Nov 30, 2019, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshagg2
JumperTX is/was a fork of OpenTX, which was necessary as OpenTX didnt natively support the radio.

Notwithstanding the caveat that the nightly builds of OpenTX are experimental, I would strongly suggest going straight to OpenTX. Functionaly the operating system is the same to use, but models created in JumperTX shouldnt be ported to OpenTX, on advice from the OpenTX devs.

So, save yourself some trouble and create your models in OpenTX to begin with.

The only catch is, you will want an up to date firmware on your internal module, if you have one. Depending on what version yours shipped with, this can be easy or not-so-easy lol.

Tmac's videos are some of the best out there IMO, and he covers all of this. He's a great teacher.
I did not know what you just told me. So now I am stuck for a while. You are saying if I want to update , and I do have an internal module only, it would be best to go straight to OpenTX? Ok, but I understand there is not a viable OpenTX firmware. Would it not be best to wait until the official OpenTX is available before I update to that? If I were to put in a few models with JumperTX I could just remove them before I update firmware to the OpenTX?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 30, 2019, 08:29 PM
Just do the update to opentx now. I don't understand people's reluctance to switch to opentx. the nightly opentx builds are better than whatever jumper loaded on there. even jumper has switched to opentx for recent deliveries.

you really should do the internal module upgrade too. the first time is a pain but after that it will be much easier.
Nov 30, 2019, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derelicte
Just do the update to opentx now. I don't understand people's reluctance to switch to opentx. the nightly opentx builds are better than whatever jumper loaded on there. even jumper has switched to opentx for recent deliveries.

you really should do the internal module upgrade too. the first time is a pain but after that it will be much easier.
I started reading about the JumperTX two weeks ago. I see where Jumper is heading. I am not reluctant to switch, that is why I am reading an looking at videos to learn. And as well asking questions here. I will look back and see where the nightly download can be found.

Consider that all these terminologies are foreign to new comers. Now if I had someone ion out club to work with this would be much easier.

I have read much but I don't know what you are talking about when you say do an internal moduoe upgrade. See, I thought I was heading in the right direction and that then you threw me a curve so to say. I was at the place I was trying to figure out which firmware I needed to update up per manuals first instructions. That entailed figuring out if I had a bootloader, and which module I am working on, finding the right screen etc. That is all automatic to you .

My transmitter came I guess with an internal module only. The module opening in the back has a blank module in it. I received the original Jumper by mistake, I ordered the Pro. I am familiar with the module the Re T16 emblem transmitter had in the back and guys were installing their interior modules. So now that I have only this one module inside the transmitter must I do an internal module upgrade of some sort? or firmware of some sort?

This is where I start to feel stupid. There are to many variables going on right now with the different Jumper transmitters out there and upgrades and firmware changes for different stages of their development. So some answers don't seem to fit my questions from where I am at and the transmitter I have.

I will continue to sort this out and if guys are willing to a answer a question that will help me from where I am it will be great. I am going by the philosophy that there is no stupid question.
Last edited by Hoosier37; Nov 30, 2019 at 11:29 PM.
Dec 01, 2019, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier37
My transmitter came I guess with an internal module only. The module opening in the back has a blank module in it. I received the original Jumper by mistake, I ordered the Pro. I am familiar with the module the Re T16 emblem transmitter had in the back and guys were installing their interior modules. So now that I have only this one module inside the transmitter must I do an internal module upgrade of some sort? or firmware of some sort?

This is where I start to feel stupid. There are to many variables going on right now with the different Jumper transmitters out there and upgrades and firmware changes for different stages of their development. So some answers don't seem to fit my questions from where I am at and the transmitter I have.
No, you're definitely on the right track. The internal module is a multi protocol module, just like the external module which the original Jumper T16 shipped with. The firmware for the module is open source and maintained by some amazing developers who make regular contributions right here in this thread.

The nightly builds of OpenTX want the internal module to have a fairly recent version of said firmware.

Now, the problem is, some of the earlier variants of the internal module didnt ship with a bootloader installed. This means you cannot update the module through OpenTX - you will need to create a physical interface (USB to serial adapter) to update the module and install a bootloader.

We cant guess what version your internal module has. - so, first priority is to identify this yourself. If you enter the 'model' screen on your radio where you select the protocol and bind the transmitter to a receiver, it will display the version of the firmware installed on the internal module. With this piece of information, we can advise you of the next steps.
Dec 01, 2019, 04:26 AM
Quote:
I did not know what you just told me. So now I am stuck for a while. You are saying if I want to update , and I do have an internal module only, it would be best to go straight to OpenTX? Ok, but I understand there is not a viable OpenTX firmware. Would it not be best to wait until the official OpenTX is available before I update to that? If I were to put in a few models with JumperTX I could just remove them before I update firmware to the OpenTX?
My Jumper T16 has the internal module without the bootloader, I wanted to transfer my models from a Taranis X9d so I flashed OpenTX 2.2.4 to my T16 and everything works fine , you flash it as a Horus10. I loaded the sd card contents for 2.2.4 at the same time.
With this done I have download sound packs so the T16 now operates exactly the same as the Taranis does with all my models and settings in place.
I will flash my internal module eventually but will probably wait until the official stable version of 2.3 is published
If you go this route any models you set up now will work fine with future updates and won’t be wasted.

Rob
Dec 01, 2019, 04:29 AM
OpenTX core team
Bad bad bad idea ....
Dec 01, 2019, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romushok
That is very nice, the Knobs alone look a lot better but I'm afraid I'm also using the external mod so that rules this mod out of the question...bugger.
Dec 01, 2019, 09:28 AM
Quote:
There are to many variables going on right now with the different Jumper transmitters out there and upgrades and firmware changes for different stages of their development. So some answers don't seem to fit my questions from where I am at and the transmitter I have.
Break it down into manageable pieces and you'll be fine.
  • Start by flashing OpenTX nightly.
  • When OpenTX is working, that's the time to address the MPM firmware.

You can forget about any JumperTX setups you've created, as there is no official endorsed method of transferring them to OpenTX (which is why it makes sense to move to OTX asap).
Dec 01, 2019, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3djc
Out of the 3 ways I know to achieve that, this is by far the one I was expecting least, and also the more difficult. I'm not too sure why anyone would want ACCESS, but congrats anyway
And you know someone had success with other 2 ways?
If done correct by frsky I think the only way is to replace CPU... I'm not crypto expert or programmer, but... I think, even lib_access can be made opensource. Idea is: module sends random 16 byte request to mainboard, library (even opensource) encodes using 439 CPU crypto functions and sends answer back. Module waits only necessary time for answer (e.g. 50 ms) - that way you cannot calculate answer even with opensource library using 429 CPU...

Correct me if I wrong, but I see one "another way" to upload X10S Express ISRM firmware into upgrade ISRM (if frsky done weak protection (as LBT/FCC switching)), another - generate request - answer table, if request sequence isn't random ( or worse - the same after power on...)
Dec 01, 2019, 12:09 PM
1000MIGLIA City - Italy
Just for info.
New opentx_t16_en_191120.bin on Jumpertx website
https://www.jumper.xyz/portal.php?mod=view&aid=17

I suoppose is one old OTX nightly inspired version.
One .24 dedicade SD version is there too.

Sure I not will test it.
Dec 01, 2019, 01:43 PM
Fly Planes, Be Happy 😜
How cool is this?

I love this simple looking yet complete layout! My GV1 is an automatic flight counter to keep track of how many flights each plane has. Not sure what else to put up there yet.

https://rc-soar.com/opentx/lua/showitall/index.htm
Dec 01, 2019, 01:56 PM
Help,
I have been using my T16 for everything, and got to flying today and I turn it on and I only get a white screen. Any quick fixes?
Dec 01, 2019, 02:17 PM
what do ya'll think of my gimbal spring changing methods?

How To Change Gimbal Springs (16 min 36 sec)
Dec 01, 2019, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uff-Da RC
Help,
I have been using my T16 for everything, and got to flying today and I turn it on and I only get a white screen. Any quick fixes?
The first thing to check on a T16 is the seating of the ribbon cables. They're highly error-prone.
Dec 01, 2019, 06:30 PM
Madrid, Spain

Receiver S8R for OpenTX nightlies

I have updated to the latest version of OpenTx and tried to configure the frsky s8r receiver.
I couldn't (sdcard-jumper-t16-2.3V0023) because inside the SxR Calibrate folder of the SD there was no SxR.lua file. Only SxR Calibrate.lua appeared.
I have copied it from an earlier version of T16 and put it in the folder and now I have been able to calibrate it and it seems that everything works perfectly.
I imagine they would have omitted it for some reason, but apparently everything works fine.

Quick Reply