims to have a synergy 2 wing and I believe that. It seems to have the correct profile, at least. The weights are almost identical. Mine was pretty easy to build. The biggest difficulty I had was fitting the servos. The pod is very flat and they need to lie on their sides. I had to remove the bottom cases to get a good fit.

I am not an expert at DLG but have flown a few contests. My experience is limited to a few planes: an Evo Wood, an old lightspeed, one time with a snipe, and this plane. The Blaze Pro is the best of the bunch for me. It is very well mannered and stays up in light lift quite nicely. The other day I got an eight minute flight on my first throw. While explaining plane trim to a friend, I let it circle without touching any controls for about 20-30 seconds. I guess it is a little heavier than some of the other new designs, at 240g, but that is still a respectable weight. I have about 30 hours on this plane and it has survived all of my flying so far.

I suspect that other modern DLGs fly as well, but the differences are getting smaller and all the planes are good. This one happens to be good and relatively cheap. Don't think you are sacrificing quality, though. It is a nice kit without any compromises in quality. Anyone looking for a good plane at a good price, don't be scared of trying this one.

-Topher
Latest blog entry: Evolution Woodie
Mar 03, 2019, 01:24 PM
Old "new Blaze Pro" was rebranded Stark Pro ...link. Likely new "new Blaze Pro" is rebranded another russian or ukrainian DLG... Maybe someone will recognize, which one...
Mar 03, 2019, 04:20 PM
In F3J size does matter!
I’m pretty sure it’s a plane originally called “Breez”.
We had one locally and I was told it was a Synergy 2 variant.
Flew nicely but was a strong version so felt heavy (obviously...).
Mar 03, 2019, 06:08 PM
Toaster, not Toast
Quote:
Originally Posted by roydor
Iím pretty sure itís a plane originally called ďBreezĒ.
We had one locally and I was told it was a Synergy 2 variant.
Flew nicely but was a strong version so felt heavy (obviously...).
I think you are right; my plane has that same bridge under the hatch. It is nice to know it's provenance. I don't know if mine is the strong one or not but it is a little heavy by modern standards at about 240g. Still, it flies great.

-Topher
Dec 03, 2019, 12:38 PM
Thread OP

BlazePro ST F3K Competition HL Glider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas J.
Old "new Blaze Pro" was rebranded Stark Pro ...link. Likely new "new Blaze Pro" is rebranded another russian or ukrainian DLG... Maybe someone will recognize, which one...
It's a completely Brand New model, sorry..!!

Alberto
Dec 14, 2019, 09:55 AM
mth
mth
Has anyone flown this dlg and how does it perform ?
Dec 15, 2019, 11:19 AM
Toaster, not Toast
I have had one of these without the flame paint, all black carbon for close to two years and I love it. You can see my post #4 above. We have probably 20 more hours of flight time and I still really like this plane. Nothing has ever broken except the very corner of the right wing aileron from dragging on the ground. My experiment of using low price electronics is working out as well; three partially decased Emax ES08 and one ES9051, not digital, plastic gears, a lemonRX diversity receiver, and whatever 1s tiny whoop battery I have handy. Not the lightest plane at 235-240g, but a really sweet flyer. I haven't flown a lot of DLGs but this is as good as any I have flown and finds lift better than the others. If you have any specific questions, ask.

-Topher
Dec 15, 2019, 11:29 AM
mth
mth
Do you know what airfoil it uses? Did it have good instructions?
Dec 15, 2019, 11:46 AM
Toaster, not Toast
I think it is a synergy II or variant on that. That is what hobby club reports and he planform and 70-30 split of the flaperons match. Not sure about the tail. There were no instructions but Alberto from hobbyclub sent me a bunch of photos and there weren't any tricks. I had to take the bottom cases and mounting tabs off the servos to fit them comfortably. They all lie on their sides in a row on the bottom. The tail is pull-spring and the wing has pushrods which go through molded guides on the fuselage. Everything was pretty straightforward. If you want, I can post some pictures. Just let me know what you want to see.

-Topher
Dec 15, 2019, 11:55 AM
mth
mth
Thanks. Going to get myself a new dlg and looking at this one and the Auri. The only thing I don’t like is it doesn’t have a Kevlar pod for 2.4 friendly.
Last edited by mth; Dec 15, 2019 at 12:02 PM.
Dec 15, 2019, 12:23 PM
Toaster, not Toast
I like the look of the Auri as well. I drilled little holes in the pod and ran my antennas out like whiskers. Makes it look kinda evil...
Dec 15, 2019, 12:32 PM
mth
mth
Looks pretty cool with the eyes

Quick Reply