Latest blog entry: I'm back!
Jan 10, 2020, 05:41 PM
Well, the child of a divorce.
Jan 10, 2020, 05:41 PM
Flip on Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheCross
From Grayson Hobby

Hobby Porter released it's own version of the Jumper.

Long Story short, Jumper and Hobby Porter were partners during the roll out of the Jumper T16. After a big dispute, the 2 partners split ways but shared the intellectual property and each were allowed to produce a verso T16.

Competition between companies is great for the consumer as each will make enhancements which will benefit all of us.

For those who own the Jumper, no worries sit tight and we will have a big announcement late January.

I can tell you Jumper has been a rock solid company to work with and any warranty issues that arise they are sending warranty parts free of charge to Graysonhobby to fix or to end users almost immediately.

Basil
Jan 10, 2020, 05:44 PM
USAF - retired
Quote:
Big argument on that. To a point we shut down it's thread. Hobby Porter, the wholesale distributor, says no one is authorized yet to offer a pre-order. Alopath and others did that but had their orders canceled and refunded. As far as we can tell it's pending FCC and other finalization before it can be released. It may be a while. But, stay tuned.
Jan 10, 2020, 05:49 PM
Jesus Freak
skimmed through 7 pages of RadioMaster thread and didn't see definitive proof that OTX devs are going to support this, unless it's so identical to the Jumper T16 that it is supported by default and just not listed on the OTX radio support page

Just wondering if it's gonna go the same route as the Jumper T12/T16
Jan 10, 2020, 05:50 PM
Jesus Freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by alopath
well, the child of a divorce.
lol
Jan 10, 2020, 05:53 PM
Hobby Porter was ambiguous, and implied that mere negotiations were being conducted with retail sellers, that none were authorized by it on any basis as of the posting, and that FCC certification had yet to be sought. I infer Hobby Porter May have hired a US contractor to test the radio and apply for FCC certification in the near future. Sum: who knows, and a future promise to deliver what one isn’t authorized to deliver may be....
Jan 10, 2020, 05:57 PM
Flip on Tech
Quote:
skimmed through 7 pages of RadioMaster thread and didn't see definitive proof that OTX devs are going to support this, unless it's so identical to the Jumper T16 that it is supported by default and just not listed on the OTX radio support page

I think someone already confirmed in this thread that they're already in talks with someone with QTX and pascal. If not here, the other Jumper thread.

Good luck.
Jan 10, 2020, 06:44 PM

See post #7987

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollys
I think someone already confirmed in this thread that they're already in talks with someone with QTX and pascal. If not here, the other Jumper thread.

Good luck.
see post 7987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgazer
These new guys are saying this vapor radio is already supported by OpenTX (when it really isn't).

It will be. Both OpenTX and Pascal from the Multiprotocol project have been in direct discussion for the development and feature sets for a few months.
Jan 11, 2020, 02:54 AM
OpenTX core team
Quote:

They are on our donor list as recuring donor, and yes, they have been working with us from day one, and while I cannot talk for the multi team, I believe they have been involved very early too.

Like every radio we do support, they will be listed on the supported product page when a RELEASE version supporting those will be available, but I start wondering if we shoudn't have a 'coming soon' section or something like that.

Due to differences in hardware, this radio will need a firmware of its own and cannot run a t16 firmware for exemple. As development progresses, nightly firmware will become available, and then release, like every other radio.

Because it is a Jumper thread, despitte a rough start, I'll also add that we are continuing to work closely with Jumper, the releastionship is going very well,, and have plans to expand further our support of Jumper products
Jan 11, 2020, 03:31 AM
Pascal
I second 3djc comment. We have a good relationship with both jumper and radiomaster.
I think we will see a number of improvements since they are open to new hardware designs and listen to comments.
Stay tune, Pascal
Latest blog entry: Samson RC Tugboat
Jan 11, 2020, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesn1960
I'm setting up a new Jumper T16 with Crossfire Micro-TX and for some reason the radio does not recognise it.

This is my second T16, the first had a mainboard failure and Jumper are replacing it under warranty. I've been using Crossfire long range TX for many years on my Futaba T14SG and Taranis radios. The Micro-TX I got for my Jumper radios...it did work perfectly on my first T16, that was until the mainboard failed.

Now with my new T16 going through the setting up procedures. It has Opentx16-2.3.4 firmware installed, with all lua scripts. The internal module has V1.2.0.44 firmware installed.

Both my Micro-TX & Micro RX has the lastest firmware installed and are bound. However, when I attempt to run the Jumper T16 crossfire lua script it says it is "Waiting for Crossfire devices" it seems that the radio can not find the crossfire Micro-TX so I'm unable to setup the crossfire system?
I identified the problem, the rear covers module bay doesn't allow the CRSF-TX to seat correctly, it does not sit deep enough for the clips to lock the module in place and therefore the 5 pins do not make positive contact. I found this out by removing cover and tested the module without the radios rear cover and all worked as it should. Not sure how to fix it but I am in contact with Jumper regarding the problem.
Jan 11, 2020, 06:57 AM
USAF - retired
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnuts
I second 3djc comment. We have a good relationship with both jumper and radiomaster.
I think we will see a number of improvements since they are open to new hardware designs and listen to comments.
Stay tune, Pascal
Yes looks potentially to be a good radio. Interesting to see how many folks jump ship this year.

Sent from my HTC M9 using Tapatalk
Jan 11, 2020, 11:34 AM
silently addicted..
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollys
From Grayson Hobby

Hobby Porter released it's own version of the Jumper.

Long Story short, Jumper and Hobby Porter were partners during the roll out of the Jumper T16. After a big dispute, the 2 partners split ways but shared the intellectual property and each were allowed to produce a verso T16.

Competition between companies is great for the consumer as each will make enhancements which will benefit all of us.

For those who own the Jumper, no worries sit tight and we will have a big announcement late January.

I can tell you Jumper has been a rock solid company to work with and any warranty issues that arise they are sending warranty parts free of charge to Graysonhobby to fix or to end users almost immediately.

Basil

Very interesting, thank you for this info!

Quick Reply