Feb 21, 2019, 04:50 PM
Thread OP
Help!

issue with waypoints and vector flashing green

Hello,

I have an issue with my vector concerning waypoints and I was wondering if anyone with the same setup could help.

I use a vector eagletree with gps and a MyTwinDream foam plane (+ dragonlink V3 for Rx/Tx)

When I try to use waypoints, the plane goes in the right direction but oscillate vertically. The oscillations get bigger and bigger and the plane eventually crashes.
I think my plane is slightly nose heavy, could that be the issue? It works fine when I use the 2D stabilization mode.
I don't have a FPV setup for now (no camera, no screen), so when I do this, I use low altitude waypoints (around 30m). Is it too low?
Also, I don't understand the ''Desired climbrate'' ''Desired Descend/Sinkrate'' in the ''Advanced RTH/Configuration'' section. Why is it capped at 16 MPS? I use meters in my software so I would guess it is meters per second? So around 56 Km/h. What should I put in there?
I feel like the issue might be the gains in waypoints mode but I really don't know how to fix that. Or maybe just lower the maximum pitch?
My vector is also always flashing green for some reason, which means 'a 2D flightmode is selected' even though it is not in 2D mode.
If someone could share screenshots of their vector configuration with a MyTwinDream setup that would be really nice and helpful.

Thank you for reading.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 18, 2019, 01:20 AM
You need to adapt the gains (over all gain and the vertical gain)

Climb- and Sinkrate means how fast your plane can climb or sink. If your plane can climb 5 meters per second you should enter this value. Same for sinkrate.

Quick Reply