Dec 01, 2019, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noircogi
The first thing to check on a T16 is the seating of the ribbon cables. They're highly error-prone.
I took the Radio apart, and the ribbon cable for the display was crooked on the main board. redid it, and it is working again. Thank you.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2019, 06:37 PM
Madrid, Spain

the ribbon cables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noircogi
The first thing to check on a T16 is the seating of the ribbon cables. They're highly error-prone.
These cables have already given me 2 errors, and it is fixed simply by releasing them and putting them back in place.
I am considering changing them all for others if there is more quality.
Dec 01, 2019, 06:40 PM
Fly Planes, Be Happy 😜
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseluna3009
I have updated to the latest version of OpenTx and tried to configure the frsky s8r receiver.
I couldn't (sdcard-jumper-t16-2.3V0023) because inside the SxR Calibrate folder of the SD there was no SxR.lua file. Only SxR Calibrate.lua appeared.
I have copied it from an earlier version of T16 and put it in the folder and now I have been able to calibrate it and it seems that everything works perfectly.
I imagine they would have omitted it for some reason, but apparently everything works fine.
Mine is number 05 in the "TOOLS" folder for setting up the receiver after calibration.
Dec 01, 2019, 06:59 PM
1000MIGLIA City - Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
Mine is number 05 in the "TOOLS" folder for setting up the receiver after calibration.
The calibration is sxr_calibration.lua
Positioning this file in TOOL will you find in tool.

The file you got now in TOOL is for programming the device.
Dec 01, 2019, 07:08 PM
Hi, I am having issues trying to update my 4in1 internal module FW to address the DSM issue before I start using with DSM RXs.

The 4in1 has the v1.2.1.85 and I am trying to us the OpenTX 2.3.3 nightly build companion software. I currently have the OpenTX 2.3.2 firmware on a recently shipped T16 Pro. I get an invalid board error when I try to download the firmware.

Assistance appreciated!
Dec 01, 2019, 07:31 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
How cool is this?

I love this simple looking yet complete layout! My GV1 is an automatic flight counter to keep track of how many flights each plane has. Not sure what else to put up there yet.

https://rc-soar.com/opentx/lua/showitall/index.htm
Care to share how you did the flight counter?
Dec 01, 2019, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlebuoy
Hi, I am having issues trying to update my 4in1 internal module FW to address the DSM issue before I start using with DSM RXs.

The 4in1 has the v1.2.1.85 and I am trying to us the OpenTX 2.3.3 nightly build companion software. I currently have the OpenTX 2.3.2 firmware on a recently shipped T16 Pro. I get an invalid board error when I try to download the firmware.

Assistance appreciated!
enable nightly support.
Dec 01, 2019, 08:11 PM
Fly Planes, Be Happy 😜
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps50
Care to share how you did the flight counter?
Sure

You may need to modify the motor arm switch and logical switches to work for yours.

I use SD↑ to allow my motor(s) to run. Once I put SD↑ and the throttle is on for 5 continuous seconds it will increase GV1 by 1 unit. The sticky is held until I go to !SD↑ (throttle cut) so no more flights are counted while I'm flying. The counter is now reset to count again after I arm the motor(s) again, like after a battery change for example. The reason for the 5 seconds before it counts is because I will usually throttle up once before I take off to be sure the motor sound right and I don't want that to count as a flight.

The following video shows it working on my X7

OpenTx flight timers, flight counter, and throttle cut (2 min 36 sec)
Dec 01, 2019, 10:04 PM

Jumper T16 2.4G 16CH OpenTX Multi-protocol Radio

Iíve flashed the latest (2 days ago) multi module (internal) fw thatís supposed to deal with dsm issues.
It did solve binding to my orange 615 receivers I could before.
Today I tried binding to a umx type receiver in a small Pitts I have and it seemed to but no control. I have flown it with a IrangeX module in my QX7.
Of course Iíll try this all again to see if I missed something with the plane or T16.
I will ask if others are having success binding and flying dsm2/x umx receiver planes. Iíll also try the IrangeX 4 in 1 module in my t16 since I havenít and should since I have it.

Update! Works great now at home. I think I know the problem. The umx receiver would NOT go into the bind mode at my busy Spektrum dominated field I tried flying at today. I hadnít rebound the plane in 8 mo and at that time it was to the IrangeX module I have been using that works.
It seems the receiver wouldnít go into bind or somehow blind to one of the flyers tx? Checking with a friend that was with me he confirmed that he saw my plane surfaces following another flyer plane as it flew? That would have to mean he had just bound when I was trying it I have the same RX number bound from my IrangeX module? That is supposed to be rare is at all?
In any case itís now at home, bound to my umx Pitts plane and Iíll do some further testing with a actual Spektrum tx I have as well as the IrangeX module in my qx7 to see what happens.
At the moment Iím blaming trying to bind at the field. That too will be tried again. Could just be operator error at that moment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Last edited by showmaster; Dec 02, 2019 at 12:38 AM.
Dec 01, 2019, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by showmaster
Iíve flashed the latest (2 days ago) multi module (internal) fw thatís supposed to deal with dsm issues.
It did solve binding to my orange 615 receivers I could before.
Today I tried binding to a umx type receiver in a small Pitts I have and it seemed to but no control. I have flown it with a IrangeX module in my QX7.
Of course Iíll try this all again to see if I missed something with the plane or T16.
I will ask if others are having success binding and flying dsm2/x umx receiver planes. Iíll also try the IrangeX 4 in 1 module in my t16 since I havenít and should since I have it.

I haven't had any problems binding with the Timber UMX (dsmx 22ms) on any version of the internal module fw (currently 1.3.0.45).
Dec 01, 2019, 11:48 PM
Mark Harrison
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas J.
And you know someone had success with other 2 ways?
If done correct by frsky I think the only way is to replace CPU... I'm not crypto expert or programmer, but... I think, even lib_access can be made opensource. Idea is: module sends random 16 byte request to mainboard, library (even opensource) encodes using 439 CPU crypto functions and sends answer back. Module waits only necessary time for answer (e.g. 50 ms) - that way you cannot calculate answer even with opensource library using 429 CPU...

Correct me if I wrong, but I see one "another way" to upload X10S Express ISRM firmware into upgrade ISRM (if frsky done weak protection (as LBT/FCC switching)), another - generate request - answer table, if request sequence isn't random ( or worse - the same after power on...)
Is there some place I can look to see more details of this?
Dec 02, 2019, 01:08 AM
OpenTX core team
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosnik
The calibration is sxr_calibration.lua
Positioning this file in TOOL will you find in tool.

The file you got now in TOOL is for programming the device.
There is a calibration process that needs to be done only once when you first get the receiver, and only once. The script for that is at the root of the SD card.

Then there is a different, more operational tool that allow you to set control direction, strengh, offset,... that one is in tools
Dec 02, 2019, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhax01
I haven't had any problems binding with the Timber UMX (dsmx 22ms) on any version of the internal module fw (currently 1.3.0.45).

Thanks I have the same fw version.

I updated my comments to say that itís working fine binding at home.
I added some strange issues but for now Iím good until I both range test and fly it at my busy Spektrum field.

Dec 02, 2019, 01:35 AM
FPV Ground Pounder
I seem to be missing the Global Variables or I don't know where they are, not on any Model pages, nor on the System pages. In the settings nogavrs is unchecked, so I'm taking that as they should be there.
Dec 02, 2019, 01:40 AM
OpenTX core team
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps50
I seem to be missing the Global Variables or I don't know where they are, not on any Model pages, nor on the System pages. In the settings nogavrs is unchecked, so I'm taking that as they should be there.
If you are running OpenTX, you can always have a look in version screen and get the options actually installed on your radio

Quick Reply