May 24, 2019, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Blandford
Not certain of the name.

For a bit of past history, you could also search for "ben everton "hobbyporter"" and you will get some brief entries from "Linked in", one of which gives:
"Ben Everton

Co-Founder at Hobbyporter.com

Hong Kong
Consumer Goods

Current Co-Founder at Hobbyporter.com
Past Vice President of Sourcing & OEM/ODM Product Development at Hobbyking.com hexTronik ltd."

hextronik made the circuit board for the 9XR-PRO and the 9XR.

A bit more searching:

Do a search for "founder hobbyporter" and you will get a link to "Owen Lee". Follow the link and you find:

"Director of Marketing
Frsky RC
October 2010 April 2012 1 year 7 months

Wuxi

Sales and marketing Director"

Mike

Edit: Checking back, I see some e-mails I received from hextronic during the 9XR-PRO development were copied to "Ben Everton".
A bit more history ...

Ben Everton , when working for HK hired me to port my Sky9x design over to the 9XR Pro. Mike helped with the hardware design and did the firmware .

Last fall HK closed down the division that was making the 9XR Pro ... that is why they sold them off at $30USD.

Chris Wilson , who used to make the HK user videos , was working for the HK division that closed.... He moved over to FLYSKY to help
with the Niravna project.

Yan Wan, the R&D director moved over to another R/C electronics OEM that is interested in a OTX radio as well.

So all these past HK employees , want to bring a Open sourced software Radio to their new companies.

-Brent
to remove ads between posts
May 24, 2019, 01:45 PM
Lowand Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaZoom
Changing channel order only changed future models set up after the change. Existing models will not auto change.
Yeah. Bummer. I figured as much
May 24, 2019, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiffles
I just did a complete teardown and finished putting together the video.
$150 vs $2500
May 24, 2019, 01:58 PM
Excellent video Whiffles!! Unlike me, all your gimbal screws were in the gimbals!One of mine was shorting out the radio!

Bob
May 24, 2019, 02:03 PM
Lowand Fast
Is there a way of changing the channel order on the multi protocol tx to match all of my existing models?
May 24, 2019, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse
$150 vs $2500
Wow, and what do you get for $2500? 9m more pot cycles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob AZ
Excellent video Whiffles!! Unlike me, all your gimbal screws were in the gimbals!One of mine was shorting out the radio!

Bob
Thank you! I do have some concerns about the gimbal screws. The heads are barely wide enough to cover the holes. I feel like they could have used better screws there. A good hit to one of the gimbals could knock it loose.
Last edited by Whiffles; May 24, 2019 at 02:12 PM.
May 24, 2019, 02:08 PM
Quote:
So all these past HK employees , want to bring a Open sourced software Radio to their new companies.
And that is a great thing.
May 24, 2019, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVNewbie
A schematic would be one heck of a lot faster. It's not like we can't trace everything. What exactly are they trying to hide ?

What did you need a hardware level debugger for ? Don't you have access to all the firmware source code ? Checking out the bootloader ?
A schematic is not strictly required , though it would be nice to have. Everything we need is in source, or a relatively simple glance at the PCB and maybe a few measurements of passives if required for whatever reason. Its a quite simple schematic/layout that is not difficult to figure out what you cannot deduce from source.
May 24, 2019, 02:28 PM
Deleted

Wysłane z mojego SM-A520F przy użyciu Tapatalka
May 24, 2019, 03:09 PM
Jet Foamy addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVNewbie
I haven't even received my radio yet. I watched the YouTube video with the 800x480 screen in it, took screenshots of the part numbers and sent them to Startek's Alibaba account.

I detailed it in these posts:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=994

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1030
Looks like he has manage to install an internal module also, any idea how And what internal he use??, we would assume its the XJT style internal

Per
May 24, 2019, 04:57 PM
ErskyTx Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyFPV
A schematic is not strictly required , though it would be nice to have. Everything we need is in source, or a relatively simple glance at the PCB and maybe a few measurements of passives if required for whatever reason. Its a quite simple schematic/layout that is not difficult to figure out what you cannot deduce from source.
But the radio doesn't match the source! If you believe the source, then there is a UART connected to the internal module and a heartbeat signal connected to the modules. Neither of these are connected. The source code (as for openTx as well) indicates the heartbeat signal is not used. It is used by erskyTx when operating with FrSky XJT and R9 modules, on FrSky radios, to synchronise sending the servo position data and so significantly reduce latency.
So then it is necessary to question what else is in the source that is not connected or connected differently, or what is extra. The main board has a small push button on the left, to what is that connected?

Mike
May 24, 2019, 05:02 PM
Quote:
But the radio doesn't match the source! If you believe the source, then there is a UART connected to the internal module and a heartbeat signal connected to the modules. Neither of these are connected. The source code (as for openTx as well) indicates the heartbeat signal is not used. It is used by erskyTx when operating with FrSky XJT and R9 modules, on FrSky radios, to synchronise sending the servo position data and so significantly reduce latency.
So then it is necessary to question what else is in the source that is not connected or connected differently, or what is extra. The main board has a small push button on the left, to what is that connected?

Mike
And you determined that how? Apparently not with a schematic.

My statement still stands!!
May 24, 2019, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiffles
Wow, and what do you get for $2500? 9m more pot cycles?

Thank you! I do have some concerns about the gimbal screws. The heads are barely wide enough to cover the holes. I feel like they could have used better screws there. A good hit to one of the gimbals could knock it loose.
All my screws were still in place and the extra one was no charge!
May 24, 2019, 05:30 PM
ErskyTx Developer
By pulling a T16 apart and measuring with a meter. The internal and external modules control signals are a short, so they are the same signal and the heartbeat pin is not connected to the connector that goes to the main board. Neither of these match the JumperTx source code.
The processor has 208 pins. I'm not going to spend time checking they all go where the source code says they should connect.

Mike
May 25, 2019, 03:30 AM
Quote:
By pulling a T16 apart and measuring with a meter. The internal and external modules control signals are a short, so they are the same signal and the heartbeat pin is not connected to the connector that goes to the main board. Neither of these match the JumperTx source code.
The processor has 208 pins. I'm not going to spend time checking they all go where the source code says they should connect.

Mike
If you are referring to the control signal as the power switching, this is incorrect. They are not the same pin, and they switch accordingly. The power pin (PA.08) defined in source for the internal module is the correct pin.

You can verify this yourself with a meter by toggling power to either module , and measuring at the input to the LM1117 footprint on the underside of the internal module board.

As far as I can tell, the heartbeat pin (PD.12) is not even used on the Horus. It states in the comment where the heartbeat pin is defined that it is not used and I cannot find anywhere where it would be. So it makes some sense Jumper wouldn't use it either.

Quick Reply