Nov 16, 2019, 10:24 AM

T16 JR bay pinout -future dev-

Are there plans in OpenTX 2.3.2 ( or 2.4) to have pin "heartbeat" as CPPM / SBUS input? (If hardware can support it, of course)
Thus allowing to plug a receiver not (yet) supported as **RX in the multimodule? . (here FASST)
And so have Master/CPPM - Master/SBUS options......
gr.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 16, 2019, 10:41 AM
OpenTX core team
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanD3
Are there plans in OpenTX 2.3.2 ( or 2.4) to have pin "heartbeat" as CPPM / SBUS input? (If hardware can support it, of course)
Thus allowing to plug a receiver not (yet) supported as **RX in the multimodule? . (here FASST)
And so have Master/CPPM - Master/SBUS options......
gr.
It's not a no, but for the same reason as Horus, is not overly likely yes either, even less now that multi offers that RX feature
Nov 16, 2019, 11:07 AM
Beach Bum

T16 minus its screws

Turned the T16 into a pile of parts..

A while later, perfection!
Cost $10
Nov 16, 2019, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3djc
It's not a no, but for the same reason as Horus, is not overly likely yes either, even less now that multi offers that RX feature
Thank's for this quick reply, 3djc
I understand the limitations, but Multimodule has no native FASST chip, so for this case to have "FASST-RX" function in multimodule, maybe software emulation? maybe too slow?
(nb: I have my QX7 that do the FASST master job for now. Having it on T16 was a nice thinking)
Nov 16, 2019, 11:11 AM
The reason I won't do the carbon front is that they couldn't make the carbon pastern straight. Look on the left side how it curves. That bugs me how they could pass that as being okay.
If they made it all black I would get one.
Last edited by kenstick; Nov 16, 2019 at 11:21 AM.
Nov 16, 2019, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve FliesLow

Cost $10
Any problems with the ribbon cable clips?
Nov 16, 2019, 11:20 AM
Beach Bum
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstick
The reason I won't do the carbon front is that they couldn't make the carbon pastern straight. Look on the left side how it curves. That bugs me how they could pass that as being okay.
If they made it all black I would get one.
Did not notice that, thanks a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea3342
Any problems with the ribbon cable clips?
No, I left everything connected. Just removed gimbals since they have plugs, and haptic motor plug.
Nov 16, 2019, 11:23 AM
casual park flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve FliesLow

Cost $10
That looks nice Steve. I'm old school and don't really care for the carbon fiber look that's popular these days. I do like the look of the the X10 amber however and wouldn't mind emulating that on the T16. Thought about getting a regular replacement faceplate and painting that either o.d. or a desert tan to make it look military to go with my warbirds. Someone should be offering an assortment of skins soon I should think.

But yes Steve yours looks very nice.
Nov 16, 2019, 12:33 PM
Ardupilot Lead Testing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanD3
Thank's for this quick reply, 3djc
I understand the limitations, but Multimodule has no native FASST chip, so for this case to have "FASST-RX" function in multimodule, maybe software emulation? maybe too slow?
(nb: I have my QX7 that do the FASST master job for now. Having it on T16 was a nice thinking)
I agree about the FASST protocol, there's a PR about that:

https://github.com/opentx/opentx/pull/5518
Nov 16, 2019, 01:10 PM
@hpnuts
I just flashed 1.3.0.44 and in the model setup it says
Module Status [...] ETAR

However I flashed the TAER version ... is that correct? :-/
Nov 16, 2019, 01:16 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
Updated the firmware on my T16 Pro with 2.3.3n44 using Companion n44 flash seemed to go well no warning messages, said Succeeded when finished, did this trough the bootloader screen via USB. After flashing & dismounting drives, removed the USB cable and power cycled. Radio would not boot the leds on the switches would flash across several times then quit. Happened before using Companion n42. Flashed with power off and all is good. Is this a bug or am I missing something.
O_o
deleted
Last edited by SaGo; Nov 16, 2019 at 04:05 PM.
OpenTX core team
I have AETR on both of my modules, it displays that fine, so unsure what is happening on your side
Nov 16, 2019, 01:23 PM
OpenTX core team
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps50
Updated the firmware on my T16 Pro with 2.3.3n44 using Companion n44 flash seemed to go well no warning messages, said Succeeded when finished, did this trough the bootloader screen via USB. After flashing & dismounting drives, removed the USB cable and power cycled. Radio would not boot the leds on the switches would flash across several times then quit. Happened before using Companion n42. Flashed with power off and all is good. Is this a bug or am I missing something.
Usb flashing is dependent on the quality of the usb cable. And yes, there are a lot of reliability issues with it ! My personal preference is to copy the firmware file on the sdcard in FIRMWARE directory,and flash from there with bootloader
Nov 16, 2019, 01:26 PM
Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty707
@hpnuts
I just flashed 1.3.0.44 and in the model setup it says
Module Status [...] ETAR

However I flashed the TAER version ... is that correct? :-/
There is a mistake somewhere in the code in either OpenTX or Multi for the channel order display... Do not pay attention to it for now.
I'll push a change at some point.
Pascal

Quick Reply