Thread Tools
Oct 29, 2019, 01:21 PM
Registered User
I just received my Jumper internal multi-protocol module. Does anyone know how to wire Boot, 3.3v, RX and TX pins to Arduino Uno for updating the bootloader?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 29, 2019, 01:32 PM
Waiting for the next clear day
A question for those in the know: I have a T16 Pro that has been updated with the 1.2.1.85 MPM firmware (AETR version) with the bootloader and I've installed the OpenTX 2.3 nightly builds. I'm curious, can I change the MPM firmware to the TAER version through OpenTX, or do I need the serial plug directly into the MPM?

Tony
Oct 29, 2019, 01:35 PM
OpenTX core team
3djc's Avatar
If your module has a bootloader, then yes you can flash it to anything you want using OpenTX on t16
Oct 29, 2019, 01:45 PM
Registered User
Deleted
Oct 29, 2019, 02:02 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnuts
I haven't updated this section yet... For OpenTX nightlies, put the bin file on the sdcard firmware directory, use on the radio the sdcard manager, click on the file and select upgrade.
Pascal
Ah ok, means that all described steps are not required.

Now, I've stored the custom created multiprotocol firmware file (filename mulit-stm-1.2.186.bin) to the FIRMWARE folder of the SD card. Then, I've long pressed the button and selected "Flash Internal Multi".

Following message appears:
NEEDS FILE
stm-opentx-noinv
[RTN]

Note:

What's wrong now?
Oct 29, 2019, 02:05 PM
Registered User
stevea3342's Avatar
did you try renaming your bin file to stm-opentx-noinv ?
Last edited by stevea3342; Oct 29, 2019 at 02:41 PM.
Oct 29, 2019, 02:08 PM
OpenTX core team
3djc's Avatar
You probably have left invert telem property in multi config.h where internal t16 module does not work with inverted. So you need to comment out #define INVERT _TELEMETRY, recompile and you should be able to flash
Oct 29, 2019, 02:10 PM
OpenTX core team
3djc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea3342
did you try renaming your bin file to stm-opentx-noinv ?
you cannot trick OpenTX like that, young Padawan ! A non invert firmware is required for internal module
Oct 29, 2019, 02:21 PM
Registered User
stevea3342's Avatar
I thought perhaps the flashing utility expected a specific name.

Ps These aren't the droids you are looking for.
Oct 29, 2019, 02:32 PM
Ben Lye
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampmam
I just received my Jumper internal multi-protocol module. Does anyone know how to wire Boot, 3.3v, RX and TX pins to Arduino Uno for updating the bootloader?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...irmware-Update

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
Oct 29, 2019, 02:39 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3djc
You probably have left invert telem property in multi config.h where internal t16 module does not work with inverted. So you need to comment out #define INVERT _TELEMETRY, recompile and you should be able to flash
Thanks a lot. Now it's working.

But in config.h is described just the other way. Or is my English so bad?

---------------------------
//Comment to invert the polarity of the output telemetry serial signal.
//This function takes quite some flash space and processor power on an atmega.
//For OpenTX it must be uncommented.
//On a 9XR_PRO running ersky9x both commented and uncommented will work depending on the radio setting Invert COM1 under the Telemetry menu.
//On other addon/replacement boards like the 9xtreme board or the Ar9x board running ersky9x, you need to uncomment the line below.
//For er9x it depends if you have an inveter mod or not on the telemetry pin. If you don't have an inverter comment this line.
//#define INVERT_TELEMETRY
---------------------------
Oct 29, 2019, 02:40 PM
Registered User
Does it matter which you do first the internal module bootloader upload & firmware update OR the radio (transmitter) OpenTX nightly build firmware update (i.,e. do you need to upload internal module bootloader and update its firmware first or doesn't it matter)
Oct 29, 2019, 02:46 PM
OpenTX core team
3djc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbi
Thanks a lot. Now it's working.

But in config.h is described just the other way. Or is my English so bad?

---------------------------
//Comment to invert the polarity of the output telemetry serial signal.
//This function takes quite some flash space and processor power on an atmega.
//For OpenTX it must be uncommented.
//On a 9XR_PRO running ersky9x both commented and uncommented will work depending on the radio setting Invert COM1 under the Telemetry menu.
//On other addon/replacement boards like the 9xtreme board or the Ar9x board running ersky9x, you need to uncomment the line below.
//For er9x it depends if you have an inveter mod or not on the telemetry pin. If you don't have an inverter comment this line.
//#define INVERT_TELEMETRY
---------------------------
This was written with external module in mind who require invert, even on t16 unlike the internal multi who does not
Oct 29, 2019, 02:52 PM
casual park flyer
52Sabre's Avatar
...
Last edited by 52Sabre; Oct 29, 2019 at 03:00 PM.
Oct 29, 2019, 02:56 PM
casual park flyer
52Sabre's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstick
Here is my 21700 5000 Mah batteries setup. Fits nice little more room on top. I put a little hole on the bottom and it closes easy.
The added weight is nice.
ok, I've got the batteries. I'm assuming they are wired up exactly the same as in Bob's kit. Same charger, etc. So where would I get the shrink wrap?


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Jumper T12 Open Source 16ch Radio with JP4-in-1 Multi-protocol RF Module Hobby Porter Radios 735 Nov 07, 2019 03:58 PM