Mar 12, 2019, 10:04 AM
BFMA #13, aka Rogue 13
they must believe that real fighter planes only have 1 pilot...

hell, they only put 1 power-plant in a famous twin...
to remove ads between posts
Mar 13, 2019, 10:54 PM
retired ATC
I see no one is going to answer the RIO question..
Mar 15, 2019, 02:04 PM

I want one of these

I just love this plane. Im not skilled enough to fly it. its a beautiful plane. I've seen reviews for it.

in conclusion I want one...
Mar 15, 2019, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron1950
I see no one is going to answer the RIO question..
Hello ron1950 (and others that might be interested in this!),

We chose to not include the RIO as it saved a bit on cost and weight, and because we know some will want to customize the figures and/or cockpit. That said, the hatch/cockpit was specifically designed by our team and built by the factory so itís ready for installation of the RIO as seen in the images attached/below. Simply order 1pc of EFL7991 (Pilot: F-4 Phantom 80mm EDF = $7.99), then remove the plywood plate and corresponding section of foam, screw the pilot/RIO to the plywood plate and re-attach it to the hatch. Should be relatively quick and easy to do for those that want a RIO in the back seat of their F-4

BTW, F-4s and spare parts (including EFL7991) will be in stock and shipping next week!!!
Mar 17, 2019, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490
I like FW jets but they like to sell them under powered have to upgrade power systems to get them to go vertical I have the F-15. If this flies like the E-flight F-16 power is not a problem still easy to land. I upgraded my F-15 to 8S heavy not as easy to land and short battery life.
I agree for the most part but if you like vertical with out mods, the big A10 and 80 Avanti have it.
Mar 18, 2019, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars S.
I just love this plane. Im not skilled enough to fly it. its a beautiful plane. I've seen reviews for it.

in conclusion I want one...
Thats the great thing about RC. Skill can always improve, especially when first starting out.

Try a Hobbyking T45 or even a 70mm foamy Habu. 20-30 successful flights on those (and I mean full command of flight and landing) and imo you should have no issues handling this one.
Mar 18, 2019, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sothpaw
I agree for the most part but if you like vertical with out mods, the big A10 and 80 Avanti have it.
I'll take the current generation of EDFs over what we had 7-8 years ago. Those would barely fly!
Mar 21, 2019, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk0077
I'll take the current generation of EDFs over what we had 7-8 years ago. Those would barely fly!
Mine ALL flew great. Alfa F-86, Aeronaut Panther 90mm, Jepe F-16 90mm, Jepe A-4 90mm, Savex L-39 90mm, Yellow A-4 120mm, JHH A-4 100mm. All composites except the Alfa.
Mar 23, 2019, 10:26 PM
Indeed, not exactly what i was talking about.

More the pnp foamy kits of that era
Apr 19, 2019, 07:17 AM

Waiting on delivery

Wow, I have really liked the discussions, and the hype, and I just had to buy one today after being informed they were in stock. I have enjoyed the Viper so much, and to jump up to a bigger aircraft with more power is going to be great. My club just installed a new vinyl runway at our field just for these birds, and I am very excited to test it out. (http://www.islandrcflyers.com/index.htm), the more I read the more I like this F4. I am seeking the best battery for use for 5 minutes, and am open the that discussion. I have a couple HH 5000 6S and even 1 7000 6S, which I might save for later once I figure this plane out.

Hope to see you guys at the field!
Apr 19, 2019, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk0077
Cool! Definitely looks to be a sweet bird and something the foamy guys will enjoy.

Any news for us composite folk? Any more 80mm Jets in the pipeline?
If you want a nice composite, order a Savex L-39. I've had 3. 90mm compatible. And if you have a rough landing the gear doesn't require replacement parts. Rock solid flyer.
Apr 20, 2019, 08:10 AM

Best Battery for E-flite F4

So I have a couple of 4000Mah 6C 40S batteries, and I was showing the video that you can use them, my question is for how long? I get 5 minutes out of my HH 5000 running about 1/2 - 3/4 throttle, so I am wondering just how long with the 4000's? I guess I just have to fly and put my timer on lower time to ensure enough power, and then check the battery after landing. I always try to keep 3.7 volts when done, so I will test on Sunday, and let you know what I found.
Apr 29, 2019, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo
they must believe that real fighter planes only have 1 pilot...

hell, they only put 1 power-plant in a famous twin...
I'd be curious just how much that affects the numbers sold, and whether the body could be modded to take two, and two batteries, and whether having two fans plus two motors plus two batteries gives more then a 50% increase in performance.

Quick Reply