Jan 11, 2020, 11:42 AM
silently addicted..
Hey all. I will be doing a mod series for the T16 Pro radio (similar to what I have done in the past for the X9D+, for those already familiar with my content).
Let me know what mods you would be interested in. For the time being the list has the following:
- LED fixes (light leak at the top buttons, power button led color)
- Internal balance charging circuit
- Large speaker mod
- Disassembly & shell hydrodip

If you are into accessories, here is Part1:
Easy mods & accessories to make your T16 Pro Hall Jumper radio unique (10 min 31 sec)

As for the Radiomaster TX16 version, is there a price announced for the version that includes the micro CRSF?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2020, 11:43 AM
Nice work
!
Jan 11, 2020, 12:31 PM
casual park flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by muteFPV
As for the Radiomaster TX16 version, is there a price announced for the version that includes the micro CRSF?
That combo was listed at $179 for pre-order.
Jan 11, 2020, 12:34 PM
T16 2 switches and 2 sliders more
Jan 11, 2020, 12:58 PM
silently addicted..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alopath
Nice work
!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Sabre
That combo was listed at $179 for pre-order.
Damn! That's crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by helle
Thank you, noted
Jan 11, 2020, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muteFPV
Thank you

Damn! That's crazy

Thank you, noted
It did indeed turn out to be crazy....
Jan 11, 2020, 01:42 PM
casual park flyer
muteFPV - kewl video! I assume your some kind of professional?? Very nice. You don't like orange, do you? lol Nice mods!
Jan 11, 2020, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helle
Been looking for that pinout for a while, thanks.
Jan 12, 2020, 09:11 AM

Channel outputs

I set up a plane with a Lemon Stabilizer+ which uses Channel 8 as Master Gain.
I have that channel controlled via a Mix from S2 rotary.

When I did the initial Bind, it had happened to have channels 1-7 selected (my error, due to copying a template from
another model).

The Master Gain is not responding to that, although the Monitor shows that it is working (prior to entering the multi-protocol box?).
After trying the adjust Master Gain, I changed that to channels 1-8. No difference in behaviour.

I think I know the answer, but would like to confirm it : Does the Bind determine how many channels will be actually
transmittted and therefore you need to re-Bind to alter this?
Jan 12, 2020, 10:06 AM
Re-seating the Ribbon Cable

I am getting intermittent use of the roller key and very intermittent use of the other keys. I think I need to re-seat the ribbon cable - but how?

I assume it is clamped by the connector and somehow I have to release the cable by doing something on the connector. But What?

Hope you can help?

Peter
Jan 12, 2020, 10:10 AM
OpenTX core team
The dark gray part can be gently lifted
Jan 12, 2020, 10:22 AM
FA3PR9WM79
This post intentionally left blank.
Last edited by Oldgazer; Jan 18, 2020 at 06:42 AM.
Jan 12, 2020, 10:35 AM
Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer
Does the Bind determine how many channels will be actually
transmittted and therefore you need to re-Bind to alter this?
When binding Multi is asking the RX to do DSMX 12 channels then the RX replies I can only do this for example DSM2 7 channels. This information is sent to the radio to adjust the model settings DSM 2 7ch.
So the answer is no rebinding will not change anything apart from placing the right values in the GUI for you.
The RX might still be confused if you transmit less or more channels compared to what he is waiting for. So setting the correct number of channels that the RX is expecting and restart it might solve your issue.
Pascal
Jan 12, 2020, 10:45 AM
Pascal

Multi V1.3.0.53

Change Log since latest release 1.3.0.47:
  • Protocol FrSkyX: add bind options CH1-8/CH9-16 & Telem ON/OFF => need an OpenTX nightly build
  • Protocol Flyzone: add channel 5
  • Protocol Bayang RX: improved RX code and timing
  • Protocol FrSky RX: fix bind which could fail if another FrSky TX was transmitting around
  • Protocols using the [email protected] emulation layer (V911S, KF606, GD00x,...): [email protected] is emulated by default with the NRF24L01. If option (freq tune) is different from 0, the CC2500 module (if installed) will be used instead with option being the usual frequency tuning.
  • New protocol Pelikan: number 60, no sub protocol, 8 channels AETR, extended limit supported => still work in progress
  • New protocol Tiger: model Tiger drone 1400782, number 61, no sub protocol, CH5 Flip, CH6 Light
  • Fix erskyTX module status
  • Direct inputs: only available when using PPM and STM32, possibility to solder 2 or 3 position switches on some of the free pins of the STM32 to add more channels
  • XN297Dump: new auto sub protocol, it will automatically:
    • find XN297L packet -> bitrate, scrambling, enhanced...
    • use address to filter incoming packets
    • find all frequencies
    • determine channel order (basic)
    • help to find out the changes by only displaying packets when there is a change in the packet

Please test and report on these changes.

Pascal
Last edited by hpnuts; Jan 12, 2020 at 11:44 AM.
Jan 12, 2020, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnuts
When binding Multi is asking the RX to do DSMX 12 channels then the RX replies I can only do this for example DSM2 7 channels. This information is sent to the radio to adjust the model settings DSM 2 7ch.
So the answer is no rebinding will not change anything apart from placing the right values in the GUI for you.
The RX might still be confused if you transmit less or more channels compared to what he is waiting for. So setting the correct number of channels that the RX is expecting and restart it might solve your issue.
Pascal
Thank you, that is good to know.

There is a lot to OpenTx and by asking even some ""dumb" questions, I learn a lot. I bought the radio mostly because I like learning new things. Thank you, anyone who responds to me, or to others, in this forum.

Quick Reply