Sep 18, 2019, 07:40 AM
ancora imparo
I'm pretty sure this is what I bought.

U.FL to RP-SMA-female Cable: 1-inch, 2-in, 3-in, 4-inch, 5-inch, 6-inch

Their website is here

https://www.data-alliance.net/

I filled out the options and the order showed:

(Cable length: 3 inches, Rubber O-ring: No, Longer RP-SMA-f: No, Cable thickness: 1.13mm: Thin, flexible)

They work perfectly.

John
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2019, 07:42 AM
Thanks!
Sep 18, 2019, 09:47 AM
Zippa Flippa
I've done some tests myself, and can't see any difference in range between my Taranis X9D with internal module, vs the Jumper T16 with external 4 in 1 module. I've set up the one receiver in my workshop (Frsky X8R), and taken both of my transmitters (T16 and X9D) on a bike down the road, and there wasn't a noticeable difference in range between them.

My latest flight had me circling at a range of around 500-600 metres from the transmitter (T16), and occasionally I had a "RSSI signal low" alarm but no critical alarms, and certainly no dropouts. I'm happy with the range on the T16 now.
Sep 18, 2019, 09:50 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by visioneer_one
the CC2500 chip (which handles DSM protocols) is rated for a maximum power output of ~70mW as compared with the CYRF6936 chip (which handles FrSky protocols)
You have those 2 swapped.
Sep 18, 2019, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebbian
I've done some tests myself, and can't see any difference in range between my Taranis X9D with internal module, vs the Jumper T16 with external 4 in 1 module. I've set up the one receiver in my workshop (Frsky X8R), and taken both of my transmitters (T16 and X9D) on a bike down the road, and there wasn't a noticeable difference in range between them.

My latest flight had me circling at a range of around 500-600 metres from the transmitter (T16), and occasionally I had a "RSSI signal low" alarm but no critical alarms, and certainly no dropouts. I'm happy with the range on the T16 now.
Itís an amazing, bargain!
Sep 18, 2019, 01:59 PM
Any idea what firmware I need for the Jumper module in a Taranis X9D Plus SE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzo99
Very nice - I like what you did to make the LEDs and USB port accessible.

By the way, going forward I've added a firmware build with no telemetry inversion to the set of pre-compiled binaries we create. The latest one you want for your internal module is multi-stm-opentx-noinv-v1.2.1.76.bin.

(The latest one for a standard external module is multi-stm-opentx-inv-v1.2.1.76.bin)
Sep 18, 2019, 02:02 PM
This radio boggles my mind. Its all very confusing to me. I can just barely figure out my 7 channel Futaba!
Sep 18, 2019, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailr
This radio boggles my mind. Its all very confusing to me. I can just barely figure out my 7 channel Futaba!
Give it some time. Opentx isnít for us old farts. Think of how it is to program servos etc directly, without an intermediary. Just tell them what you want.
Sep 18, 2019, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604
RedJacket, here is the original post where the difference between the crappy stock connector cable and a better quality one was measured.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=284
i just tested the data-alliance cable and i only see about 5-10 extra mw at most compared to the rp-sma coax cables that i've had and been using. That isn't even worth opening my radio to change it out to be honest.
Sep 18, 2019, 05:10 PM
Ben Lye
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeofBrian
Any idea what firmware I need for the Jumper module in a Taranis X9D Plus SE?
Same as for the T16, files named multi-stm-opentx-inv-[version].bin

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
Sep 18, 2019, 05:45 PM
My crossfire full module will arrive in days, I have 2.3 firmware on my jumper T16, is anyone using crossfire without problems or there is something I need to check first?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Sep 18, 2019, 08:29 PM
ancora imparo
Just to be clear, it was some of the the external multimodules that had poor power output.
None of this testing was done on the internal radio connector.

Obviously any improvement would depend on the quality of the original. On some multimodules it appeared that the supplied connecting pigtail was of dubious quality.

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavericm1
i just tested the data-alliance cable and i only see about 5-10 extra mw at most compared to the rp-sma coax cables that i've had and been using. That isn't even worth opening my radio to change it out to be honest.
Sep 19, 2019, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrealosi
My crossfire full module will arrive in days, I have 2.3 firmware on my jumper T16, is anyone using crossfire without problems or there is something I need to check first?

You should really NOT install that version of JumperTx. We know for sure it has several flaws.
Sep 19, 2019, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pafleraf
You should really NOT install that version of JumperTx. We know for sure it has several flaws.
It's weeks I'm using 2.3 and for me everything it's working, I'll try the crossfire tomorrow and if anything I'll downgrade the T16 firmware..

I can't find a way to work the betaflight telemetry, said radio not supported

Sep 19, 2019, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604
Just to be clear, it was some of the the external multimodules that had poor power output.
None of this testing was done on the internal radio connector.

Obviously any improvement would depend on the quality of the original. On some multimodules it appeared that the supplied connecting pigtail was of dubious quality.

John
yeah i replaced my sma pigtails a long time ago with rp-sma also i was testing with an external jp4in1 in the jr bay on the extra one i have so i didn't have to open the radio. the JP4in1 imho just doesn't output more than 60mw in my experience same with the irangex irx4+

Quick Reply