E-flite - Turbo Timber 1.5m BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select (EFL15250)

The E-flite Turbo Timber 1.5m marks the latest evolution of the iconic Timber design with metal-geared servos, a 3S and 4S compatible power system. The bird has a turboprop-styled nose and 3-blade prop for more performance and capabilities than ever before.

Splash

The Turbo Timber 1.5m

From Horizon

Shock-absorbing landing gear equipped with oversized, tundra-style wheels plus the optional-use float set and leading edge slats, functional slotted flaps and the LED light system from the original are all standard. It has a turboprop-styled nose, capped off with a 3-blade prop and spinner that are driven by a more powerful 3S and 4S compatible power system- supported by a stiffer airframe that's equipped with more durable and reliable metal-geared servos- and you have enhanced performance and capabilities that make this the most fun you can have with a Timber yet!

Live Q&A - E-flite Turbo Timber 1.5m (22 min 42 sec)

Features

• Incredible Short Take Off and Landing (STOL) plus sport and aerobatic flight capabilities
  • High-power 3S and 4S compatible 50A ESC and outrunner motor with 3-blade prop
  • Stiffer wing for improved aileron authority, roll rates and handling
  • Functional slotted flaps for shorter takeoffs and landings
  • Six durable and factory-installed metal-geared servos
  • Spektrum™ 6-channel receiver with industry-leading DSMX® technology
  • Unmatched stability and precision of AS3X® technology for smoother flight performance
  • Easy to fly with optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
  • Shock-absorbing landing gear with oversized tundra-style wheels
  • Includes optional-use floats with steerable rudders for flying from water
  • Functional and factory-installed LED landing, navigation and strobe lights
  • Lightweight yet durable composite-reinforced, hollow-core EPO construction
  • Optional-use leading edge slats for improved STOL and slow flight performance
  • Fast and easy bolt-together assembly- no glue required

More Info

For pricing and more information head over to Horizon Hobby.

Feb 22, 2019, 09:48 PM
LOL Great plane ..Still waiting for Jason M. to post a video or You Jim t.
Feb 22, 2019, 11:58 PM

Turbo Timber Tactics

I’ll be getting one for the longer nose as a 13/6 Aeronaut Carbon folding prop will reduce prop drag during thermal mode. I usually bring a DHLG and motorglider along to the field to catch thermals but sometimes I’ll catch one with a sport plane!
I really like the looks of the 3 bladed prop on my Cirrus. Performance is nice on a 3S and excellent on a 4S. The 3 blade makes a lot of noise when I go into reverse! Sure reduces stopping distance on hard surfaces!
Feb 25, 2019, 11:26 AM
Saw this at the AMA Expo this past weekend, looks awesome! Wheels are nice too, not that hard "foam" like the CZ 150 has...nice semi firm material.
Mar 09, 2019, 10:45 AM
TBY
TBY

In the box

Hi
Just got the PNP version.
Found a metal rod and plywood piece (attached a pic) that I could not place.
Horizon Hobby product support replied quickly:
"The silver rod is the elevator spar that you need to use to get the CG correct on the plane, the other carbon tube is for the Timber X. The carbon tube was put in all the boxes by mistake.
The wooden piece is for shipping purpose."
FYI
Have a great day
Mar 09, 2019, 11:33 AM
Yvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBY
Hi
"The silver rod is the elevator spar that you need to use to get the CG correct on the plane, the other carbon tube is for the Timber X. The carbon tube was put in all the boxes by mistake.
FYI
Have a great day
Exactly, I had this question!
The silver rod is the elevator spar that I have to use to get the correct CG on the plane for the TT!

The manual does not indicate to use the metal rod. !!!
(SVP) For the TT, Metal or carbon !!! (Jason M)
Yvan

https://www.horizonhobby.com/horizon...timber-efl5259
If I order for a replacement, the tube is supplied with the carbon tube. !!!

Ok, I'm going to watch the video again and Jason says to put the (Metal Tube), for the Turbo's nose longer.
Thanks for the info and the video.
Yvan
Last edited by MysTiC27; Mar 09, 2019 at 12:22 PM.
Apr 16, 2019, 01:50 AM
ddv
ddv

Plywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBY
Hi
FYI
Have a great day
The plywood piece is for secure the back section of the float atachment (page 15 in the manual). Not just shipping purpose
Apr 16, 2019, 04:11 AM
Wood piece is not used for floats.....wood is not on page 15.
Apr 16, 2019, 04:16 AM
Wood piece is not used for floats.....wood is not on page 15.

Quick Reply