Nov 26, 2019, 04:21 PM
I have done that same shielding on the inside of my guitar bodies to reduce EMI getting to the pickups. Jumper should consider a spray on coating if that solves the problem.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 26, 2019, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonafidepirate
This morning, I did a thing... lol Most of the problems I show in the earlier video are resolved with this shielding in the back cover. I'll record another quick video showing it when I have time. This does look promising so far though!

I used some 3M 1245 tape specifically designed for EMI shielding. https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-...4857497&rt=rud Look close and you can see I soldered a wire next to the ground pin at the battery connector, and the other end is soldered to a bit of the copper tape that covers one of the posts, so it grounds the back cover when it's assembled.
Here is a cheaper (Option) copper foil tape that I have used in the past with great success. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ASBR1GKG&psc=1
Nov 26, 2019, 04:48 PM
!= International Arms Dealer
Quote:
This morning, I did a thing... lol Most of the problems I show in the earlier video are resolved with this shielding in the back cover. I'll record another quick video showing it when I have time. This does look promising so far though!

I used some 3M 1245 tape specifically designed for EMI shielding. https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-...4857497&rt=rud Look close and you can see I soldered a wire next to the ground pin at the battery connector, and the other end is soldered to a bit of the copper tape that covers one of the posts, so it grounds the back cover when it's assembled.
I ordered the same tape from Mouser but haven't received it yet. Lol you beat me.

I figured that shielding the back-case would make a difference. Looking forward to seeing your followup video!
Nov 26, 2019, 04:49 PM
Cruising at 399ft AGL
Quote:
Originally Posted by aahwhatever2
Here is a cheaper (Option) copper foil tape that I have used in the past with great success. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ASBR1GKG&psc=1

I didn't realize the 3M stuff is that expensive, I didn't buy it... lol It was left over from another project. I seem to remember the roll I have not costing that much though. I'm sure the cheaper stuff will work just fine, I'd at least try it before spending a much of money on the expensive one.
Nov 26, 2019, 05:09 PM
Do you like Sushi?
It shoud be okay even a cheap Aluminium tape. It is used frequently to EMI shild for some electric products. To connect to GND of Tx, Attach small copper tape that soldered some wire.
Nov 26, 2019, 07:06 PM
Cruising at 399ft AGL
Jumper T16, 433 Fixed? (10 min 28 sec)
Nov 26, 2019, 07:47 PM
Same here...looks like its solved now!

Enviado de meu SM-G930F usando o Tapatalk
Nov 26, 2019, 07:54 PM
Jacek
Hi,
I am a bit confused with Frsky's ACCESS protocol.
Is R9M module with ACCESS-FLEX firmware gonna work with current T16 nightlies, or will it work in the future at all?
I don't see R9FLEX option for external module in T16 menus fw 2.3.3N54.
Nov 26, 2019, 07:59 PM
Waiting for the next clear day
FrSky will make it very hard for the Jumper to work with any Access receiver. I won't say impossible, but who knows. I know that they implemented encrypted comms between the radio and receiver. I beleive this is in an attempt to stop Jumper (and others like them) from using the Access protocol.

Tony
Nov 26, 2019, 08:01 PM
I did that copper tape application on mine before hoping to resolve my Dragonlink telemetry range issues. Perhaps that's why I never saw the radio have issues. Even with that and the bigger bypass capacitor, I still get about a 30% reduction in telemetry range though.

I'd love to see some Dragonlink telemetry range tests with the newer T16 mainboard with more bypass capacitors.
Nov 26, 2019, 09:27 PM
A jumper pro multi module flash question.
I have a ftdi programmer with the option of 3.3v or 5v. However from the way I see the 5 pin connector wires (white and green) connected, I donít see any mention of the voltage on the programmer.
Can someone clarify if voltage is a problem or handled with the 2 wires connected together? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Nov 26, 2019, 09:31 PM
I don't have CP2102 or FDTI adapter here, but i used to flash miniosd via flight controller betaflight serial passthrough, can i used that same method to flash internal multimodule?
The only things I afraid is all the tutorial warning to use adapter at 3.3v, with the FC I can't not confirm this.
Nov 26, 2019, 10:16 PM
I think you can just power the module by turning on the transmitter and connect the ground wire from your flasher but not the power. Don't know if you can flash through the FC. Does it show up as a comm port on your computer?
Nov 26, 2019, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea3342
I think you can just power the module by turning on the transmitter and connect the ground wire from your flasher but not the power. Don't know if you can flash through the FC. Does it show up as a comm port on your computer?
Yes, it's betaflight serial passthrough.
But to advoid the risk, i just order a CP2102 adapter for peace of mind.
Nov 26, 2019, 11:22 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Thanks for the update. That sure looks promising. Of course I just set up my DL Tx to operate off a repeater to move it further away from the Tx...using a Frsky XM+ Rx to feed the SBus signal to the DL. On the up side I can leave my R9M installed in the Jumper now vs swapping between R9M and DL. I'll see how I like the repeater setup. Maybe even do the copper taping thing anyway...just in case.

Quick Reply