E-flite F-4 Phantom II 80mm EDF BNF Basic

E-flite has a new gorgeous F-4 Phantom II coming soon. It's an 80mm EDF in "Extra Scale" quality that looks amazing in the photos. That's not all either, with the tuned AS3X and SAFE Select technology inside, they say it is the best handling Phantom yet!

Splash

The Latest EDF from E-flite Arrives in March

E-flite has a new gorgeous F-4 Phantom II coming soon. It's an 80mm EDF in "Extra Scale" quality that looks amazing in the photos. That's not all either, with the tuned AS3X and SAFE Select technology inside, they say it is the best handling Phantom yet! It's listed in BNF Basic at $449.99 due in Late March or if you'd rather have the PNP version, you can get it in Late April for $419.99.

From Horizon Hobby:

The McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II is a legendary long-range supersonic interceptor and fighter-bomber that continues to serve in some countries more than 60 years after making its first flight. Capable of top speeds up to and even beyond Mach 2, the F-4 set numerous speed and altitude world records while serving the U.S. Navy, Marine Corps and Air Force. The E-flite® F-4 Phantom II 80mm EDF is an Extra Scale replica that delivers outstanding authenticity and incredible performance with fantastic handling- especially when it's equipped with exclusive Spektrum™ AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies (BNF® Basic version only).

Key Features:

• The best handling high-performance F-4 Phantom EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet model yet
  • Scale replica of the awe-inspiring and legendary supersonic interceptor and fighter-bomber
  • Extra Scale details including removable ordnance and tanks, strut covers, molded-in panel lines and more
  • Functional Extra Scale features including LED lights, full-flying stabs, flaps and sequenced nose gear doors
  • 12-blade 80mm fan delivers excellent top speed and vertical performance plus turbine-like sound
  • Factory-installed high-power 6S-compatible brushless inrunner motor and 100-amp ESC
  • Spektrum™ 6-channel receiver with industry-leading DSMX® technology
  • Easier to fly with optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
  • The unmatched stability and precision of AS3X® technology
  • Factory-installed metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages
  • Electric retracts with shock-absorbing struts for operation from a variety of surfaces including grass
  • No glue required for assembly and can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery
  • Two-piece wing with hands-free connection system and a magnetically-secured nose cone
  • Convenient top hatch with clear canopy, cockpit detail and a pilot figure
  • Factory-applied VF-51 "Screaming Eagles" squadron finish
  • Durable yet lightweight, fully-molded EPO airframe

Check out the E-flite F-4 Phantom II 80mm EDF BNF Basic Here

Mar 02, 2019, 10:53 PM
That will be my next one
Mar 03, 2019, 12:50 AM
352nd FG Association
Currently figuring out what I can sell to afford this one.
Mar 03, 2019, 07:28 AM
Build to fly, fly to fix
Looks gorgeous, will it be grass field friendly?
Mar 03, 2019, 09:53 AM
Was about to buy the F-16 but everyone has one of those want to be the first guy at the field with a Phantom.
Mar 04, 2019, 12:34 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
Nice work Eflite. Looks like the r stepping their EDF foam game up
Mar 04, 2019, 06:02 PM
This looks like it might be a good one for us old guys who use to fly the "hot stuff" but are a little less sharp now. I don't need "safe" but the other will work for me.
Mar 04, 2019, 11:37 PM
I'm sure it flies great, but if I wanted a jet for its handling characteristics I would buy an Avanti or Futura, and save myself some money. Otherwise it just looks like a toy next to Freewing's F4
Mar 05, 2019, 08:35 AM
I like FW jets but they like to sell them under powered have to upgrade power systems to get them to go vertical I have the F-15. If this flies like the E-flight F-16 power is not a problem still easy to land. I upgraded my F-15 to 8S heavy not as easy to land and short battery life.
Mar 05, 2019, 03:53 PM
We're very excited about this one!! And you can see even more info in this video:

Live Q&A - E-flite F-4 Phantom II 80mm EDF Jet (32 min 51 sec)
Mar 05, 2019, 03:53 PM
Duplicate post!
Mar 05, 2019, 05:51 PM
Cool! Definitely looks to be a sweet bird and something the foamy guys will enjoy.

Any news for us composite folk? Any more 80mm Jets in the pipeline?
Mar 06, 2019, 06:24 PM
jofro
Nice looking , just like both of my models, foam and the smaller glass one, I would never buy in its fully assembled state, the first thing I would do if someone gave it to me is pull it all apart, check everything thoroughly before re-assembly to fly it.
Mar 11, 2019, 08:46 PM
Why no RIO figure?
Mar 12, 2019, 02:58 AM
retired ATC
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCrackers
Why no RIO figure?

ive been asking the same thing with no answers at all..seems for 450 dollars they could have put a rio in the back seat

Quick Reply