Feb 23, 2019, 08:29 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Tactic ttx850

Does anybody know how to access the menu to activate the side levers on the tx. About two years another user (tomme21 )had the same issue and was able to find the “hiddden menu” with help from hobbico. I called horizon and they could not help me. The side levers are on pots so they should be proportional - but they act like a switch ( on-off). Adjusting end points per manual does not do the trick. The other user did not elaborate on how to make the side levers work and has not been on the site in two years. Hope he is doing well. The manual does not make any mention of the side levers except saying they are there. Any help would be appreciated - thanks, matt
Last edited by modelfun01; Feb 23, 2019 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Spelling
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2019, 08:07 PM
Subscribed! If there is a "secret" menu I want to know about it too! It would be nice to get full range from the slide levers so they could be used as I had hoped for flaps and possibly gyro gains.
Thanks!
Geoffrey
Feb 23, 2019, 08:53 PM
Thread OP

Ttx850

Thanks for answering. I figured i was all alone on this one - especially since the radio is not available anymore. I would like the side levers for flaps and gain also. The side levers are on pots so they should move the servos proportionally. I think it just a matter of accessing the correct programming which is not in the manual. Will keep trying and if i ever figure it out will post it.
Feb 24, 2019, 09:09 PM
Thread OP

Tactic ttx850

Ok - figured it it out. Actually it seems pretty simple and I tried it before but it did not work. It works now. I set this up on my carbon z T-28. Channel 1-4 normal set-up. I used channel 5 for my flaps, channel 6 for gear, channel 7 for gyro on -off, and channel 8 for gyro gain. The receiver is the tactic 826. I am not using the tactic gain as outlined in the manual. I am just using the gain on channel 8 for illustration purposes. When setting up the airplane in the setting menu if you want adjustable rates ( proportional movement ) you must use the CAMERA GIMBAL for the channels that you want to be proportional. One channel can be pan and the other channel you use is tilt if you need two additional proportional channels. Only two additional channels can be used for a total of 6 proportional channels. I set up pan mode on channel 5 for flaps and tilt mode on channel 8. The rates are 100%. Just follow the instructions on page 18 of the manual. I now have full range of flaps on the right slider and adjustable gyro gain on the left slider if I decide to use it. You can also control another servo if you wanted instead of adjustable gyro. You can flip the sliders to suit yourself. When you get done setting up your model and go to servo status screen you will now see pan and tilt for channel 5 and 8. When you move the sticks you will see the proportional movement. Of course you can also use pan or tilt on channel 6 or 7. The manual does not tell you how to make the sliders work proportionally . You have to act like you are using a camera gimbal to program over the on /off switch default function of the slider. I hope this helps.
Feb 26, 2019, 11:19 AM

Thank you!

Fantastic! Thanks Modelfun01! I briefly explored the camera gimbal menus out of curiosity but never thought to use them for programming proportional control via the sliders. Can't wait to try it! Now I can have more fun with flaps!
Cheers,
Geoffrey

Quick Reply