Dec 02, 2019, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps50
I seem to be missing the Global Variables or I don't know where they are, not on any Model pages, nor on the System pages. In the settings nogavrs is unchecked, so I'm taking that as they should be there.
FM menu, if youíre using a small screen Taranis e.g. Q X7
to remove ads between posts
Dec 02, 2019, 09:02 AM
Flight Surgeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
How cool is this?

I love this simple looking yet complete layout! My GV1 is an automatic flight counter to keep track of how many flights each plane has. Not sure what else to put up there yet.

https://rc-soar.com/opentx/lua/showitall/index.htm
How do you set up the flight counter GVARs?

Also unrelated, what do the aircraft symbols next to the model in the selection page represent, I've always wondered...
Dec 02, 2019, 09:07 AM
OpenTX core team
Quote:
Originally Posted by FE Obsessed
Also unrelated, what do the aircraft symbols next to the model in the selection page represent, I've always wondered...
They are meant to represent model usage so that your avorite/most used models can be easily found, but we havent made the code behind that yet
Dec 02, 2019, 09:22 AM
Fly Planes, Be Happy 😜
Quote:
How do you set up the flight counter GVARs?

Here is a post on it and and an .otx file for the T16 is down below you can download https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=7163

To get them to display as I have it on the T16 you long hold TELE button and page until you see an option to Setup the top bar then scroll to it and click it. Once there scroll to select "value" and then scroll to select GV1 as the source.
Dec 02, 2019, 10:01 AM

Jumper T16 2.4G 16CH OpenTX Multi-protocol Radio

I recently came across the spectrum analyzer feature in the t16 tx tools menu after upgrading to the latest nightly otx and multi fw versions.Has there been any details on usage? Yes I see the band displayed and one spike Iím sure is something in the band, but not much else until I go to my local field.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Dec 02, 2019, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Sure

You may need to modify the motor arm switch and logical switches to work for yours.

I use SD↑ to allow my motor(s) to run. Once I put SD↑ and the throttle is on for 5 continuous seconds it will increase GV1 by 1 unit. The sticky is held until I go to !SD↑ (throttle cut) so no more flights are counted while I'm flying. The counter is now reset to count again after I arm the motor(s) again, like after a battery change for example. The reason for the 5 seconds before it counts is because I will usually throttle up once before I take off to be sure the motor sound right and I don't want that to count as a flight.

The following video shows it working on my X7

https://youtu.be/S6tdPcevrTs
Very nifty. I will have to add this so I can log flight numbers again without having to keep a spreadsheet.

Similar to the motor time timer I use. Armed + -98 or greater counts up, anything else does not.
Dec 02, 2019, 11:16 AM
FPV Ground Pounder
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3djc
If you are running OpenTX, you can always have a look in version screen and get the options actually installed on your radio
Should have mentioned that I was using Opentx n44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeshellim
FM menu, if youíre using a small screen Taranis e.g. Q X7
Didn't look in FM I was looking for it's own tab

Thanks to all
Dec 02, 2019, 12:35 PM
Flight Surgeon
Quote:
Here is a post on it and and an .otx file for the T16 is down below you can download https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=7163

To get them to display as I have it on the T16 you long hold TELE button and page until you see an option to Setup the top bar then scroll to it and click it. Once there scroll to select "value" and then scroll to select GV1 as the source.
Fantastic, thanks

if we could combine that with this it'd be perfect!

Last edited by FE Obsessed; Dec 02, 2019 at 12:36 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot
Dec 02, 2019, 05:38 PM
Hello again
and first of all thank you for your patience.
What can be wrong in this sequence:
Got a LBT EU X8R receiver.
Connected to external module with the wright cabel (you know + and - changed) and update firmware as external module to NONEU. !strange after writing I had no confirmation of dowload successfull
Tried to bind with my external module XJT in D16 or D8 with no success .... mince
Any Idea ?
Dec 02, 2019, 06:11 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
Quote:
Sure

You may need to modify the motor arm switch and logical switches to work for yours.

I use SD↑ to allow my motor(s) to run. Once I put SD↑ and the throttle is on for 5 continuous seconds it will increase GV1 by 1 unit. The sticky is held until I go to !SD↑ (throttle cut) so no more flights are counted while I'm flying. The counter is now reset to count again after I arm the motor(s) again, like after a battery change for example. The reason for the 5 seconds before it counts is because I will usually throttle up once before I take off to be sure the motor sound right and I don't want that to count as a flight.

The following video shows it working on my X7

https://youtu.be/S6tdPcevrTs
Thanks it works great after a couple of modifications for my setup.
Dec 02, 2019, 06:37 PM
Do you like Sushi?
Hi,
I made a easy mod for solving problem that sliders have fuzzy feeling.
I replaced only sliders, but front pots may using same parts, I'll try it later.

MOD LINK
Last edited by ken2011; Dec 02, 2019 at 08:57 PM.
Dec 02, 2019, 07:11 PM
Fly Planes, Be Happy 😜
Quote:
Fantastic, thanks

if we could combine that with this it'd be perfect!

I have it displayed in the top left of my screen. I haven't messed with it yet, but I'm going to try changing "GV1" to say "Flights" or something. I had it like that before using the Show it All widget so I'm hoping to get it working with the widget. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=7151
Dec 02, 2019, 07:12 PM
Fly Planes, Be Happy 😜
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps50
Thanks it works great after a couple of modifications for my setup.
Sweet, glad you got it working!
Dec 02, 2019, 07:20 PM
1000MIGLIA City - Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by horja
Hello again
and first of all thank you for your patience.
What can be wrong in this sequence:
Got a LBT EU X8R receiver.
Connected to external module with the wright cabel (you know + and - changed) and update firmware as external module to NONEU. !strange after writing I had no confirmation of dowload successfull
Tried to bind with my external module XJT in D16 or D8 with no success .... mince
Any Idea ?
You have to be sure to have last RX firmware
You haveto chose on Tx module setting FRSKY LBT Ch1 CH16
Dec 02, 2019, 11:48 PM

Sd card or hardware issue

This my second post about this issue, sorry about this
when I start my jumper everything load normally voices, widget,model all menu working but when I do "Model Select" I get a generic page with no model name and I Just tried a brand new Sandisk SD (third card) same difference .and before this I checked if the ribbon cable was properly fitted
So is it hardware or some issue in the firmware?
I am aware the card reader can also be the culprit but I don't understand in this case why all the other function are working although I know they may be load in memory before)

Edit
Well I suspect this because of a Widget or lua script because i f I change this particular model for a blank one, and turn the TX off and on the models load with name and I can reproduce the issue by selecting the other model again So I am going to remove all widget on that particular model and brig them back one at the time to find the bad one
Kind of strange but LUA can mess things around, although in openTX simulator I cannot reproduce this behavior.
Last edited by guliver33; Dec 03, 2019 at 12:06 AM.

Quick Reply