Jan 12, 2020, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnuts
When binding Multi is asking the RX to do DSMX 12 channels then the RX replies I can only do this for example DSM2 7 channels. This information is sent to the radio to adjust the model settings DSM 2 7ch.
So the answer is no rebinding will not change anything apart from placing the right values in the GUI for you.
The RX might still be confused if you transmit less or more channels compared to what he is waiting for. So setting the correct number of channels that the RX is expecting and restart it might solve your issue.
Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer
I set up a plane with a Lemon Stabilizer+ which uses Channel 8 as Master Gain.
I have that channel controlled via a Mix from S2 rotary.

When I did the initial Bind, it had happened to have channels 1-7 selected (my error, due to copying a template from
another model).

The Master Gain is not responding to that, although the Monitor shows that it is working (prior to entering the multi-protocol box?).
After trying the adjust Master Gain, I changed that to channels 1-8. No difference in behaviour.

I think I know the answer, but would like to confirm it : Does the Bind determine how many channels will be actually
transmittted and therefore you need to re-Bind to alter this?
I have a lemon stabilizer as well and had to manually change the channels to 1-8 and then bound the receiver again. Set up pot 2 to control. Works great. You may need to uncheck the option to autodetect - I can't remember - and I am not home right now

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2020, 12:46 PM
I am really interested in this radio. I have a DX8 G1 so my next radio must be dsm2/X compatible. I like the DX9 but don’t like the price. I know nothing about open TX but I would be willing to learn. I wanna spend somewhere around $250 max. Would you guys recommend this or maybe something in the FR Sky lineup? I fly planks and helis, no fpv but never say never.
Jan 12, 2020, 12:55 PM
In my view, trying to save anything Spektrum is a mistake and limiting. Sell the Spektrum gear and go Jumper but wait until late January. A retail seller claims a big announcement, then.
Jan 12, 2020, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alopath
In my view, trying to save anything Spektrum is a mistake and limiting. Sell the Spektrum gear and go Jumper but wait until late January. A retail seller claims a big announcement, then.
I want the Spektrum compatibility for all of my bind and fly stuff. Other than that I donít care what frequency Iím using.
Jan 12, 2020, 04:20 PM
1000MIGLIA City - Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnuts
Change Log since latest release 1.3.0.47:
  • Protocol FrSkyX: add bind options CH1-8/CH9-16 & Telem ON/OFF => need an OpenTX nightly build
  • Protocol Flyzone: add channel 5
  • Protocol Bayang RX: improved RX code and timing
  • Protocol FrSky RX: fix bind which could fail if another FrSky TX was transmitting around
  • Protocols using the [email protected] emulation layer (V911S, KF606, GD00x,...): [email protected] is emulated by default with the NRF24L01. If option (freq tune) is different from 0, the CC2500 module (if installed) will be used instead with option being the usual frequency tuning.
  • New protocol Pelikan: number 60, no sub protocol, 8 channels AETR, extended limit supported => still work in progress
  • New protocol Tiger: model Tiger drone 1400782, number 61, no sub protocol, CH5 Flip, CH6 Light
  • Fix erskyTX module status
  • Direct inputs: only available when using PPM and STM32, possibility to solder 2 or 3 position switches on some of the free pins of the STM32 to add more channels
  • XN297Dump: new auto sub protocol, it will automatically:
    • find XN297L packet -> bitrate, scrambling, enhanced...
    • use address to filter incoming packets
    • find all frequencies
    • determine channel order (basic)
    • help to find out the changes by only displaying packets when there is a change in the packet

Please test and report on these changes.

Pascal
thank you Pascal
Jan 12, 2020, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy4129
I am really interested in this radio. I have a DX8 G1 so my next radio must be dsm2/X compatible. I like the DX9 but donít like the price. I know nothing about open TX but I would be willing to learn. I wanna spend somewhere around $250 max. Would you guys recommend this or maybe something in the FR Sky lineup? I fly planks and helis, no fpv but never say never.
I have had the dx9 since they first came out and really like it. I think it is the best overall value from Spektrum, although they have jacked the price up significantly since I got mine. I bought the Jumper, and I intend to keep the dx9 to use for most of the models that are already attached.

I like the Jumper, aware that OpenTx is a major learning exercise but that is mostly the reason I got it. In principle, I like the idea of open source, community-based things. Spektrum and others bring out stuff based upon marketing strategies, whereas open source listens to its community and tries to accommodate their wants and needs, and they react very quickly to requests and issues.

My own long term view has been that, if I eventually had to replace my dx9 then the only Spektrum product that looked right for me would have been another dx9 - but not at the current prices! A radio similar to the dx9 should cost more like ... just spit-balling here ... say, the Jumper?

Jumper choice was a no-brainer, and the learning curve is not a real issue. Besides, if I am too old to read and learn, then perhaps someone should take my toys away from me? I can buy a Jumper plus a spare one and have some change vs one new dx9. It also happens to be a nice piece of hardware.
Jan 12, 2020, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer
I have had the dx9 since they first came out and really like it. I think it is the best overall value from Spektrum, although they have jacked the price up significantly since I got mine. I bought the Jumper, and I intend to keep the dx9 to use for most of the models that are already attached.

I like the Jumper, aware that OpenTx is a major learning exercise but that is mostly the reason I got it. In principle, I like the idea of open source, community-based things. Spektrum and others bring out stuff based upon marketing strategies, whereas open source listens to its community and tries to accommodate their wants and needs, and they react very quickly to requests and issues.

My own long term view has been that, if I eventually had to replace my dx9 then the only Spektrum product that looked right for me would have been another dx9 - but not at the current prices! A radio similar to the dx9 should cost more like ... just spit-balling here ... say, the Jumper?

Jumper choice was a no-brainer, and the learning curve is not a real issue. Besides, if I am too old to read and learn, then perhaps someone should take my toys away from me? I can buy a Jumper plus a spare one and have some change vs one new dx9. It also happens to be a nice piece of hardware.
Exactly how I feel
Jan 12, 2020, 05:52 PM
lovin' early retired in 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Seddon
Re-seating the Ribbon Cable

I am getting intermittent use of the roller key and very intermittent use of the other keys. I think I need to re-seat the ribbon cable - but how?

I assume it is clamped by the connector and somehow I have to release the cable by doing something on the connector. But What?

Hope you can help?

Peter
Mine failed at the roller too.
After a few days of humidity here in the high desert.

You have to carefully raise UP the gray end where the wire goes into the clamp.
I have gone so far as to remove the ribbon, cleaned with an alcohol pad and after dry reversed the ribbon ends. Blue tops always up.

Carefully put back in, square and slide in as far as possible and snap the gray arm back down.
I hate these types of failure. Hard to tell if it's a handling problem or just a poor design.
I wish they were all soldered.
Jan 12, 2020, 06:23 PM
Jet Foamy addict
link to night-line please
Jan 12, 2020, 07:05 PM
OlliW
I've upgraded my Jumper T16, which I have since shortly, today to v2.3.4, and now I do see a wierd spurious line crossing from left to right on the top, pl see attached pic. (appears to be one pixel height)

Anyone else seeing this? What could have went wrong?

(I have seen that the two pics recently posted here with v2.3.4 didn't show this)

Companion gave me firmware file opentx-t16-eu-internalmulti-lua-ppmus-en-2.3.4.bin, the VERSION page shows: opentx-t16-2.3.4 (af69e36a), 2019-12-23

I didn't had this with the firmware with which the Jumper was delivered, which was: opentx-t16-2.3.2 (5c495be5), 2019-11-07 according to the VERSION page.

THX,
Olli
Jan 13, 2020, 02:42 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Faulty LCD.
Jan 13, 2020, 02:47 AM
OpenTX core team
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlliW
I've upgraded my Jumper T16, which I have since shortly, today to v2.3.4, and now I do see a wierd spurious line crossing from left to right on the top, pl see attached pic. (appears to be one pixel height)

Anyone else seeing this? What could have went wrong?

(I have seen that the two pics recently posted here with v2.3.4 didn't show this)

Companion gave me firmware file opentx-t16-eu-internalmulti-lua-ppmus-en-2.3.4.bin, the VERSION page shows: opentx-t16-2.3.4 (af69e36a), 2019-12-23

I didn't had this with the firmware with which the Jumper was delivered, which was: opentx-t16-2.3.2 (5c495be5), 2019-11-07 according to the VERSION page.

THX,
Olli
Please reflash by putting the firmware in FIRMWARE folder, start radio bootloalder, and follow on screen instructions
Jan 13, 2020, 02:59 AM
OlliW
yeah
by now did reflash plenty of times, also using the sd card&bootloader procedure, no avail
I was thinking of hardware too, but wanted to hear other opinions before I go through the effort to return it
MANY THX, Olli
Jan 13, 2020, 04:19 AM
Fly Planes, Be Happy 😜
Is there a way to rearrange the folders circled in the picture using either the radio or Companion? As I add new folders they are at the bottom of the list, but I want to move some up the list and others down the list.
Jan 13, 2020, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
Is there a way to rearrange the folders circled in the picture using either the radio or Companion? As I add new folders they are at the bottom of the list, but I want to move some up the list and others down the list.
My guess is that they are displayed in alphabetic order, nothing to do with internal organization. On my PC, when I want things to show up in a certain order, I rename the folders slightly to include a prefix, e.g., A - Manuals , B - Articles, C - Plans, etc. That may work here as well.
Last edited by Deerslayer; Jan 13, 2020 at 07:24 AM.

Quick Reply