May 05, 2019, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob AZ
There's a black bar on the top of the page. It has a magnifying glass and the words SEARCH. You don't have to read 1000 messages before making incendiary statements. You should check it out!
Perhaps you're mistaken, Bob. I don't need assistance with the search function. I just think you should stop picking on people.

Even without using the search function, I was able to find out about an issue with the scroll wheel from gian1312 that I was previously unaware of. I don't keep up this thread every single day. I'm sure others also have lives and don't read this thread everyday either.
Last edited by c.wilkins8384; May 06, 2019 at 12:01 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 05, 2019, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVNewbie
You made changes in JumperTx/radio/src/targets/t16/hal.cpp in the //Keys section, lines 21 to 42 ?

How are you going to allow others to use the key remapping ? Compiler switch ? Global Var ? ???
This will not be an official mod as some may not want to change the mapping. Once I confirm working I will post how to do it.

Those are not the proper lines for the T16 BTW. You could do it there, but below that section where the T16 defines are.

I done it in the boards.h Keys driver section at line 210. This is where Jumper remapped the Horus button to theirs, so it makes sense to do it there.
Last edited by IndyFPV; May 05, 2019 at 11:09 PM.
May 05, 2019, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.wilkins8384
I don't need to check anything out, Bob. You should just chill tf out and stop picking on people. ESPECIALLY new people.
I'm not going to waste any more bandwidth on your comments. This is a thread about The Jumper T-16 and not for baseless personal or corporate attacks. I have already apologized Gian1312 prior to you posting your personal attack.

Please stay on topic. You'll be much happier and you can learn about your T-16 if and when you order one. I recommend that in future, if you don't like someone's post and it's not directed at you, best to ignore it rather than attacking the poster.

Good luck!
Last edited by Bob AZ; May 06, 2019 at 08:45 AM.
May 06, 2019, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeshellim
Neil, if it's like the X10 then go to the Input menu and you'll see a number of choices in the 'Include Trim' field - these allow you to override the default trim with a lever of your own choice, or none at all. Much more flexible than MPX ;-)
- Mike
Hey Mike, how are you !
Yes, you're right, changing the trim inputs for each channel are possible through this option - but what a royal PITA having to set the correct trim switch for each axis - AND for each and every rate that you've set - and further, for each and every model as it's not global
Certainly more flexible than MPX as you say ! I still miss the 3030 grey square box a lot tho, maybe I can 3D print another one and fit the guts of the T16 LOL :-)
Thanks for that, I'll probably just wait on a real fix :-))) (but your bodge is ok for now :-))

BTW, I was one of the X10 beta testers - I'm still smarting from that

Cheers

Neil
May 06, 2019, 04:14 PM
Sorry for the noob question. I'm planning on getting my first good TX for flying as was thinking about the T16, but with all the issues I read about do you think it'd be better for me to get something more proven like a Taranis QX7 or X9D? I just want to get flying without having to fix problems as well as learning openTX. (and how to fly)
May 06, 2019, 04:27 PM
All other considerations aside, the T16 is new offering with some issues yet to be resolved according to reports in this thread.

The other radios you mentioned are mature products.

You be the judge.
May 06, 2019, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeofBrian
Sorry for the noob question. I'm planning on getting my first good TX for flying as was thinking about the T16, but with all the issues I read about do you think it'd be better for me to get something more proven like a Taranis QX7 or X9D? I just want to get flying without having to fix problems as well as learning openTX. (and how to fly)
From what I can tell, the the T-16 is becoming available in the UK. It really is quite a good radio, but like any new product, some bugs are to be expected. I would really recommend it as a good first radio.

In addition, Open TX is available on a number of radios so you only have to learn it once, It's VERY well documented and you can start the Open TX university right away. Also you tube videos on all aspects of Open TX.

The multimode capability of the T-16 opens a full range of inexpensive receivers. You will be getting a radio that will be good for years to come at a very competitive price.

I'd be flying mine now if it wasn't for a lost screw that shorted out the radio, but customer support from both Jumper and HobbyCool in China, has been excellent and I'll have my new radio in a week or two.

I used to work in Frimly Hall when it was converted to offices and lived in Sunninghill and was a member of Fox Hills. Lovely part of the world!

I'd suggest checking out a number of in-depth reviews on the T-16 before making a final decision. As far as I can tell, the only serious problem is the weak selection roller which is being redesigned. It's a combination roller selector and a switch. The switch happens when you press the bottom of the roller. The top is fixed and if you attempt to push from the top it will break. Remember that and I don't think you have much to worry about.

Bob
Last edited by Bob AZ; May 06, 2019 at 04:45 PM.
May 06, 2019, 05:32 PM
I received mine today.

The gimbal pots are NOT ALPS pots as they were saying. They are Everson RP12S pots. However, they are nice, well spec'd pots. Maybe even better than ALPS.

http://www.eversoncorp.com/pic/down/RP12S.pdf

I did a custom build of the firmware to change some minor annoyances. Like button layout, long press time reduction etc. Changed the splash and some icons to something more classy and not so childish.

After that , my only complaints are the slider detents (not a big deal, will figure out an easy fix) , the speaker/sound quality, and the haptic vibrator causes some annoying resonance. A little foam around the motor may help with that.
May 06, 2019, 05:44 PM
Regexistentialist

T16 speaker quality?

How is the speaker on the T16? Also, does it have a headphone jack?

I have a T12 and the speaker is just terrible! (both weak and horribly distorted - and the T12 has no headphone jack.)
May 06, 2019, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgerunr
How is the speaker on the T16? Also, does it have a headphone jack?

I have a T12 and the speaker is just terrible! (both weak and horribly distorted - and the T12 has no headphone jack.)
T16 speaker is terrible too. Probably the same speaker.

No headphone jack.
May 06, 2019, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyFPV
T16 speaker is terrible too. Probably the same speaker.

No headphone jack.
Do you think it's the actual speaker, the audio amp or both? Worthwhile adding a 3" speaker to the back?

Thanks!
Bob
May 06, 2019, 07:19 PM
Can the Jumper operate parrot products like a beebop? Not sure of the parrot protocols.
May 06, 2019, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob AZ
Do you think it's the actual speaker, the audio amp or both? Worthwhile adding a 3" speaker to the back?

Thanks!
Bob
Most likely the speaker.
May 07, 2019, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Most likely the speaker.
Sounds like a cheap fix!

Thanks.
May 07, 2019, 12:30 AM
Quote:
I received mine today.

The gimbal pots are NOT ALPS pots as they were saying. They are Everson RP12S pots. However, they are nice, well spec'd pots. Maybe even better than ALPS.

http://www.eversoncorp.com/pic/down/RP12S.pdf

I did a custom build of the firmware to change some minor annoyances. Like button layout, long press time reduction etc. Changed the splash and some icons to something more classy and not so childish.

After that , my only complaints are the slider detents (not a big deal, will figure out an easy fix) , the speaker/sound quality, and the haptic vibrator causes some annoying resonance. A little foam around the motor may help with that.
and show what icons you have done? I also do not like some of the icons, they look like kids, battery power and volume.

Quick Reply