Feb 20, 2019, 06:44 PM
Thread OP
Alert

scratch built model for new LEGEND MODEL BOAT KIT

I know that a lot of customers are waiting for the first in our new kit releases, the outboard SKI Boat “Swish Blade’, but I do not want anyone think that we are spending idle time while we package our first kits for shipping.

We are always working more than one new kit at any given time, and thus the next two kits in the lineup for release are already in the works before we ship out the first release.

We have just completed our scratch build model of the Lyman 16 1/2’ OUTBOARD to prove out our CAD lines and plans before moving on to producing a laser cut and built model for kit production. We will always follow this procedure when we are producing a lap strake hull to make sure of the lofting of the planks is true.

At the same time we are getting ready to move on the second stage for the Lyman kit we are starting the first stage of the HIGGINS “MAGNUM 18” mahogany speed boat which will be the second release before the Lyman OUTBOARD.

So to prove that the Lyman OUT BOARD is coming sometime around summer, I am posting the scratch build of the Lyman 16 1/2’ OUTBOARD for your enjoyment.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 20, 2019, 07:01 PM
Beautiful!
John
Feb 20, 2019, 07:45 PM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
Wow- I can almost smell that copper bronze bottom paint and the exhaust of that 75 Johnson-It'll be a winner!!
Latest blog entry: Mark V Navy Seal SOC
Feb 20, 2019, 07:52 PM
Chris
Amazing. Looking forward to the build log.
Feb 20, 2019, 08:05 PM
mahoganyfan

Wow!

Hey Bob and John (deepwater), I saw this boat up and close last night at our club meeting for Garden State Model Boaters. Let me be the first to tell you Legend Model Boats hit it out of the park again. Rich did a tremendous job on the scratch build of her. It is award winning for sure. I don’t know where he finds enough time in the day to run a company and develop premium kits for our hobby. Standing ovation needed for this one. Congratulations Rich on another nautical gem.
Feb 20, 2019, 09:25 PM
boat butcher
Beautiful .

Mark
Feb 20, 2019, 09:37 PM
Chris
It looks great with the motor. The EP1 and Octura prop provide decent power to the model?
Feb 20, 2019, 09:48 PM
Mopar Musclecar fanatic
Really nice looking! Looking forward to seeing her on the water!

Bob
Feb 21, 2019, 01:19 PM
Thread OP
SSG.PERKINS- Since the motor and the prop size are the same as the LYMAN 25' SOFT TOP SLEEPER kit it should give that same amount of power and speed with this model, or even better since the prop thrust is straight back on the outboard motor.
Feb 21, 2019, 03:21 PM
Grumpa Tom
Rich, this model is gorgeous!
Feb 21, 2019, 03:24 PM
Chris
This one is going on my shelf when it comes out. Also, the Magnum.
Feb 21, 2019, 03:47 PM
Boats on the brain!!
I like it!!!!

My dads friend had a lap strake hulled boat that we took a ride on when I was a kid. I wish I could find out what model/make it was.

Quick Reply