Jun 19, 2019, 05:08 PM
ErskyTx Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzo99
I had to make up a wiring harness to connect to the serial header on the internal module so I could flash it. Importantly, the internal module must be flashed with INVERT_TELEMETRY disabled, unlike the external module. I'm assuming this means that the radio does not have a hardware inverter on the serial pin the internal module is connected to.
I thought both modules telemetry signals connected to the same place. If you don't need to change anything on the radio firmware to receive the telemetry, then it must be connecting to the same U(S)ART on the main board.
Does your board have the correct 7486 part on it? Early modules from Jumper had a 7400 part.

Mike
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2019, 05:08 PM
Quote:
You can't do this with the board from the external module, it's a different PCB.

I'm guessing that Jumper will make the revised internal module available as an upgrade at some point.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
That would turn the T-16 into a radio and that would require FCC approval. Maybe that's already in the pipe line.
Jun 19, 2019, 06:32 PM

Use screen as FPV monitor

How hard would it be to make the output of the camera display on the screen? That would be amazing. Have it as a custom telemetry screen that could be multiple sizes from small to taking over the whole screen. You would need an input from your video receiver though.
Jun 19, 2019, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaymus
How hard would it be to make the output of the camera display on the screen? That would be amazing. Have it as a custom telemetry screen that could be multiple sizes from small to taking over the whole screen. You would need an input from your video receiver though.
I proposed a composite video input to Jumper a few months ago and they said they would look into it once they get caught up which would be switched. OSD would be nice but I don't think that would be as simple. Might even be a hack to switch either or.

Bob
Jun 20, 2019, 03:03 AM
Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Blandford
I thought both modules telemetry signals connected to the same place. If you don't need to change anything on the radio firmware to receive the telemetry, then it must be connecting to the same U(S)ART on the main board.
Does your board have the correct 7486 part on it? Early modules from Jumper had a 7400 part.

Mike
Mike,
They've modified the firmware to match the modification on the internal module (cut traces and wires). This has been done in this pull request: https://github.com/JumperXYZ/JumperTX/pull/9
The internal board has a 7486 which allows to invert or not the telemetry pin.
- Pascal
Jun 20, 2019, 03:56 AM
ErskyTx Developer
Is this formally documented by Jumper anywhere?
I'm not spending time trying to read up changes to JumperTx to transfer them to erskyTx.

Mike
Jun 20, 2019, 04:10 AM
Pascal
Quote:
Is this formally documented by Jumper anywhere?
I'm not spending time trying to read up changes to JumperTx to transfer them to erskyTx.

Mike
No...
Jun 20, 2019, 04:49 AM
ErskyTx Developer
If this mod involves using a different U(S)ART for telemetry as well as for control, then the hardware is drifting further from the X10, which may not be a bad thing, but developers do need proper documentation to support such hardware changes (Jumper?).

Mike
Jun 20, 2019, 06:22 AM
Pascal
Quote:
If this mod involves using a different U(S)ART for telemetry as well as for control, then the hardware is drifting further from the X10, which may not be a bad thing, but developers do need proper documentation to support such hardware changes (Jumper?).

Mike
I've shared with you what I've received from Jumper. I'll ask again.
- Pascal
Jun 20, 2019, 07:48 AM
Quote:
I work with Pascal on the firmware for the multiprotocol module.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
Ahh I see. Far fetched. then. Thank you.
Jun 21, 2019, 08:23 AM
Jumping on the T16 band wagon. Mine came with 2.23 but still have the annoying double scroll issue. Have not opened it up to see if they changed the scroll wheel. Maybe get to that this weekend. Still way behind reading this post... ugh
Jun 21, 2019, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolframore
Jumping on the T16 band wagon. Mine came with 2.23 but still have the annoying double scroll issue. Have not opened it up to see if they changed the scroll wheel. Maybe get to that this weekend. Still way behind reading this post... ugh
What is your serial?
Jun 21, 2019, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob az
what is your serial?
sn: 007806

It had the old April firmware on it... just did the update to the newest. Pretty easy so far. Downloading companion for OpenTX now.

So far I love the radio... my first OpenTX design so got a little learning curve, This is amazing stuff. I really want to hack this thing.

Is there a way to increase resistance on the throttle stick and the sliders?
Last edited by wolframore; Jun 21, 2019 at 04:27 PM.
Jun 21, 2019, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolframore
sn: 007806

It had the old April firmware on it... just did the update to the newest. Pretty easy so far. Downloading companion for OpenTX now.

So far I love the radio... my first OpenTX design so got a little learning curve, This is amazing stuff. I really want to hack this thing.

Is there a way to increase resistance on the throttle stick and the sliders?
I'm guessing they started with 5000. My second T-16 is 6546 and arrived a couple weeks ago. My first was 55XX. So probably 3000 out the door...

Throttle is adjustable through holed accessed by removing the rubber pads in the back.

Bob
Jun 22, 2019, 01:09 AM
Hi
Did anyone try Jeti Duplex TG EX in Jumper T16?
There is no content in the log.
How to set up a broadcast protocol?
PPM?
What about telemetry?
Thank you, Boban

Quick Reply