Mar 01, 2019, 02:14 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Discussion

Flex innovations RV-8

Loving this plane. Im flying mostly pattern ,sport flying here but it is definitely capable of all mild /semi aggressive 3d meneuvers you wish to throw at it
Flex Innovations RV-8 / Long 7 Minute Version (7 min 2 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Mar 01, 2019, 10:22 PM
That's some awesome flying, very crisp and in control, looks like you've been flying this plane for years!
Mar 01, 2019, 10:35 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citationfxr
That's some awesome flying, very crisp and in control, looks like you've been flying this plane for years!
Thx Sir. My 6th flight with this plane
Jul 15, 2020, 05:00 PM
I got a lemon from Flex Innovations. The QQ really sucks. Most of the screw holes were filled with glue. I had to use forceps to remove glue in the stab so I could just push the tube into it. As for flying, after my first flight I noticed 1/8 to /14 right aileron throw and almost as much rudder to get it to fly straight. Going to check for straightness. Most likely something is wrong. Just not sure how to correct it.
Sep 04, 2020, 02:25 PM
I paid $500 for this plane that looks like a scratch and dent with mismatched paint touch ups and a defective ESC. Tech support was rude and I'll never buy from them again. For such high praise from themselves I would expect better quality parts to be used.
Dec 11, 2020, 10:40 PM
can anyone provide the aileron throws for each mode ? Want to check mine before 1st flight
Dec 15, 2020, 04:05 PM
So far it's not looking good for me with purchasing this plane based on the comments so far. Is everyone experiencing similar issues?
Latest blog entry: "Is that a Turbine?" Not...
Apr 09, 2021, 08:08 PM

Rv-8

I received one of these for Christmas, been wanting one for a couple years now. One wing wouldn't slide completely on as there was a wad of glue inside the wing preventing the carbon tube from seating. This took some creative work to resolve. Elevator servo was erratic and bad from the start. I'm still waiting for the replacement servo to show up (its now April, 4 months later). The foam looks bad in several areas on the wing, almost like it didn't fully expand into the mold. Mine has several shades of green and none of it matches the rest. If it wasn't so expensive to ship, I would sent it back. Hopefully Ill get to fly it sometime this summer, it's been collecting dust since Christmas.

-Tony

Quick Reply