May 22, 2019, 10:00 PM
retired ATC
the navy decal is just following the curviture of the engine nacell
to remove ads between posts
May 22, 2019, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickstop
... is the "NAVY" decal on the side totally crooked.
Most definitely. That's as bad as leaving out the second crewmember.

Gene K
May 22, 2019, 11:31 PM
Innocent Bystander
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy01
Most definitely. That's as bad as leaving out the second crewmember.

Gene K
The FMS factory guy looks to be as attentive as the Freewing Guy who did the 'Blue Angels' decals on the new F/A-18C 90/80mm !!! And most people on here it seems prefer these decals pre-applied.... go figure. All very 'Fixable' , just a lot of unnecessary work. For those guys who don't even bother to paint their Servos to match, I'm sure a little sloppy decal work is nothing to them on their $500 Jet.
May 23, 2019, 01:38 AM
Hopefully both of those pictures are of early preproduction aircraft and production ones will be better. Crooked drives me crazy.
May 23, 2019, 07:41 AM
AA6JB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobaroo
The FMS factory guy looks to be as attentive as the Freewing Guy who did the 'Blue Angels' decals on the new F/A-18C 90/80mm !!! And most people on here it seems prefer these decals pre-applied.... go figure. All very 'Fixable' , just a lot of unnecessary work. For those guys who don't even bother to paint their Servos to match, I'm sure a little sloppy decal work is nothing to them on their $500 Jet.
Your post is benign and legitimate ... until that last sentence. Then it goes south. I understand and agree with the angst over crooked graphics but why not just stop there? So, in your opinion, anyone who isn't bothered by unpainted servos is less of a modeler or enthusiast than you or others who are?! Because I am not bothered all that much by that. Thus, I find your post insulting and caustic.
Latest blog entry: Updated FMS 1400mm J3 Cub
May 23, 2019, 08:01 AM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
Isn't it great that we can have such diversity of thought and preference in our hobby?!

I'm not bothered by "unscale" but some are...I just hope for reliable electronics and power trains...cheers to us all.
May 23, 2019, 09:15 AM
All aboard Flight 666
It would be nice if they painted the foam AFTER they glued the servos in. Just a consideration.
May 23, 2019, 12:09 PM
Innocent Bystander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora
Your post is benign and legitimate ... until that last sentence. Then it goes south. I understand and agree with the angst over crooked graphics but why not just stop there? So, in your opinion, anyone who isn't bothered by unpainted servos is less of a modeler or enthusiast than you or others who are?! Because I am not bothered all that much by that. Thus, I find your post insulting and caustic.

Insulting and Caustic. Roll Eyes !! So sorry to have upset your delicate emotional state with my post. I am not bothered at all by your false projection of my 'Opinion' on this either. How would you ever presume to have the ability to derive my 'Opinion' on anything !!! Hahahaha. Furthermore, I find your post 'Presumptuous, Pitifully Inappropriate and Pathetic'.
May 23, 2019, 12:33 PM
Innocent Bystander
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant22
It would be nice if they painted the foam AFTER they glued the servos in. Just a consideration.
Yea,... There are certainly a lot of things that could be done by the Mfg's that would make our modeling experience more enjoyable. Pricepoint Guyz will say it would cost too much to have this or that done... Fanboys will argue that we are all definitely getting a bargain for our money and these new models are perfect in every way !! Sponsored individuals must have it the worst, seeing these same deficiencies we all see yet having to report to everyone out there on these things from that biased perspective. It is reflected in their posts and photographs !!

Crooked Graphics, Wrong Color Paint and the absence of some little things like we are seeing were a lot easier to overlook and largely accepted on our $149.99 Jets.

I enjoy bringing mine up to a more ScaleLike appearance standard. It is easier to do that from a base painted model without graphics applied. I prefer to have all of mine offered that way. Cheers
May 23, 2019, 12:47 PM
The RC Geek
I finally got some decent pics of the F-4 in action. I've really been enjoying flying this bird. Has great performance and lands wonderfully with flaps! Interestingly, it's about the same size as the F-16 which is a blast too. Will hopefully get some better pics on the next outing. Working on getting video too.

Chris
http://thercgeek.com
May 23, 2019, 12:56 PM
Classic jets rule
Nice pics Chris
May 23, 2019, 05:51 PM
AA6JB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobaroo
Insulting and Caustic. Roll Eyes !! So sorry to have upset your delicate emotional state with my post. I am not bothered at all by your false projection of my 'Opinion' on this either. How would you ever presume to have the ability to derive my 'Opinion' on anything !!! Hahahaha. Furthermore, I find your post 'Presumptuous, Pitifully Inappropriate and Pathetic'.
You are truly a superstar and a living legend ! (in your own mind)
Isn't this the part where you start posting irrelevant Internet harvested photos of all of your other material possessions because you think the rest of us are somehow impressed?
Latest blog entry: Updated FMS 1400mm J3 Cub
May 23, 2019, 06:54 PM
low, left, & fast
So, last week I had an Aileron ball link strip out. Got her down safe. Sure enough, stripped. Ordered a set for this airplane from Horizon. When I tried the proper length rod and link, it didn't fit over the original ball. Looked closer and the packaged link was a smaller size. Looked in the package and it had all small size links on 1.2mm rods (which works for the threads, but not the balls. Balls are not included. ) Except there was one longer rod (elevator?) that measured 1.4mm dia. thick with a bigger ball link. That fit the ball on the plane. But the hole for the rod is also bigger and it will strip just like the original did as it is identical. Inspected the plane and all wing connections were small rods in big links.

I urge you all to check your fittings. Horizon, you might want to inspect the product. The parts package would also be incorrect.
May 23, 2019, 07:26 PM
Innocent Bystander
OhDear,... Looks like I may have lost another member of my FanClub. Bummer !!!
Last edited by Bobaroo; May 23, 2019 at 07:47 PM.
May 23, 2019, 07:57 PM
I review RC Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant22
That would be nice, but likely impractical. I know a lot of the guys that make these planes are just as focused on getting this right, but production costs are also a huge consideration. Making the most practical compromises are the way they try to error. Sometimes I agree and sometimes I don't, but I get it.

Quick Reply