Jul 01, 2019, 10:09 AM
Ryan Gonsoulin
Well we made it back home late last night about a 10 hr drive. Awesome event for sure. I suppose this will have to be my local event as it is the closest to home! A huge thanks to Don and the whole crew who helped put this event on. Everything ran super smoothly and the food was great. The facility is awesome to boot! Plenty of cover and the field is wide open and the LZ is super smooth. Trees are far enough not to get in the way but could come into play on windy days (never really came into play for us this weekend). This is definitely one event everyone should put on their calendar for next year!

I myself underperformed a little but that is due to not having flown since San Felasco but no complaints at all. Ryan Jr. had a great event and surprised me by his ever increasing launch height and how well he flies when he is out on the field by himself (AULD).

Great work by everyone, especially the top finishers Jason(s) & Nathan. I know Jason & Nathan will do an excellent job at the Worlds!

Ryan
to remove ads between posts
Jul 01, 2019, 04:37 PM
Jesper Frickmann
I pulled into my drive way 5 min. past midnight - today was a loong day! Possum Toss is such an enjoyable event, the people and competition is absolutely top notch! So

next year

Jesper
Jul 01, 2019, 06:17 PM
Thanks Don, Jan, Larry and all that made the Possum Toss a top notch event. Jarka and I really enjoyed ourselves. The weather was fantastic! Ok, a little warm, but not a drop of rain! Thanks Don for the flight line parking under the shelter. Who do I see about reservations for next year? Great job Jason, Scrib and Nathan! I almost forgot, the washing station next to the plentiful porta potties was a nice touch. Thanks again, see you at the Nats.
Ben
Jul 01, 2019, 07:40 PM
launch height can't fix stupid
Got home at 1:30am after a mostly uneventful drive home. Totally worth it. Entire trip was an opportunity for the wife and I to explore a section of the world that we hadn't really seen yet with a DLG contest thrown in the mix. Really like what we saw and experienced. Kind of wish we had made the trip sooner!!

Very well run contest. Great local support. Great field with finicky lift. I never knew possum was so tasty too. Thanks to everyone who made it happen.

My highlight was out-launching those fancy new falcons with my flitz classic (I wont mention Scrib's role in verifying that). Of course the DLG gods reminded me to be humble a bit later after my piece of lift went poof and my unnamed launch height victim's lift didn't

Thanks again to the Coffee Airfoilers for hosting all of us and everyone that shows up to play.

Best of luck to Jason and Nathan as they head out to represent all of us and the USA at the world championships.

Cory
Jul 02, 2019, 12:30 PM
Team Crunch Brothers
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsha99
My highlight was out-launching those fancy new falcons with my flitz classic (I wont mention Scrib's role in verifying that).
Cory
Ok Scrib, say it with me: "I hate you"
Jul 02, 2019, 04:48 PM
Team Falcon
No worries, it is just a defense mechanism. He lashes out at those he loves the most.

I was really just trying to keep the Falcon in the shade - it was very hot, and that Flitz wing is huge.

Jason

Quick Reply