This thread is privately moderated by yosemitez, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 28, 2019, 12:14 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

the quest to get rid of vibrations

been trying to get rid of the last vibrations found in my 220 size quad, they are not bad but are noticeable on punchouts and higher throttle
--------------------------------------------------
update ; 3/4/19
giving up on the joshua bardwell f4 fc, it just has to much noise which is causing vibrations. i think it has to do with it being a aio and the vibes are being transmitted up the esc wires to the fc. see blackbox log below, SO much noise.
-
test 1
martian 220
bf4
bardwell f4
brand new tmotor f3 2400
different props, dal bull nose, cyclone and dal 5045
racestar 30a esc

first updated fc to bf 4 and tuned all filters per these
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-filter-tuning

better but still not perfect. fc stack is mounted on M3 female to male threaded rubber vibration dampening bobbins per many videos. fc is on bottom, akk vtx is on top.

next step was to hard mount fc so i replaced the bobbins with bolts, the barwell f4 still has dampeners in the mounting holes. akk vtx is mounted on top with nuts separating the fc and vtx, this worked a bit better but still vibes on punchout, cyclone props were the quietest

final test, took off vtx that was mounted above fc on stack, put foam under fc and it seems much better! since there is no other palce for the akk board vtx i will have to live with this
------------------------------------------------

test 2
x220 frame
bf 3.5 stock pids and filters
brain radix
gs 30a esc's pwm set to 32khz
brother hobby 2450kv brand new
dal props new, not balanced or polished

mounted the stack like seen in photo, pdb on bottom, brain radix (has dampers built in) on top, long screws with dampeners in between, foam in between boards and on top. did a quick flight and it was totally vibe and jello free. amazing! i think the pdb on bottom and nothing on top of the fc helps a lot along with using screws.
Last edited by yosemitez; Mar 04, 2019 at 12:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply