Mar 03, 2019, 06:18 PM
Thread OP
So, got the plane out to range test Friday and it began exhibiting the original bad behavior. Slow connect, jittery sluggish servos with solid green LED. After a few minutes it started behaving normally and I proceeded with range test. Range test was no good at only like 50 feet.

I swapped with another 8 channel Rx and everything works great.

So, this Rx got fouled up sitting in my shop somehow.

Thanks for your assistance,

Kent
to remove ads between posts
Mar 03, 2019, 10:27 PM
Did you change the transmitter, or number of channels? If so, you have to re-bind the receiver. Is it old receiver firmware without the reboot notification? Are you using a switch? Did you try a straight battery to the receiver? Is the receiver at least 12" off of the ground during a range test? Are you following the range test procedure in this forum?
Mar 04, 2019, 09:17 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
Did you change the transmitter, or number of channels? If so, you have to re-bind the receiver. Is it old receiver firmware without the reboot notification? Are you using a switch? Did you try a straight battery to the receiver? Is the receiver at least 12" off of the ground during a range test? Are you following the range test procedure in this forum?
No change in transmitter or channels
Itís the newer firmware
No switch, plugged directly to the Rx. (Tried two different batteries)
Yes, itís more than 12Ē off the ground
Yes, following the post range test proc
Mar 04, 2019, 11:16 AM
Try doing a RESET to the receiver, re-bind, and then range test it again.
Mar 04, 2019, 04:24 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
Try doing a RESET to the receiver, re-bind, and then range test it again.
I have already tried that. See my post from 2/26
Mar 04, 2019, 08:56 PM
Do you have a picture of your installation that you can post? Have you tried doing a range test with just the receiver, battery, and a servo?

Quick Reply