Nov 30, 2019, 10:27 AM
OpenTX core team
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
It's the MDL key you can use to get to the monitor while in the menu, not RTN.
And in case you wonder kenstick, that obviously still works in N57 (or any version for that matter)
to remove ads between posts
Nov 30, 2019, 10:30 AM
I also use the monitor with RTN button. It is faster than with roller. My T16 now runs on N55. I will try N57 after returning home
Nov 30, 2019, 10:46 AM

S1&S2 popup pots

Jumper T16 popup S1&S2 potentiometers. (1 min 36 sec)

Details here.
Nov 30, 2019, 10:51 AM
OpenTX core team
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlapa
I also use the monitor with RTN button. It is faster than with roller. My T16 now runs on N55. I will try N57 after returning home
Then it probably means your flat wires have moved a little and something is wrong hardware wise. Because RTN has never done that
Nov 30, 2019, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
It's the MDL key you can use to get to the monitor while in the menu, not RTN.
Yes I see that there now. It changed . It was the return.. It works the same. You can switch back and forth without loosing position where you where.
Nov 30, 2019, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3djc
Then it probably means your flat wires have moved a little and something is wrong hardware wise. Because RTN has never done that
My buddy has a new Jumper Pro. with Jumper Tx. Never used yet or upgraded and I will do a video of it how return long press worked.
It worked with N28 too with 2.3.2
Last edited by kenstick; Nov 30, 2019 at 06:22 PM.
Nov 30, 2019, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlapa
I went from N28 straight to N56 and that is when it changed.
Last edited by kenstick; Nov 30, 2019 at 06:22 PM.
Nov 30, 2019, 01:35 PM
My new Jumper has firmware version 2.3.0. The manual says first thing is to update firmware. What is the latest version of jumper TX? I thought it was 2.2.3.

I see JumperTX Bootloader when move trims in and open up my transmitter. . I guess that means I am OK to use the SD card for updates.

I am seeing a firmware version mentioned 2.3.3 here. Is that for Open TX?

I know this is a very basic question but need to get my head straight on the JumperTX vs OpenTX.

You don't realize what it is to learn something new. Even the battery set up stuff, type, balancing and charging was new to me. Never saw that type battery. Thanks to BobAZ it was made easy for me. I have all winter to learn this Jumper-Open tx stuff. Already another question popped into my mind. See you later. Thanks.
Special thanks to TMacFPV.
Last edited by Hoosier37; Nov 30, 2019 at 01:50 PM.
Nov 30, 2019, 01:38 PM
OpenTX core team
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier37
My new Jumper has firmware version 2.3.0. What is the latest version of jumper TX?

I thought it was 2.2.3. I am seeing 2.3.3 here.

Is that for Open TX?

I know this is a very basic question but need to get my head straight on the JumperTX vs the OpenTX.
2.2.3 and 2.3.0 for t16 are JumperTX versions

OpenTX one are 2.3.2 for the preinstalled ones , and 2.3.3 nightly for lastest versions
Nov 30, 2019, 01:49 PM
[QUOTE=3djc;43276663]2.2.3 and 2.3.0 for t16 are JumperTX versions

OpenTX one are 2.3.2 for the preinstalled ones , and 2.3.3 nightly for lastest versions[/QU

Thank you. One down and 100 more questions to go. lol
Nov 30, 2019, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier37
I know this is a very basic question but need to get my head straight on the JumperTX vs OpenTX.
JumperTX is/was a fork of OpenTX, which was necessary as OpenTX didnt natively support the radio.

Notwithstanding the caveat that the nightly builds of OpenTX are experimental, I would strongly suggest going straight to OpenTX. Functionaly the operating system is the same to use, but models created in JumperTX shouldnt be ported to OpenTX, on advice from the OpenTX devs.

So, save yourself some trouble and create your models in OpenTX to begin with.

The only catch is, you will want an up to date firmware on your internal module, if you have one. Depending on what version yours shipped with, this can be easy or not-so-easy lol.

Tmac's videos are some of the best out there IMO, and he covers all of this. He's a great teacher.
Nov 30, 2019, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessyjames
Hi guys,

Yesterday i did it. I desolder the Proz of my T16 and solder a 32F439 to it.And now the ACCESS upgrade module works in my T16

Here are some Pictures.
Very nice work! Did you use a hot air rework station?
Nov 30, 2019, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessyjames
Hi guys,

Yesterday i did it. I desolder the Proz of my T16 and solder a 32F439 to it.And now the ACCESS upgrade module works in my T16

Here are some Pictures.
I can't imagine how you can do it. This is extremely incredible!
Nov 30, 2019, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufo
Very nice work! Did you use a hot air rework station?
Yes for unsolder.(or is it desolder in english?) . To solder the new stm i used the solder iron with 2mm tip.
Nov 30, 2019, 07:20 PM
Very nice work Jessyjames, very nice.

Your English is very good; as for desolder, this is the act of removing solder from a part. To unsolder, that is removing the part from the board. Both tend to be used interchangeably but it is generally not correct to do so. However, it is often overlooked as most readers understand what the writer means.

Quick Reply