3D Printed Whoop Gate Parts

Spring may be nearly here, but it's still indoor flying season and we wanted to share this simple 3D print project that you make custom whoop gates with.

Splash

Easy Whoop Gates for Micro Drones

Spring may be nearly here, but it's still indoor flying season and we wanted to share this simple 3D print project that you make custom whoop gates with. simo71 on Thingiverse uploaded this project titled Whoop Gates last month. It consists of two separate pieces that thread together and allows you to connect tubing to them to create a stable round racing gate.

You can pick up tubing with an 8mm inner diameter at most home hardware stores. He used black tubing designed for automated gardening systems. The round gate required 1.2 meters of tubing and the support feet are 30cm long. You can easily alter the tubing with a heat gun or hair dyer to make them straight for the feet. This is simple, easy to make and cheap, plus you can break it down for storage.

Check out the Whoop Gate project here

Feb 25, 2019, 09:25 AM
I'm just a 2.5D Pilot
This is AWESOME!
Feb 25, 2019, 09:40 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Very cool. There's also these ones on Thingiverse that are slotted so that LED light strips can be used during assembly for lighted gates.

I've printed and made a few. Still need to get some lights for them.
Feb 25, 2019, 09:56 AM
Oldie, not Moldie
FWIW, I put these up:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3423366

I also put a bunch of add-on dodads up for it (if you're interested, click on my nick there and check out my designs, If you aren't, that's good too ).
Feb 25, 2019, 10:56 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssayer
FWIW, I put these up:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3423366

I also put a bunch of add-on dodads up for it (if you're interested, click on my nick there and check out my designs, If you aren't, that's good too ).
Saved in my collections. Will definitely be making some.
Feb 25, 2019, 12:32 PM
Oldie, not Moldie
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmax
Saved in my collections. Will definitely be making some.
The gate itself takes me a little over an hour to print. Then depending on which hanger or whatever, it's around an hour for that. So, approximately 2 hours per gate. I'm at 19 gates as I type this and a good time for one lap on my "indoor in my house course" takes me right around a minute. I really like the numbered gate flags. As soon as I printed some up, I knew I'd be printing one for each gate. Different strokes, don't you know...
Mar 15, 2019, 12:36 PM
Prefectionist
More options for indoor whoop gates.

This gate and it's remixes:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3323922

Quick Reply