This thread is privately moderated by nigelsheffield, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 25, 2019, 12:56 PM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Frsky x-lite review / converting from x9d for a hybrid pincher.

Ive been using the frsky x9d happily since it was first released but decided I wanted to try the x-lite for easier transportation, also the x9d always felt a bit big and awkward in my hands and the reaching the corners difficult at times ..

It took me awhile to get used to the x-lite after flying RC for over 30 years with normal big txs.
But now I've got used to it I love it and don't want to use the x9d anymore lol.( Those of you who know me from old will know just how much this means )

I'll be going through some of the features here and some thoughts as to what might be improved but for now I'll give a link to my affiliate tracking link which will cost you no extra and please use it to help convince banggood to use me for future reviews .

Frsky x-lite banggood. https://bit.ly/2ISS1o7

The open source firmware is always being updated with new features so will never go out of date.
It has hall sensor gimbals which will not wear out like normal gimbals and are nice and precise .
It's small and light and comes in a nice little case which can easily be thrown into a rucksack or small bag etc.
Batteries are removable so a spare set can be carried just in case.

Not so good is the batteries are not supplied and are 2* 18500 size so need to buy those seperately.( AliExpress is cheap I got 4* 1300mah cells for 6 )

To be continued ..
Last edited by nigelsheffield; Mar 04, 2019 at 02:58 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 15, 2019, 11:38 AM
Thread OP
After using this some more I have changed the stick ends as I kept feeling like my thumbs / finger were sliding off to easily.
I just added some heat shrink over between the thread and used sticks ends with bigger hole becuasei I had them already lol.
Worked out well enough and gave a little more height

Name: IMG_20190415_173658.jpg
Views: 2
Size: 1.44 MB
Description:
On offer for 50 pence so worth a try lol. Much cheaper than the dedicated 2.5mm thread one form the x-lite.

https://bit.ly/2Pek3Ku ( affiliate link )

Quick Reply