Jun 05, 2019, 11:25 AM
I want to thank the "insiders" and developers for their contributions to this thread. I appreciate you taking the time to inform us of developments and reply to our questions.

I really wish this forum had a "Like" button for posts.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 05, 2019, 12:18 PM
Bonjour
Je viens vers vous pour un problème avec ma radio jumper t16 n° serie s/n: 006398 que je viens juste de recevoir.
Aprés avoir lu les 103 pages je pense que vous allez pouvoir me dépanner.
Voici les symptômes , lors de la création d'un nouveau model depuis la radio, la radio s’éteint et met le message "EMERGENCY MODE".
La cause je pense l'avoir trouvé . quand on crée un nouveau model la t16 démarre en module rf interne qui a pour effet de la bloquer.
Ya t'il un moyen pour que la radio ne démarre qu'en module rf externe.
si oui quelle procédure suivre?
Je débute en opentx /jumpertx .
Je vous remercie pour votre aide et tout ce que vous faites.

Hello
I come to you for a problem with my radio jumper t16 n ° serie s / n: 006398 that I just received.
After reading the 103 pages I think you'll be able to help me out.
Here are the symptoms, when creating a new model from the radio, the radio turns off and puts the message "EMERGENCY MODE".
The cause I think I found it. when creating a new model the t16 starts in internal rf module which has the effect of blocking it.
Is there a way for the radio to boot only in an external RF module?
if yes, which procedure to follow?
I start in opentx / jumpertx.
I thank you for your help and everything you do.
Jun 05, 2019, 01:03 PM
Flip on Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by le fou de bassan
Bonjour
Voici les symptômes , lors de la création d'un nouveau model depuis la radio, la radio s’éteint et met le message "EMERGENCY MODE".

Hello
Here are the symptoms, when creating a new model from the radio, the radio turns off and puts the message "EMERGENCY MODE".
It looks like you have the same issue that Islandflight had in Post# 663 and failed attempt to resolve with the SD card in Post# 672. RCModelReviews also had a similar problem You can try the SD card attempt but more than like you'll need to contact your vendor for a replacement since yours is defective.

Good luck.

Google Traduire:

Il semblerait que vous ayez le même problème qu'Islandflight dans le message n ° 663 et que la tentative de résolution de la carte SD dans le message n ° 672 ait échoué contacter votre fournisseur pour un remplacement puisque le vôtre est défectueux.

Bonne chance.
Jun 05, 2019, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman326
Does anybody out there know when the Jumper T16 will receive FCC certification?
I'm still waiting for my 4/30/2019 pre-order from a vendor in the U.S. to legally be allowed to ship these transmitters.

Gerry
You have been fed a red herring! There is no radio in the T-16, it's a chassis. The radio is in the add on module supplied free with every T-16! The module does have an FCC approval since it's has already been approved by the FCC and sports an FCC approval number.

I suggest contacting Hobbycool, great price, fast service and they stand behind what they sell. AND they don't lie about bogus reasons for not shipping. I assume you already paid for the T-16? Everyone else has received theirs.

I had a short caused by a gimbal screw left loose in the chassis and I has a brand new one in 9 days and they covered all costs.

It seems that production is quite limited, maybe 1500 total produced but I have seen T-16s in stock at US vendors.
Bob
Last edited by Bob AZ; Jun 05, 2019 at 08:27 PM.
Jun 05, 2019, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by le fou de bassan
Bonjour
Je viens vers vous pour un problème avec ma radio jumper t16 n° serie s/n: 006398 que je viens juste de recevoir.
Aprés avoir lu les 103 pages je pense que vous allez pouvoir me dépanner.
La cause je pense l'avoir trouvé . quand on crée un nouveau model la t16 démarre en module rf interne qui a pour effet de la bloquer.
Ya t'il un moyen pour que la radio ne démarre qu'en module rf externe.
si oui quelle procédure suivre?
Je débute en opentx /jumpertx .
Je vous remercie pour votre aide et tout ce que vous faites.

Hello
I come to you for a problem with my radio jumper t16 n ° serie s / n: 006398 that I just received.
After reading the 103 pages I think you'll be able to help me out.
The cause I think I found it. when creating a new model the t16 starts in internal rf module which has the effect of blocking it.
Is there a way for the radio to boot only in an external RF module?
if yes, which procedure to follow?
I start in opentx / jumpertx.
I thank you for your help and everything you do.
Voila!!

Why I won't be using MY Jumper T16 transmitter (3 min 18 sec)

A replacement SD board was sent by Jumper and it fixed the problem!

Bob
Jun 05, 2019, 01:44 PM
Aerospace enthusiast
I make my own the words of the FPVNewbie.

Many thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVNewbie
I want to thank the "insiders" and developers for their contributions to this thread. I appreciate you taking the time to inform us of developments and reply to our questions.

I really wish this forum had a "Like" button for posts.
Jun 05, 2019, 05:09 PM
"Spark Chaser"

T-16, yeah I like mine....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcartie
Help! Is the T-16 a good radio? I hear alot of bad and good reviews. Should I buy one or go with the FrSky Taranis X9D Or X-lite Pro.... I want to hear from you all.....Thanks
I have had mine since early May. It has worked very well, I've been flying with it several times a week every week since then. I've mostly used FrSky receivers and one FlySky RX, and now the FrSky R9M module and R9MM receivers. I'm a new OpenTX (JumperTX) user, so learning that has been a bit of a hurdle. More power, and more responsibility.

I've used it to fly mini-quads both 5" and 3", as well as several FPV fixed wing planes.

Today I did my first flight with an FPV NanoGoblin setup with iNav and the R9M RX. T-16 worked great.

My 'other' main radio is Spektrum DX9 which I've had over five years. I would say the Jumper T-16 compares pretty well. Spektrum's latest radios are just too pricey for me now. I also own a Jumper T8SG v2 (little yellow). This is an OK radio, and is nice to have as a travel / backup radio. Using the T8SG v2 is what led me to take a chance on the T-16.

Myself, I like to support open systems. Open Source, Open Standards, .etc - so for me, the latest FrSky ACCESS protocol is a non-starter. It might have things to offer to some users, but an open standard it isn't. While I like many of FrSky's products, I don't care for the 'feel' of their transmitters. Hopefully FrSky will continue to offer RX's which run on open standards. If not.. well I might be tossing more money elsewhere.

FPV Mini-Skyhunter with Jumper T16 (6 min 30 sec)
Jun 05, 2019, 06:09 PM
ErskyTx Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokeane
Myself, I like to support open systems. Open Source, Open Standards, .etc - so for me, the latest FrSky ACCESS protocol is a non-starter. It might have things to offer to some users, but an open standard it isn't. While I like many of FrSky's products, I don't care for the 'feel' of their transmitters. Hopefully FrSky will continue to offer RX's which run on open standards. If not.. well I might be tossing more money elsewhere.
None of the FrSky protocols have ever been open (either source or standard), from the first V1 protocol through D8, D16 and now ACCESS.

Mike
Jun 05, 2019, 06:47 PM
I don't suppose anybody has made a new battery door so we can use a 2s2p pack have they? I don't mind the extra weight (other radio is Horus X12S) for just never having to worry about charging
Jun 05, 2019, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillawill
I don't suppose anybody has made a new battery door so we can use a 2s2p pack have they? I don't mind the extra weight (other radio is Horus X12S) for just never having to worry about charging
From my initial investigations seems like maximum energy density is achieved with 2 x 5 aH 18360s.

Bob
Jun 06, 2019, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob AZ
From my initial investigations seems like maximum energy density is achieved with 2 x 5 aH 18360s.

Bob
Never seen that size, I have ordered 4 18650 though to make 2 packs up, so might as well use them if possible
Jun 06, 2019, 05:23 AM
I Void Warranties
5000 mAh 18650 doesn't exist, anything above 3500 mAh is probably fake advertising
Jun 06, 2019, 06:16 AM
I have test fitted a pair of 20700 cells which fit in the compartment - see attached pic. There isnt sufficient room to fit a sled in as well, they're pretty snug, but you could solder tabs and a balance plug on. You can get a legitimate 4000mah cell (4250mah nominal) in that size (e.g. Sanyo NCR20700B).

I suspect this is the upper limit as I dont think you'd comfortably fit a pair of 21700s (4500mah max?) in there @ +1mm diameter each, and Im not aware of a longer cell in the 20mm form factor.

Honestly 18650 is such an accessible and inexpensive cell i find it much easier having a couple of spares in the field box than having a bespoke transmitter-specific lipo pack like I did with my spektrum gear.
Last edited by mshagg2; Jun 06, 2019 at 06:24 AM.
Jun 06, 2019, 06:58 AM
!= International Arms Dealer
Can someone measure and post the actual size of the battery compartment? I have a T16 on order, but do not plan to use the supplied 18650 carrier.
Latest blog entry: RLink on 2S?
Jun 06, 2019, 07:18 AM
Flip on Tech

Battery Compartment Dimensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by visioneer_one
Can someone measure and post the actual size of the battery compartment? I have a T16 on order, but do not plan to use the supplied 18650 carrier.
75x42x16 mm

Quick Reply