Mar 20, 2019, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Pihl
Well, obviously it does matter nothing to IndyFPV (and perhaps to you as well given your wording), he is in full denial no matter what evidence is offered. However, it might matter something to someone else; not every one has these sticks in hand to compare and make some eperiments.

What I've been trying to say here is that there has been long history of copying and that is not limited to Jumper. And this is why I find large parts of the rants in this thread hypocrite. I do agree that copying is wrong but we should use same standards for everyone. Jumper might be the most blatant on this so far, but still, I know guys who are perfectly happy with the Jumper stuff.

Lastly, it's an useful information to know that the FrSky stick is a mechanically exact copy of the Aurora stick, for example for the people who try to repair these sticks.
LOL. I am not in denial, you just cant read!!!

FRSKY DID NOT COPY THE GIMBALS!!!!! THEY EXISTED BEFORE FRSKY EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT GETTING INTO THE CONTROLLER MARKET!!!

Again!! IT WAS NOT FRSKY!!!

Frsky did not even design the Taranis other than the electronics!!! Which were a replacement for what already existed in the controller from the original company that did design it!!!

The radio they bought, the T810, was out for about 4-5 years before they bought it rework the electronics into what we know as the Taranis.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 20, 2019, 12:34 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyFPV
FRSKY DID NOT COPY THE GIMBALS!!!!!
the Hitec gimbals look as good as others made by the japanese makers.
it's clear that the small chinese companies do not use the same plastic moulding process
Mar 20, 2019, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse
the Hitec gimbals look as good as others made by the japanese makers.
it's clear that the small chinese companies do not use the same plastic moulding process
The molding process is the same. Its simply injection molding.

What varies is the specifics of the type of plastic, the process control, and quality control.

It hardly matters. That isnt his argument. He is arguing that FrSky copied the gimbals from Hitec. Which they did not. They simply acquired the design, regardless of how close it is to any other, from another entity who may or may not have copied it directly.

He is attacking the wrong entity. Plain and simple.

"Looks" dont mean much. All you are seeing is the surface finish difference. Which doesnt affect operation, quality, or anything of the sort. It is simply a texture applied to the mold surface to change the appearance, for better or worse, to the surface of the material.

Just like the chrome buttons. Doesnt affect quality, or operation. Its simply an aesthetic. Love it or leave it.
Mar 20, 2019, 12:49 AM
Quote:
LOL. I am not in denial, you just cant read!!!

FRSKY DID NOT COPY THE GIMBALS!!!!! THEY EXISTED BEFORE FRSKY EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT GETTING INTO THE CONTROLLER MARKET!!!

Again!! IT WAS NOT FRSKY!!!

Frsky did not even design the Taranis other than the electronics!!! Which were a replacement for what already existed in the controller from the original company that did design it!!!

The radio they bought, the T810, was out for about 4-5 years before they bought it rework the electronics into what we know as the Taranis.
Please do not make up stories. FrSky has used only the case of the T810 while the T810 gimbals were completely different than the ones in the Taranis and Aurora, this can be easily seen from the pictures.
Mar 20, 2019, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Please do not make up stories. FrSky has used only the case of the T810 while the T810 gimbals were completely different than the ones in the Taranis and Aurora, this can be easily seen from the pictures.
So you are admitting minor differences you can find in all versions of this radio means its a different gimbal?

Good on you!
Mar 20, 2019, 06:18 AM
Quote:
So you are admitting minor differences you can find in all versions of this radio means its a different gimbal?

Good on you!
There is nothing to admit. The original T810 gimbals have nothing to do with Aurora/FrSky gimbals. The T810 gimbals look like copies of JR gimbals like rest of the T810 hardware, this can be easily seen in pictures.
Mar 20, 2019, 06:21 AM
Quote:
There is nothing to admit. The original T810 gimbals have nothing to do with Aurora/FrSky gimbals. The T810 gimbals look like copies of JR gimbals like rest of the T810 hardware, this can be easily seen in pictures.
Harri, this is getting old, please let it go.
if we go by your logic, then all car engines are illegal copies of someone, every television is a copy, must I go on

I beg of you let it go, this is getting ridiculous,
Mar 20, 2019, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerografixs
if we go by your logic, then all car engines are illegal copies of someone, every television is a copy, must I go on
Nope, you can't change an major part (like valve assembly etc.) from one engine to another from another manufacturer. However, in the case Aurora/FrSky you can change/mix all major mechanical parts and still end up with a fully functional stick assembly.

Regarding the rest. It's has been actually me saying that the people ranting about Jumper should let it go. Most of them have known right from the beginning that the Taranis sticks were copies; the Aurora sticks were used for 9x tuning long before Taranis. They turned a blind eye and now it's back to them.

And yes we should let it go but please don't come back with such ridiculous arguments time after time...
Mar 20, 2019, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Until the product drops there is only conjecture, axe grinding and fanboyism.. I wouldn't hold my breath for this thread to get better any time soon lol.
Mar 20, 2019, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Nope, you can't change an major part (like valve assembly etc.) from one engine to another from another manufacturer. However, in the case Aurora/FrSky you can change/mix all major mechanical parts and still end up with a fully functional stick assembly.

Regarding the rest. It's has been actually me saying that the people ranting about Jumper should let it go. Most of them have known right from the beginning that the Taranis sticks were copies; the Aurora sticks were used for 9x tuning long before Taranis. They turned a blind eye and now it's back to them.

And yes we should let it go but please don't come back with such ridiculous arguments time after time...
ridicuous argument , seriously , you are stuck in neutral about the sticks, and what about all the car tires in the world different companies
Mar 20, 2019, 07:11 AM
Quote:
ridicuous argument , seriously , you are stuck in neutral about the sticks, and what about all the car tires in the world different companies
Ok, let's continue. I can choose and change tires of my car, there is a huge selection available. Just like I can choose and change stick ends in my tx, perhaps not as large selection as tyres but plenty is available with 3 and 4 mm thread.
Mar 20, 2019, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Ok, let's continue. I can choose and change tires in my car, there is a huge selection available. Just like I can choose and change stick ends in my tx, perhaps not as large selection as tyres but plenty is available with 3 and 4 mm thread.
You know what I'm done with you
Mar 20, 2019, 07:18 AM
Quote:
You know what I'm done with you
Sure
Mar 20, 2019, 07:40 PM
Registered Abuser
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPNutter
"imho" = In My Humble Opinion. Couldn't care less on the technicalities of what is better or worse, Spektrum is what I like the most out of what I have owned and used.

If Programming a Spektrum radio is like driving a Bentley on an open freeway then programing OpenTX is like wrangling loose chickens in the back of a bus on a rocky mountain pass somewhere deep in south America. (ok.. dramatic but I be you lol'd)

Fingers crossed the T16 has a better interface.
Couldn't care less?

Does "could not care less" also mean you "could care more"?
Mar 20, 2019, 07:43 PM
Registered Abuser
Quote:
Harri, this is getting old, please let it go.

As I sit here typing on my keyboard I wonder who Acer illegally ripped it off from? As I drive my car I ponder who the manufacturer copied the steering wheel and brakes from? It's funny how similar nearly everything in life looks. After all, there are only so many ways to make the same thing.

Quick Reply