Dec 03, 2019, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcurtis2
If your using the INAV Telemetry widget (Version 1.5.0 or newer) follow the install instructions here.

Under the Horus/Jumper T16 section.
Item "g." explains how you enable Restore for your theme text and warning colors.

Rich
Got it thank you
to remove ads between posts
Dec 03, 2019, 02:06 PM
Flight Surgeon
Hey Pascal,

Just wondering, any danger of a DSM/X trainer emulated receiver mode on the MPM like the frsky / flysky ones, much as I dislike Spektrum it's awfully popular
Dec 03, 2019, 02:29 PM
OpenTX core team
I think I can answer this one. It is planned and been worked on
Dec 03, 2019, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfella65
Thanks - I saw that but I don't see why I need to make up a firmware flasher -- surely the bootloader I have on the J16 Pro , internal module, Hall..., should update via Companion, or via the card???
Dec 03, 2019, 04:16 PM
Is it possible to use the wireless trainer link with the internal multi module?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dec 03, 2019, 06:24 PM
I just received my new Jumper with OpenTX 2.3.2 and V1.3.0.44 on the module. This afternoon I bound it to an E-flite UMX Timber. I am only able to get approximately 100 feet of range while doing a check and also flying before I start getting range warnings. Any ideas?
Dec 03, 2019, 06:30 PM
Try updating to 2.3.3 Nightlies
Dec 03, 2019, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by belkerg
I just received my new Jumper with OpenTX 2.3.2 and V1.3.0.44 on the module. This afternoon I bound it to an E-flite UMX Timber. I am only able to get approximately 100 feet of range while doing a check and also flying before I start getting range warnings. Any ideas?
Just be aware that the DSMX brick in the timber isnt really reporting a proper RSSI back to the transmitter - it's reporting on the signal strength of the telemetry, which itself is not full range.
Dec 03, 2019, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshagg2
Just be aware that the DSMX brick in the timber isnt really reporting a proper RSSI back to the transmitter - it's reporting on the signal strength of the telemetry, which itself is not full range.
Thank you mshagg2, that's good to know. So, if I put the Jumper in "Range" test mode and check the control surfaces from that same distance and they are functioning properly, I should be good, right?
Dec 03, 2019, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by belkerg
Thank you mshagg2, that's good to know. So, if I put the Jumper in "Range" test mode and check the control surfaces from that same distance and they are functioning properly, I should be good, right?
Yeah if it satisfies your requirements for a range test, you should be good to go.

You can also reduce the RSSI alarm values to their minimum to reduce the chatter coming from the radio. You'll probably still get 'telemetry lost' 'telemetry recovered' warnings.
Dec 03, 2019, 10:09 PM
I have that on my umx waco....completely disable telemetry warnings.....flew fine.
Dec 03, 2019, 10:35 PM
Good deal, thanks guys!
Dec 04, 2019, 01:11 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnahmia
This may be a stupid question, but when I try to set up a new model on my T16 that has the latest Opentx nightly installed, I get options for plane or helicopter, but no drone.What am I missing?
A drone setup is really no different than a fixed wing setup. It's just a matter of matching your channel order between the Tx and your choosen FC/firmware.
Dec 04, 2019, 01:43 AM
lovin' early retired in 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eury
Is it possible to use the wireless trainer link with the internal multi module?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not without the external module too.
1 module controls the RX in the plane or drone.
The other links to the trainer TX as a wireless RX.
Dec 04, 2019, 03:54 AM

OpenTX upgrade on JT16 Pro

If anyone can help me understand this...

I have a Jumper T16 Pro with internal module, but shipped with the Jumper version of OpenTX.

Does that me I have to update the bootloader on the the module?

And having done that, I'm stuck with a nightlies version of OTX?

Surely there is a stable version for the T16????

Many thanks

R

Quick Reply